What's new

India's military might on show this Republic Day

I was thinking Of Buying a Tractor, But If He is So Interested I Would make Him One.... Spark, What say Son??

To be honest.. i have in fact rode tractor many a times .. I think i have told u before... anyway i should politely refuse the offer for the time being.. though its my dream to own a farm again.. this time on the foothills of the western ghats...:smitten:

To be honest.. i have in fact rode tractor many a times .. I think i have told u before... anyway i should politely refuse the offer for the time being.. though its my dream to own a farm again.. this time on the foothills of the western ghats...:smitten:

Seriously, U can Have Your Next vacation with me, If U want.... I will Introduce My Comrades to You...

I don't believe Republic Day parade is a show of strength or anything, it's just celebration probably a festival for Armed forces and kids (I remember how excited I used to be when I was a kid ) :partay:

Seriously, U can Have Your Next vacation with me, If U want.... I will Introduce My Comrades to You...

Anyway i will be on vacation in march... i am planning a drive from TRivandrum to munnar and then to Wayanad.. Just waiting for my other half to join me from abroad.. Already checked in a few resorts.. so plans are on.. anyway highly appreciate ur offer sir..

These are the ones i am particularly looking for in munnar

Windy Hills

Deshadan Group of Resorts | Munnar | Varkala | Chettinadu | Maldives | Srilanka | Lakshadeep

Misty Mountain Resort, Munnar

India's military might is for show and bluster only.With significant amount is being diverted from defence budget for republic day parade,do we really need this pomp show?

Is the Republic Day parade still relevant?

Do we need annual Republic Day parade?

No Indian soldier puts his life in peril thinking of the money that he will earn for his family. Money is important as is dignity. However, may be you might not know that with our average soldier what comes above most things is pride. Republic day celebrations are a statement of the faith that we put in our union, the faith that we put in our soldiers. The nation respects their sacrifices. Their families are honored. Have you see a father walk up to the ramp to accept his son's medal of honour? Have you ever seen an old man walk more proudly? Contrary to what you seemingly think, everything is not about money. Though you have a right to your opinion ( I am sure quite well founded based on your own thinking, experiences and motivations).

However, we would rather feel a little proud sometimes and we can surely afford that thriftiness. Surely you have not been to a Republic Day Barakhana in the unit. I went several times with my father. Also our own small parade in the school used to be fantastic. What a culmination of a month of marching practice. We even had trophies for best marching contingents. We would practice all night. No we were not getting any money for acheiving the trophy, just some pride and bragging rights for the whole year.

And hey, even if it is thriftiness, looking at the parade TRP's, clearly the taxpayers do not mind.

However, as I mentioned, you surely have a right to decide about the precedences of money and a little stupid pride in your existence.

No offence was meant. Just my opinion about my republic.

Anyway i will be on vacation in march... i am planning a drive from TRivandrum to munnar and then to Wayanad.. Just waiting for my other half to join me from abroad.. Already checked in a few resorts.. so plans are on.. anyway highly appreciate ur offer sir..

These are the ones i am particularly looking for in munnar

Windy Hills

Deshadan Group of Resorts | Munnar | Varkala | Chettinadu | Maldives | Srilanka | Lakshadeep

Misty Mountain Resort, Munnar

Well, Take My Advise, Go to Vythiri Resorts, its affordable and the Most Beautiful resort In Kerala... And Who is that Other half You were talking about??

Well, Take My Advise, Go to Vythiri Resorts, its affordable and the Most Beautiful resort In Kerala... And Who is that Other half You were talking about??

The ones i gave u are the ones in munnar..

The other half.. is the one who will be with me during my whole life time sharing the joys and pains of the journey of life.. U forgot.that I'm a married man.:D

The ones i gave u are the ones in munnar..

The other half.. is the one who will be with me during my whole life time sharing the joys and pains of the journey of life.. U forgot.that I'm a married man.:D

Oh Well, Vytri is in Waynadu, I never Knew You were married, I always thought You were about to marry?? even though late, but a happy Married Life....

Republic day is one of the proudest traditions of our nation . A commemoration of our democracy , an opportunity to recognize the gallantry of our soldiers and a reaffirmation of the faith of our citizens in the capability of our forces . As unusual as it maybe , the aim of celebrating republic day with a military parade - is to inculcate a sense of nationalism and a sense of pride in our nation , our culture and our military prowess .

Any objections about excessive spending , unnecessary displays of military muscle etc etc should not arise , considering what these celebrations stand for .

Several politicians have raised these points , some of the the Congress leaders decided to cut - short the celebrations in 2005 , but several opposition leaders made valid points explaining the significance of the R-Day.

Govt, Oppn against toning down R-day celebrations

India's military might is for show and bluster only.With significant amount is being diverted from defence budget for republic day parade,do we really need this pomp show?

Is the Republic Day parade still relevant?

Do we need annual Republic Day parade?

The R day parade is not a show.
It reaffirms the citizen of India that they are safe and can contribute to the development of nation without fear of any hostile nation.

It also remind people like you that its better to bash India on internet
but DONT DARE TO COME TO FIELD
:bunny:

I have watched all the R-Day and I-Day military parades and impeccable marchpast by our Jawans for the last 16 years (or 15) without fail and it gives me goosebumps everytime without fail.

Any Govt deciding on cutting this, looses my vote. Simple.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom