What's new

India's slum population will rise to 104 million by 2017

Villages are slums? You will go into any kind of argument to win a debate huh? And who told you that Indian villages don't have electricity, sanitation, or transport?....only very few places are yet to have these facilities. You can find several horrible reports on China's rural areas, and working conditions in Chinese factories. You may not find these reports in China as everything CCP doesn't like is blocked there, but you can definitely find them if you search from your location USA.

Yes, villages are indeed slums. If village are so nice, why your govt want maintain a 2.47% annual rate of growth in urban rate? Why don't you just live in stone age? Fresh meat, no natural gas, only fire.

When your urbanization rate reaches a threshold, let's say 70%, rich people would like to go back to villages enjoying good air after a whole day's busy work in the office buildings of downtown. This is trend. We have convenient access to rural areas. Highway is my province have already connected each county, covering 100 million people. Rural residents are free to go to best schools, hospitals and shopping malls in urban areas within a short time.

Yes, you have electricity, sanitation, or transport, but can you guarantee it's effective and convenient? 60Km/hr train is transport, 300km/hr HSR is also transport.

No, I can hear as many negative news about China rural areas as I can in China, though less from PDF.

Are you trying to ignore the evidence.

No, I believe the data you provided. But same threshold of slum population sometimes results in different living standard.

we'd better copy some India slums to boost our tourism,it may help us face the current economy deceleration

Very good news. Nothing to worry about. I have a small slum behind my house. They have everything that I have and everything that I have not(I do not have a flat TV or a Tab) except own land/house to leave in which is very costly in cities. And they have their own land/house in their villages. They come to Cities in search of job and they get it. What I think only short fall is their accommodation which if the Govt. and Private developers if cooperate can be achieved. They can easily pay an EMI of 5-6 thousand PM and they can have a 1BHK flat with the loan. They provide real help to built the cities. That means if the slums increase means the city is going. If Govt. solves their accommodation problem then there will be nothing to be called slum.

But there are some drawbacks also. Slums are kept as slums to be used for vote bank politics. The slums are home to petty criminals and fire arm dealers etc.

But Pakistan has bigger percentage of slums. :lol:

Pakistan Percentage of urban population in slums: 48% :woot:

Slums and urban poverty in Pakistan - Homeless International

Kiddo please... slums seriously? even the so much touted Orangi looks a zillion times better than ur dharavi:

Orangi :

npjk2g.jpg

2qimc05.jpg

fnvfgp.jpg

Orangi pics:

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=i&r...yN_wG4JrR9MnMBOx2YuVPQxw&ust=1377098394895388

Dharvi india:

118ow04.jpg

rm69g9.jpg

P.S: I wonder how Pakistan got into the thread.. also 40+% or 26 million people... ? fking seriously.

Also do take a look at the thread half of indians without electricity.. :lol:

Pakistan also houses 2.5 million bangladeshi,2+ million afghans,.5-1 million other refugees... and these are just the registered ones.

You mean Orangi's slums got vanished in 2-3 years.

Lol kid.. the orangi slum is a trillion times better than ur slums...

Read the report again.. these afghan refugees sell their houses in CDA built colonies .. more on afghan refugees illegal settlements near Islamabad.

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...oRuMzdiKZ4MG57cl89Akc4w&bvm=bv.50952593,d.Yms

A full report by Institute of Forigen Policy:

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...Ga03zjF5LGnUnfSiswIC-Jg&bvm=bv.50952593,d.Yms

These refugees are a pain in the arse!

slums in shenzhen
http://img4.bbs.**********/uploadfiles/images/2013/02/21/0221114822716.JPG
sys_468826.jpg

20130809114337103.jpg

some of these slums will disappear like this one in years
20130809114336282.jpg

Yes, though slum population has a unified international standard, in different countries, situation varies. China has done much better than India in public infrastructure and facilities. I am sure the poorest area in Shenzhen is much better than the upper middle level cities in India.

Yes, though slum population has a unified international standard, in different countries, situation varies. China has done much better than India in public infrastructure and facilities. I am sure the poorest area in Shenzhen is much better than the upper middle level cities in India.

you mean this from 2009 video is no more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Statistics are like mini-skirts, they don't reveal everything. We all know the ground realities.

When Mao said religion is poison he didn't say that propaganda mechanism too in a totalitarian system can proved to be hashish.

^^^^^^^
I won't post similar videos of India to prove something. There is no need.

Then what is this in Beijing.
beijing.jpg
see the difference? the people living in the buildings i posted are those who cannot afford good dormitory,rent of these buildings is very cheap,usually less than 1000 rmb for a room of about 15 square meters per month,so good choice for the poor.
what you posted looks like a village in north China near town.the people living there are local residents,they are owners of these houses.from the pic we can see that there is no new house there,so im sure they will have to remove. if it's a village in 5th ring of Beijing,congratulate all them from little babies to the old are millionaires.if not,they may get only a small dormitory of about 100 square meters for each family.
so you'd better research before post something

see the difference? the people living in the buildings i posted are those who cannot afford good dormitory,rent of these buildings is very cheap,usually less than 1000 rmb for a room of about 15 square meters per month,so good choice for the poor.
what you posted looks like a village in north China near town.the people living there are local residents,they are owners of these houses.from the pic we can see that there is no new house there,so im sure they will have to remove. if it's a village in 5th ring of Beijing,congratulate all them from little babies to the old are millionaires.if not,they may get only a small dormitory of about 100 square meters for each family.
so you'd better research before post something

The picture is from Beijing.

Back
Top Bottom