What's new

India's permanent seat on the UNSC

in its current form, UNSC is nothing but just an useless institution..no point in pursing permanent seat there...better fight for its overall overhaul ....every nation should have say and every say should be counted on equal scale! .Let the majority take the decision and not selected few!

Even Indian formed 40000 strong free India troop to fight for japan against the British.

50,000 if you are speaking about the INA. Does not negate the 2 million who volunteered to fight for the BIA.

Personally, I believe we had no business fighting alongside the Brits. It was not our war.

But the facts or history cannot be argued.

And in the context of this thread, where Russians and Chinese members claim that the UNSC represents the victors of the last great war, both France and China put that lie out front and center.

Two defeated, invaded, and occupied countries. Dependent on others for their liberation.

Yet today they occupy seats on the UNSC alongside the US and Russia, and a Britain which clung on and "won" on Indian blood and treasure.

50,000 if you are speaking about the INA. Does not negate the 2 million who volunteered to fight for the BIA.

Personally, I believe we had no business fighting alongside the Brits. It was not our war.

But the facts or history cannot be argued.

And in the context of this thread, where Russians and Chinese members claim that the UNSC represents the victors of the last great war, both France and China put that lie out front and center.

Two defeated, invaded, and occupied countries. Dependent on others for their liberation.

Yet today they occupy seats on the UNSC alongside the US and Russia, and a Britain which clung on and "won" on Indian blood and treasure.

Japan didn't invade India, Indian fought for British empire to preserve British colony in Southeast Asia. Indian fought under the British banner which British already held their position in P5. Why would anyone accept the credit of India fought against the Fascist? P5 is the membership of nation fought against the fascist, not about the nations represent the people defeated the fascist.

Japan didn't invade India

No, Japan invaded, defeated, and occupied China. Do keep up with the debate.

defeated the fascist.

Yet you have two nations on the UNSC that were invaded, defeated, occupied and had to be eventually liberated by outsiders from the "fascists".

So where is your argument?

You might as well have Poland and Austria on the UNSC.

Yet you have two nations on the UNSC that were invaded, defeated, occupied and had to be eventually liberated by outsiders from the "fascists".

Japan invaded China but never defeated China, Japan sign the surrender declaration to China, how can Japan defeated China and surrender as the same time? That statement already stupidly contain the contradiction.

Japan invaded China but never defeated China, Japan sign the surrender declaration to China, how can Japan defeated China and surrender as the same time? That statement already stupidly contain the contradiction.

Let me go pad my head before I start banging it in frustration at your obtuseness.

Poland and Australia both liberated by the Russian and US, China fought against Japan till Japan signed the surrendering declaration to China.

Australia

Austria.

Dude, and other Chinese here like Genesis etc., please!

I do not want to start posting things here which the Japanese did to your countrymen and especially your women.

This thread is NOT about China. This thread is about why NOT India. Let's keep it there please.

I have the utmost respect and admiration for China, but some of you are just too set in your ways in terms of baiting and badmouthing we guys and our country, or just raking in those 50 cents a pop.

Desist. A sincere request!

Austria.

Dude, and other Chinese here like Genesis etc., please!

I do not want to start posting things here which the Japanese did to your countrymen and especially your women.

This thread is NOT about China. This thread is about why NOT India. Let's keep it there please.

I have the utmost respect and admiration for China, but some of you are just too set in your ways in terms of baiting and badmouthing we guys and our country, or just raking in those 50 cents a pop.

Desist. A sincere request!

I have no problem India gain the P5 member, it's not my call, in order for India to gain the membership India need to convince China to vote yes on the nomination. I believe China won't use the reason India not fought against fascis to vote no. There other reason China likely to vote no on the nomination.

I have no problem India gain the P5 member, it's not my call, in order for India to gain the membership India need to convince China to vote yes on the nomination. I believe China won't use the reason India not fought against fascis to vote no. There other reason China likely to vote no on the nomination.

Great. Now that we have successfully debunked the "victor" line of argument, let's move on with the thread and try and understand what it would take for India to make the table.

In fact, India's endeavour for permanent membership in UNSC began in 1955 when the then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru reportedly turned down the coveted status offered to India which was then grabbed by China. While the reason for Nehru's inadvertent gesture—which he repeatedly denied—still remains a mystery (there are those who believe that he trusted China a bit too much), it proved to be costlier for India.

That's another piece of Indian re-invented history. UNSC was made up by 5 major allied power of WW2. Since 1945, UNSC has NEVER offered permanent seat to any country.

Indian's ability to re-inventing history is astounding. UNSC was made up by 5 major allied power of WW2. In its history, never offered permanent seat to any country!!!!

China was an "Allied Power"

WOW!

That's 50 cents that could have been spent more fruitfully elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom