What's new

India's popular small cars FaiLs crash test !

Made-in-India cars crash tested for the first time | NDTV.com

Some of India's best-selling small cars have failed independent crash tests conducted by a global car safety watchdog.

All five small cars popular on the Indian market last year, including the famous Tata Nano and the Hyundai i10, failed the crash tests performed by London car-safety watchdog Global NCAP (New Car Assessment Programme).

The cars that were tested were the Tata Nano, Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Hyundai i10, Ford Figo and Volkswagen Polo. All cars had to be made-in-India models only, and the most basic or entry-level version available in the market was selected for testing. This meant none of them had airbags - one of the most basic prerequisites globally to pass a safety test.

There were two tests carried out on identical cars of the same make - meaning two of each car were procured by Global NCAP from Indian showrooms, and shipped to Germany for the tests. One crash test was performed at 56 kmph, the other at 64 kmph.

All five cars failed the test, landing a zero on a scale of 1-5.

I shudder thinking if the international models being sold here have structural changes made to fit to the budget.

NCAP tests must be enforced in India also ABS and ESP/EBD as bare minimum if not frontal Airbags. but, who cares?

Last edited:
Well nt just the not so famous NaNo has failed bt 4 out of every 5 cars on indian roads as well :argh: :hitwall:

Guys,you have to understand it's a indian product.

Normally I would agree with you.

But for god's sake, your flags indicate you are Chinese. The same nation that tried to kill little children by exporting lead laden dolls to America.

Pot meet kettle. Kettle meet black.

Considering the reputation of Chinese products, it's hypocritical to say the least.

Guys,you have to understand it's a indian product.

Anyone can criticise Indian products except chinese.I have my own experience with chinese products .Chinese mobile exploded with its charger when I try to charge it .This happens after two days since i bought it.I cant complain since it is chinese mobile.Mobile store owner already told that.

Its to do with different parameters.

None of them had airbags - one of the most basic prerequisites globally to pass a safety test by Global NCAP (New Car Assessment Programmer).

Britishers are racist.

Chineses make totally crap cars!!

There is no problem with Indian cars
:disagree: they have declared them failed because the entry level (cheapest) cars don't have air bags.

Its to do with different parameters.

None of them had airbags - one of the most basic prerequisites globally to pass a safety test by Global NCAP (New Car Assessment Programmer).

Britishers are racist.

There is no problem with Indian cars :disagree: they have declared them failed because the entry level (cheapest) cars don't have air bags.

But how can you earn a 0 of a 1-5 scoring? Is that what all 5 cars scored? Thats just mathematically impossible unless the 5 cars were actually bicycles with car logos on.

u get wat u pay for...simple as that...is there any european car in the same price segment with more safety features???
ans is no...
so...

Back
Top Bottom