What's new

India's slum population will rise to 104 million by 2017

Then what is this in Beijing.
beijing.jpg

Oh my, how I wish I owned one tiny room in the picture! I would not have to work for the rest of my life, retirement, here I come!

Back to topic, what's definition of slums? I mean people living in those houses in the pictures probably have kitchen, bathroom and even air conditioner, so by just looking at rooftops of houses, I don't know how they care classified as slums, because they are too crowded, too old?

Oh my, how I wish I owned one tiny room in the picture! I would not have to work for the rest of my life, retirement, here I come!

Back to topic, what's definition of slums? I mean people living in those houses in the pictures probably have kitchen, bathroom and even air conditioner, so by just looking at rooftops of houses, I don't know how they care classified as slums, because they are too crowded, too old?

True, if you own one of those small houses inside Beijing, you are set for life. In India, that is not the case as the slums in downtown Bombay is not own by the slum dwellers. They are just squatters.

Liberal Americans tune into CNBC, the conservatives watch Fox news. Americans know exactly which media represents what political views, they make their own choices. Many americans are against the gulf war, there's no propaganda at all. You have to know, it was the republican administration that started the war.
You are right about India media and all the manipulation of facts. But that's down to poor industry regulation. If I may say so, when you have serious corruption problem in govt, nothing is going to work. It trickles down.
Talking about banning or censorship, we are not in 1930's. As I said, it's the information age, we easily pass by the proxy or get illegally download movies via torrent.
And Google is just portal. You can use Yahoo to get to the same websites.

Banning of google was a mere emblem of what is defined as a part of state publicity policy.In the beginning of this year the new year's editorial of your popular Southern Weekly was revised and rewritten by by Guangdong's propaganda chief.It stirred up huge protest among other reporters and readers. This is also a kind of washing people's brain with state's own manifestations.
As far as banning on Google is concerned,you can, you can have hundred different search engines like Baidu. But it's upto the ruling state which decides on which topic the readers would be allowed to discuss and which topics or phrases to be omitted from the page. The technique of publicity also builds it's own frame of work in this information age with the help of technology itself,otherwise everything is same just as it was in the 30's.

In the beginning of this year the new year's editorial of your popular Southern Weekly was revised and rewritten by by Guangdong's propaganda chief.It stirred up huge protest among other reporters and readers. This is also a kind of washing people's brain with state's own manifestations.

Does n't it tell you propaganda does not work anymore? That people are educated enough to question what types of news/information they are reading?

As far as banning on Google is concerned,you can, you can have hundred different search engines like Baidu. But it's upto the ruling state which decides on which topic the readers would be allowed to discuss and which topics or phrases to be omitted from the page.

Every country has censorship of some forum. Movies in the US is more heavily censored than in Europe. There are many forums in China, like PDF, where you can freely discuss politics. More importantly, Censorship does not equal to propaganda.

The technique of publicity also builds it's own frame of work in this information age with the help of technology itself,otherwise everything is same just as it was in the 30's.

How so? I can almost instantly get the latest news from everywhere in the world within seconds. In the 30's, the only source of information is print media, newspaper. There is no TV, no internet, no access to foreigner media.

You are all over the place with yr argument.

Those houses look extremely packed. People living in slums generally can afford lots of things apart from good houses. Here are the slums from Shenyang. @faithfulguy @djsjs

shenyang_china_-_march_11_2009_a_child_plays_along_a_railway_at_a_shanty_town_where_residents_will_move_into_low-rent_apartments_provided_by_the_government_china_december_2009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1) That's a student thesis, graduate essay if you like. You can also find theses that argue the opposite.
2) The thesis is about media censorship. Do not confuse censorship with propaganda!

Online censorship,surveillance and propaganda mechanism are interweaved together to form a complete control system for Publicity of States own manifestations. Our views are never likely to converge.So we can stop here.

New Report Exposes China’s Key Mechanism of Online Censorship, Surveillance and Propaganda | Status of Chinese People

Online censorship,surveillance and propaganda mechanism are interweaved together to form a complete control system for Publicity of States own manifestations. Our views are never likely to converge.So we can stop here.

Censorship and surveillance exist in almost every country. Going by your argument, every govt runs a propaganda and the people are unaware of it? It's 2013, not 1930's.

Censorship and surveillance exist in almost every country. Going by your argument, every govt runs a propaganda and the people are unaware of it? It's 2013, not 1930's.

It divides the people in two sections. One,the fewer section who have the ability to decide right and wrong,while the other and larger sect tends to decide in black and white. In a democratic system this division is conspicuous where as in an autocratic rule it is too hard to demarcate.

Peace.

It divides the people in two sections. One,the fewer section who have the ability to decide right and wrong,while the other and larger sect tends to decide in black and white. In a democratic system this division is conspicuous where as in an autocratic rule it is too hard to demarcate.

Peace.

That's true for the case of India, where literacy rate is low. But not countries with high literacy rate, democratic or otherwise.

Those houses look extremely packed. People living in slums generally can afford lots of things apart from good houses. Here are the slums from Shenyang. @faithfulguy @djsjs

shenyang_china_-_march_11_2009_a_child_plays_along_a_railway_at_a_shanty_town_where_residents_will_move_into_low-rent_apartments_provided_by_the_government_china_december_2009.jpg

great job . thanks for your searching so hard to prove there are slums in China.
after failed to find slums in beijing,you spend hours googling and finally get this pic. very nice .
now we have a new concept that a poor group of no more than 10 families can be called slum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese slums look sh)t. Poor chinese slum dwellers with no rights.

Back
Top Bottom