What's new

India's Newest Aircraft Carrier

Ziggy1977

Reaction score
Country
United States
it completed it's 1st 5 days shake down cruise.

it will likely be commissioned in 2022.

this is a big step forward for India.

and this ship wasn't created to counter Pakistan. but in response to China & the USA.

Personally against aircraft carriers. India doesn't historically project power and the need for aircraft carriers is quite limited.

and this ship wasn't created to counter Pakistan. but in response to China & the USA.

China possibly, USA no

Carriers are useless against USN, Submarines may have more luck

Why would we induct any weapons platform keeping the US in mind...every induction is solely towards pakistan n china

The US has playbooks (incl nuke plans) against everyone. It’s called responsible leadership.

It will get obliterated by USN and PLAN so I think they'll use this against Pakistan as well.

The nukes in 1970 were made to counter usa due to its support to pakistan.
The carriers are made for Pakistan and China. Unnecessary in my view but what do I know.

Well Pakistan could just sink it 😇

The US has playbooks (incl nuke plans) against everyone. It’s called responsible leadership.
They might...we're not in a position to induct our weapons systems anticipating US as an adversary

The nukes in 1970 were made to counter usa due to its support to pakistan.
The carriers are made for Pakistan and China. Unnecessary in my view but what do I know.
Not a whole lot about the Carrier from what I can tell. Are you aware that it is powered by four GE LM2500 gas turbines license produced from GE and assembled by HAL? Also you will have US Helicopters on board along with Russian Kamovs...

Not a whole lot about the Carrier from what I can tell. Are you aware that it is powered by four GE LM2500 gas turbines license produced from GE and assembled by HAL? Also you will have US Helicopters on board along with Russian Kamovs...

Read my post again slowly.
The carrier is not aimed against usa.
The peaceful nuke test in the 70s was for the Americans because they tried to intimidate India in 71 by sailing their nuclear 7th fleet into the bay of Bengal , along with the British.

Read my post again slowly.
The carrier is not aimed against usa.
The peaceful nuke test in the 70s was for the Americans because they tried to intimidate India in 71 by sailing their nuclear 7th fleet into the bay of Bengal , along with the British.
After reading your post real slow, this is what you wrote
" this ship wasn't created to counter Pakistan. but in response to China & the USA."
If that's not what you meant, then don't say it.
Yes what happened in 1971 was cold war politics. However you appear to trust the US enough to buy a pile of hardware from us from rifles to powerplants for you aircraft carrier don't you? Glad you finally decided to counter China... way overdue

Back
Top Bottom