What's new

India's Mars mission sparks another UK aid row

If Goering had kept up the pressure on RAF instead of bombing London, they would have collapsed...then Operation Sea Lion..Capture of UK...Loss of morale in British Colonies & troops...African Core crushing British in Cairo..Controlling Suez Canal...access to Persian Oil to run the German war machine.....Japanese will crush the British/Indian resistance and advance to India.

Probably then Americans would have jumped in earlier with their Little and Fat boys…

Try not use too many exclamation unless deserved and full stops seemed inappropriate

Wow, we have a drink for your brother... (oops I did it again)... called lassi... will keep you chilled... sometimes negativity is like a black hole... sucks in all the goodness we are born with.... I am sorry, but I might be not as educated as you in grammar... atleast I am blessed with a better mindset :) Please continue your rant of hatredness, it brings humor to me

Wow, we have a drink for your brother... (oops I did it again)... called lassi... will keep you chilled... sometimes negativity is like a black hole... sucks in all the goodness we are born with.... I am sorry, but I might be not as educated as you in grammar... atleast I am blessed with a better mindset :) Please continue your rant of hatredness, it brings humor to me

no need to be sorry dude...if u ve not noticed...he is just bagladeshi..u can ignore him..

It would have been over before 1945.

hmmm...

guess, WW3 would be totally different...if u see, except China and few not worth to mention countries are at one side and rest all at the other side...so, the war will get over in a week or two…guess, we need to ve a dedicated thread for that...

Brits are a nation of whiners. They don't reserve such sanctimonious BS for India only. While being a lapdog of America everywhere, they blame USA. They don't like the French. They don't like the Germans. They don't like the Chinese.

They once were the world's premier superpower. The biggest Empire - ever. Now they have been reduced to cleaning the latrines of American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. Well, too bad.

hi everyone this is first post here , I read some very valid arguments and some foolish comments in this thread. I would like to make some points about this whole aid debate. I don't agree with most points mentioned here.

To UK Nationals

1: It was very wrong to expect economic benefit in return for aid. The whole aid debate started when the fighter deal went to France. I believe that when you give some one aid you should look at the people who are benefiting from you help and not at benefits you will get in return. I am sure this issue will never be in public domain if the deal was in your favor.

2: secondly in many debates I watched in TV, I have seen most of the people from your country afraid that their money is wasted due to corruption in India. I am sure that your govt is doing everything to ensure that funds are reaching the intended people and not hand of corrupt Indian officials.

3: another point which I like to make is that no govt can concentrate on poverty alone. Govts to perform multiple function. you cannot say lets remove poverty completely from India then try to educate every Indians, then try to remove corruptions, Then try to build Roads, then try to generate power, then try to go to mars. I would like to say to our UK friends that our government has given more importance to poverty then mars program. All the people from south Indian states ( I don't know about north India) gets food grains for 1rs ( 1kg = 1Rs ( 1 rs = 53$)).. poverty is our major concern and we have given more importance to it then space race.

4: we also give aid to many poor nations, in fact we give more then we receive . Aids should be given on humanitarian grounds. and you cannot say that lets remove all the poverty from our country and then help other nations. it does not work like that. we will not be able to remove the poverty from the amount we give to other countries as aid. Removing poverty is a long process, just by flooding money into hands of people will not remove poverty. in fact this will increase inflation as a result more poverty. removing poverty is a long process and we are trying our best.

5: space program.. I heard many UK nationals saying if India can afford space program they can look after their people. this wrong way to see any space program. why do countries ( including UK) invest in space program? it is because they see economic future in those expenditure. nobody want to spend huge amount just a land few people in moon anymore. we do benefit economically from space program when we launch other nations satellite using our rockets. this is an investment for future of Indian people.

6: do not forget the 10 billion dollar we gave to EU bail out fund. why did we do that, we could have used this fund to provide work to our citizen. we did this because world is getting smaller and we need each other to survive. an economic slow down in EU will effect us , the same way if our stock market crash it will effect you country too, we have to remove poverty and unemployment from the whole world not just from our nations.

7: giving aid is such a noble this, we thank you for that... please do not start such arguments and devalue the great noble work your country is doing ..

To Indians

1: Grow up. I am an Indian too, just because we are growing at a fast rate does not mean we dont need others.

2: It is very wrong to call any aid we receive peanuts. how dare we..... we should accept aid with both hands... may be people like you and me who can afford laptops and internet do not need aid. but there are people in India who has not had dinner today because they cannot afford it

3: forget the past, do not think that in future India will be great and we will not need anyone else. I know Britishers has taken so much to us, they have looted us, taken our wealth.. but ((( removed as I cannot defend this point i stated ))))))). Let us learn to forgive and forget our past and work for better future.

Guys grow up.. giving aid to poor is noble act.................. do not forget that

Probably then Americans would have jumped in earlier with their Little and Fat boys…

They were not ready.

hi everyone this is first post here , I read some very valid arguments and some foolish comments in this thread. I would like to make some points about this whole aid debate. I don't agree with most points mentioned here.

To UK Nationals

1: It was very wrong to expect economic benefit in return for aid. The whole aid debate started when the fighter deal went to France. I am believe that when you give some one aid you should look at the people who are benefiting from you help and not at benefits you will get in return. I am sure this issue will never be in public domain if the deal was in your favor.

2: secondly in many debates I watched in TV, I have seen most of the people from your country afraid that their money is wasted due to corruption in India. I am sure that your govt is doing everything to ensure that funds are reaching the intended people and not hand of corrupt Indian officials.

3: another point which I like to make is that no govt can concentrate on poverty alone. Govts to perform multiple function. you cannot say lets remove poverty completely from India then try to educate every Indians, then try to remove corruptions, Then try to build Roads, then try to generate power, then try to go to mars. I would like to say to our UK friends that our government has given more importance to poverty then mars program. All the people from south Indian states ( I don't know about north India) gets food grains for 1rs ( 1kg = 1Rs ( 1 rs = 53$)).. poverty is our major concern and we have given more importance to it then space race.

4: we also give aid to many poor nations, in fact we give more then we receive . Aids should be given on humanitarian grounds. and you cannot say that lets remove all the poverty from our country and then help other nations. it does not work like that. we will not be able to remove the poverty from the amount we give to other countries as aid. Removing poverty is a long process, just by flooding money into hands of people will not remove poverty. in fact this will increase inflation as a result more poverty. removing poverty is a long process and we are trying our best.

5: space program.. I heard many UK nationals saying if India can afford space program they can look after their people. this wrong was to see our space program. why do countries ( including UK) invest in space program? it is because they see economic future in those expenditure. nobody want to spend huge amount just a land few people in moon anymore. we do benefit economically from space program when we launch other nations satellite using our rockets. this is an investment for future of Indian people.

6: do not forget the 10 billion dollar we gave to EU bail out fund. why did we do that, we could have used this fund to provide work to our citizen. we did this because world is getting smaller and we need each other to survive. an economic slow down in EU will effect us , the same way if our stock market crash it will effect you country too, we have to remove poverty and unemployment from the whole world not just from our nations.

7: giving aid is such a noble this, we thank you for that... please do not start such arguments and devalue the great noble work your country is doing ..

To Indians

1: Grow up. I am an Indian too, just because we are growing at a fast rate does not mean we dont need others.

2: It is very wrong to call any aid we receive peanuts. how dare we..... we should accept aid with both hands... may be people like you and me who can afford laptops and internet do not need aid. but there are people in India who has not had dinner today because they cannot afford it

3: forget the past, do not think that in future India will be great and we will not need anyone else. I know Britishers has taken so much to us, they have looted us, taken our wealth.. but we need to know they have also give us something. they introduced us to democracy, they gave us railway, they gave us our first army, they introduced our product to western world.
I agree they might have taken more then what they gave us. but it does not mean we have to go for revenge. our future lies together. Let us learn to forgive and forget our past and work for better future.

