What's new

India’s new foreign minister a strong fan of Israel

Our relations with them existed "under the carpet", many civilians don't know about.

From the 1967 war in Israel, India and Israel have secretly collaborated.

Even today, many think that our relation is only uptil a couple of missile or drone deals. But it is much bigger and only PMO, RAW, ISRO and other bodies know it.

Even we don't know.
yes, HAL/NAL/ADA has been sending their electronics engineers to Israel in 90's for work collaboration.

Why can't all we all just be friends?

Last edited:
:lol: ok prove it they were

Aegean Origins

Unexpectedly, the Philistines first appear in the Table of Nations in Genesis 10:13-14:"Mizraim [a son of Ham] begot Ludim, Anamim, Lehabim, Naphtuhim, Pathrusim, and Casluhim (from whom came the Philistines [Philistim, KJV] and Caphtorim)."1 Mizraim is the Hebrew word that is commonly translated as "Egypt," thus the Philistines are ethnically related to the Egyptians.

However, note that the Casluhim are divided into the Philistines and Caphtorim (in fact, the Philistines are frequently identified with Caphtor, the Hebrew name for at least the island of Crete and perhaps for the whole Aegean region; see Amos 9:7; Jeremiah 47:4). This indicates that their origins lie in the area of Crete, western Asia Minor, and the Aegean Sea, and modern archeology bears this out. For instance, Philistine pottery resembles that of the Minoan and Mycenaean (Homeric Greek) civilizations to the point that a material connection is beyond question. Other substantial links to the area include early Greek weapons, armor, dress, burial methods, military tactics, government, religion, etc.

How did these Aegean people end up settling in southwestern Canaan? The story is a long one, beginning in the days of Abraham. Being a restless, warlike, trading people, the Philistines frequently attempted to expand their influence, first through setting up trading colonies in distant lands and then by force of arms, if necessary. Genesis 21:34 records, "Abraham sojourned in the land of the Philistines many days," referring to the area around the town of Gerar, where Abimelech was king (Genesis 20). This means that by the early nineteenth century bc, at least a small colony of Philistines had already gained a foothold in the land of Canaan.

I suppose you could ask that, but at the end of the day, no answer is complete without saying that both hands are bloody and stained with murder.

Barbarism in the Islamic world, is condemned by the powers that be, predominantly, the US. Who until very recently, was a one man show.

With some exceptions as you said.

But I'm not here to consider the entire Islamic world vs Israel, I feel the rest of the Islamic world is irrelevant, the Saudis have good relations with Israel, as do the Jordanians and the Egyptians did too.

That's the point where I agree with you, BUT you have to ask WHY?
Quite frankly, if you look back, the forces Israel fought during the 50's, 60's were very different to the ones today.
To trace where the barbarism began you have to consider political events.

I suggest your read Robert Frisk's work on the Middle East.
This man, saw the rise of militants in the Islamic world during the 80's and 90's and in his work, SEVERAL times he claimed that this was happening and he warned the west that the resentment here is growing, the people here are becoming desperate and extremism is being welcomed rather than shunned.

He warned us all, and he was right! He was absolutely right.
His entire lifetime's work was vindicated and brought to the world stage on 9/11.

No, it's okay, like I said, I give up.
You win.

sorry off topic :but what' is wrong with my avatar?why did you gave me a negative rating ?

Oh the obsession, oh I mean love for Pakistan is killing us.....

1. Your relations with Israel are no secret and have been great since the first BJP government.
2. No one cares if your pope Modi visits. Well Nawaz might. He doesn't matter.

Then what is with the whole "you elected butcher modi so you must suffer' mentality spewed by many Pakistanis here? If it is indeed not bothering you, then why does your interior minister and general have to issue statements like this against a person who at that time was not even an official PM?

sorry off topic :but what' is wrong with my avatar?why did you gave me a negative rating ?

Ah wait, I have you confused with another user. Disregard my last.

And where did I give you a negative rating? I don't recall having gave anyone a negative rating in a long time.

Then what is with the whole "you elected butcher modi so you must suffer' mentality spewed by many Pakistanis here? If it is indeed not bothering you, then why does your interior minister and general have to issue statements like this against a person who at that time was not even an official PM?

A few things. Pakistanis who make threads like that have firstly too much time on their hands and should be focussing that time on their own country. I've said that on such threads. What happens in India is the business of Indian's people. But you do have to admit that if we had someone in the same predicament that Modi found himself in during the riots and then was elected, there would be an uproar amongst Indian posters. However the supreme court found him innocent and that's that. They did jail numerous people who were involved in the riots.

The interior minister is an idiot so the less said of him the better. There have also been Indian politicians who have called for Modi to take on Pakistan and do this and that. Idiocy is quite prevalent amongst the politicians of the sub-continent.

I'm with you on the issue he should be given times and I have liked your posts about him trying to improve things and driving growth across our mutual countries.

Oh the obsession, oh I mean love for Pakistan is killing us.....

1. Your relations with Israel are no secret and have been great since the first BJP government.
We need to make our relations with Israel even more broad based.
Right now we are at initial stages of Israel helping us in other sectors.

Israel has been helping out quite a lot in our dairy sector. Their hybrid varieties and livestock management practices are being adopted in India. A big bull farm has also been established in Gujarat for research by Israel. This is helping us, however it is still only percolated to Gujarat and in Gujarat the more aware and prosperous farmers. It needs to be widened exponentially to cover all of North India (since milk production is mostly in North) and then all of India.

Secondly, their help in agriculture is at preliminary phases. Some initial work has been done but few farmers have access to it. Israeli's are the worlds leaders in scarce water agriculture and management.

Thirdly, cooperation with Israeli technical universities.
Modi has said his aim is to have an AIIMS(the best research and medical facility in entire South Asia) in each State of India.
IIT and IIM in each State of India.

This means a massive push is going to be undertaken the likes of which has never happened since Independence.

Israeli help in both dairy and agri sectors is based in Gujarat. Since it was Modi/Gujarat who understood that Israel is like Gujarat - water scarce, desert climate in a large area, etc and that they can use Israel to grow faster. They pushed it.

Hopefully now Modi is at the Center, this will get the push it deserves at the National level. India can at minimum double our productivity across the board within 10 years, if we are able to take this to a pan-India level.

Last edited:
We need to make our relations with Israel even more broad based.
Right now we are at initial stages of Israel helping us in other sectors.

Israel has been helping out quite a lot in our dairy sector. Their hybrid varieties and livestock management practices are being adopted in India. A big bull farm has also been established in Gujarat for research by Israel. This is helping us, however it is still only percolated to Gujarat and in Gujarat the more aware and prosperous farmers. It needs to be widened exponentially to cover all of North India (since milk production is mostly in North) and then all of India.

Secondly, their help in agriculture is at preliminary phases. Some initial work has been done but few farmers have access to it. Israeli's are the worlds leaders in scarce water agriculture and management.

Thirdly, cooperation with Israeli technical universities.
Modi has said his aim is to have an AIIMS(the best research and medical facility in entire South Asia) in each State of India.
IIT and IIM in each State of India.

This means a massive push is going to be undertaken the likes of which has never happened since Independence.

Israeli help in both dairy and agri sectors is based in Gujarat. Since it was Modi/Gujarat who understood that Israel is like Gujarat - water scarce, desert climate in a large area, etc and that they can use Israel to grow faster. They pushed it.

Hopefully now Modi is at the Center, this will get the push it deserves at the National level. India can at minimum double our productivity across the board within 10 years, if we are able to take this to a pan-India level.

Thanks for the informative post. I didn't know much of the above.

Israelis have helped a lot in Agriculture/Horticulture and Dairy in Punjab.

Back
Top Bottom