Guys grow up.. giving aid to poor is noble act.................. do not forget that

Your heart's in the right place - but get your facts straight.

1. India does not need aid. India needs FDI in various sectors. Aid has never helped get any country out of poverty. It does tend to employ expats with high salaries though.

2. Aid is almost never given on "humanitarian grounds" - there are always political strings attached.

3. Brits gave us jack$hit. First Army? WTF! India's share in the finished goods market fell from some 30 odd percent to 0 during British times. And you know the rate of economic growth of the Indian subcontinent during the British rule? 0.01% ! For 200 years!

4. Famines: Before the Brits, India had 1 famine every 100 years. During British time 1 every 4 years. Most man-made including the one in Bengal which was nothing short of a genocide coinciding with the Nazi genocide in Europe. And since the Brits were thrown out? 0! Severe droughts - yes but no famines!

You are wrong. If you did a bit of research you will find UK develops the best tech militarily and commercially.

Whilst US and EU has been suffering massive economic upheaval UK whilst has been rocked by the economic downturn has coped a lot better.

Whilst she no longer has an empire she continues to have global reach that other than US no other country has. Britain has transformed from a colonial superpower to a soft power, but it would be wrong to conclude that shift is a sign of weakness. Look below the surface and it remains a global player or extraordinary prowess with deep pocket backed up by state of the art military.

They were not ready.

Your heart's in the right place - but get your facts straight.

1. India does not need aid. India needs FDI in various sectors. Aid has never helped get any country out of poverty. It does tend to employ expats with high salaries though.

2. Aid is almost never given on "humanitarian grounds" - there are always political strings attached.

3. Brits gave us jack$hit. First Army? WTF!

hai

1: India does not need aid - I disagree... India need aid .. well let me re·phrase Some Indians Need Aid
2: Aid is almost never given on "humanitarian grounds" - may be not, but y discourage someone from give aid
3: Brits gave us jack$hit. First Army? WTF! -------- sorry. nothing to say

hai

1: India does not need aid - I disagree... India need aid .. well let me re·phrase Some Indians Need Aid
2: Aid is almost never given on "humanitarian grounds" - may be not, but y discourage someone from give aid
3: Brits gave us jack$hit. First Army? WTF! -------- sorry. nothing to say

Not some - a lot of Indians need access to sanitation, education and thus employment. This can't happen through aid, it can happen through private-public investment. Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

Not some - a lot of Indians need access to sanitation, education and thus employment. This can't happen through aid, it can happen through private-public investment. Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

This is a solution....look at Kerala....our intiatives have proven succesful.....from airport to a possible airplane carrier to and from the Gulf.....strict accounting practices and corruption proof mechanisms in place can make this a reality. Our ppl can really take part in our success. It allows even the Chaiwallah, Rickshawllah, etc to take part....

Its funny.... India said we dont want AID.... Yet brits keep bragging about AID.... The picture coming in my mind is Brits holding AID in one hand and other hand hold india's hand and saying we dont want to give u AID (while inside heart they wishing india to take AID).... Same time india saying 'bug off Bl00dy Brit.... We dont need your peanut size AID'.... i think Brits are worried what if they Stop the AID.... They think it would anger india but honestly the Brits AID is micro germ size compared to what they looted from india.... Bl00dy queen elizabeth still showcase our Crowns and jwels that they stole from india.... Get a life Brits. i loved our president first speech in which he made fun of Bl00dy brits.... Tiny midget nation brit should be teached a lession.... But india too big for it. Tiny nation can do it....

I cant believe you are persisting with these hindutva idiots but seriously carry on. I havent seen a thread so funny for a long time..... And yeah let's ring up British museum cause it's a outrage!!!!
ask your nationals to stop polevaulting to India

You are wrong. If you did a bit of research you will find UK develops the best tech militarily and commercially.
Like what?ICBM given by US?

Back
Top Bottom