What's new

India’s manned space mission, not in near future … or never?

:lol:They did

...that ISRO has already tested a prototype for crew module :lol:

I know that. First in 2007 with a 500 kg module, and then in 2014 with a suborbital test.

The reason I posted this article is I was very surprised to know that your astronauts selection facility has not even started, but the whole world has been informed that you were going to launch your manned flight in 2015-2020. Is this kind delay normal in India, so you guys are used to it and become so defensive of ISRO? Or you think the government organizations should be more accountable for what they announced?

It was never announced by any Chinese organizations.

They had a plan and they worked on it, that is all. So we are talking about the different things here. Remember, we are discussing "big mouth", not about "big plan"?

I know that. First in 2007 with a 500 kg module, and then in 2014 with a suborbital test.

The one in 2007 was to demonstrate re entry technology & to conduct some zero gravity experiments
2014 one is the actual prototype

The reason I posted this article is I was very surprised to know that your astronauts selection facility has not even started

That's because the plan outlay has not received final clearence

It was never announced by any Chinese organizations.

Said who ? Re read that article.

The one in 2007 was to demonstrate re entry technology & to conduct some zero gravity experiments

It was indeed an achievement. Can we discuss the original article now?

I know the article is pretty negative about eh progress of India's manned space flight, do you have different source showing otherwise?

That's because the plan outlay has not received final clearence

Said who ? Re read that article.

It doesn't matter how many times I read it, the fact remains: Chinese government had never big mouth of it.

They had a plan and they worked on it, that is all. So we are talking about the different things here.

Different ? Yes-your comrades were chasing an realizable dream in the seventies,while we are doing a more realistic one.

I know the article is pretty negative about eh progress of India's manned space flight, do you have different source showing otherwise?

Read the one I posted

It doesn't matter how many times I read it, the fact remains: Chinese government had never big mouth of it.

They did the same,they made it public.

Do you understand the concept of NEWS!..How news is reported (Propaganda is not included).
Next...Do you know how you get funding through the Gov for project (Hint..RPF/RFI..etc)
Next...Do you know if the central Gov has to sanction the funding they need to pass it through the Rajya sabha/Lok sabha...

This information gets leaked and comes out as News..( The Hindu, The Guardian, Indian Express repots them).In China you dont have to deal with this..Hope you can now use your common sense and understand how this works....( Hint in a democracy being secrective does not work, unless it is related to national security).

And how did you know that it was in early stages of development ? :lol:

That 'ebook' was published by ISRO itself.Now stop ranting here

Any disagreement is a rant? I know that eBook was published by ISRO, so what. No other news agencies has picked up the story. As you said Indian agencies does have to be transparent, a project that would propel India to the elite of the space club would be picked up.

Since this project was published in an eBook, obviously it's no secret, why would it not be well known.

When I type long march 9, there's tons of info, as does the Russian and American rockets of the same class.

Another thing, even your ULV rocket doesn't have a date( or if it does I missed it, let me know), how far advanced do you think you are on this HLV.

CZ-5 which will launch next year is 40% bigger than UML and that still leaves the launch date of CZ-9 in the 2025s.

If you feel like discussing, please, if not....

Do you understand the concept of NEWS!..How news is reported (Propaganda is not included).
Next...Do you know how you get funding through the Gov for project (Hint..RPF/RFI..etc)
Next...Do you know if the central Gov has to sanction the funding they need to pass it through the Rajya sabha/Lok sabha...

This information gets leaked and comes out as News..( The Hindu, The Guardian, Indian Express repots them).In China you dont have to deal with this..Hope you can now use your common sense and understand how this works....( Hint in a democracy being secrective does not work, unless it is related to national security).
Sure it happens in China, just because you don't keep up on Chinese news doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Delays are criticized all the time, the most critical of our engine program has been China itself.

C919, our CZ-5, moon mission rover,etc, all these delays and failures came out in Chinese media.

You can see so many news on China, why do you think there are news if nothing gets out.

China may not be overly transparent, but it's not the black hole, some people make it out to be.

You don't have to be knowledgable on the matter, but if you are to discuss it, it doesn't hurt to know something about it.

Any disagreement is a rant? I know that eBook was published by ISRO, so what. No other news agencies has picked up the story. As you said Indian agencies does have to be transparent, a project that would propel India to the elite of the space club would be picked up.

Since this project was published in an eBook, obviously it's no secret, why would it not be well known.

When I type long march 9, there's tons of info, as does the Russian and American rockets of the same class.

Another thing, even your ULV rocket doesn't have a date( or if it does I missed it, let me know), how far advanced do you think you are on this HLV.

CZ-5 which will launch next year is 40% bigger than UML and that still leaves the launch date of CZ-9 in the 2025s.

If you feel like discussing, please, if not....

Sure it happens in China, just because you don't keep up on Chinese news doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Delays are criticized all the time, the most critical of our engine program has been China itself.

C919, our CZ-5, moon mission rover,etc, all these delays and failures came out in Chinese media.

You can see so many news on China, why do you think there are news if nothing gets out.

China may not be overly transparent, but it's not the black hole, some people make it out to be.

You don't have to be knowledgable on the matter, but if you are to discuss it, it doesn't hurt to know something about it.

I agree(The bolded part).....I was trying to compare the process to get grants for ISRO..which in turn gets reported by the news agencies...whereas China has a totally different process for getting the grants..and gets reported only after the implementation of the initiate and made public by the Chinese gov...dont you think so!

I agree(The bolded part).....I was trying to compare the process to get grants for ISRO..which in turn gets reported by the news agencies...whereas China has a totally different process for getting the grants..and gets reported only after the implementation of the initiate and made public by the Chinese gov...dont you think so!

The way it works is different yes. In China, it's more top down, in India I would say it's bottom up.

This is actually less sinister than it sounds. For example, how does Indians get their ideas? There's poor people in their constituent, the MP would obviously like them to be better so he/she goes to the capital and talk to the government.

In China, Xi Jinping gets reports there are poor people, he sets the task of making sure the remaining 70 million gets out of poverty.

Both does the same thing, but China would be more effective because willingly or not, the people under him must comply. In India the problem is more likely to be brought to the surface due to the fact the problems surface from the bottom, but it loses something, due to the political standing of different politicians and the sway each state holds. In the US consider Ohio.

This is a over simplified way of discussing it, but both have their weaknesses and strength. ISRO gets funding due to its successes, CNSA gets funding because Xi wants it to play a huge role in China's future.

So while it is true, Chinese stories may break out a bit later, but they must all eventually come out, and the interesting thing is that the timeline set when it is approved or proposed faces the same technical problems in India and China. Thus the timing of the news matters less than the proposed date.

You must also consider English is huge in India, but in China, almost no one bothers to have an English copy, and they certainly won't have JUST an English copy.

Its not a di** measuring contest- China is 4 + times bigger economy. They are unofficially spending 10 bill$ on space program. ISRO, India gets meager 1.2 bill$ in 2015.
ISRO have the capacity to put a man in space. Technically speaking, Russia & US sent the man on space with underpowered rocket than PSLV.
India doesnt need to waste 2 bill$ on manned space mission while it lacks 100+ transponders for communication network.

IF we look carefully then Chinese manned spacecraft Long March 2F doesnt even use liquid fuel crogenic engine.
Long march 2F have 4 hypergolic engine in 1st stage while 1 hypergoic engine in 2nd stage.
India can use also Hypergolic vikas engine to achieve 8000 kg LEO lift off.

Compare the mass of PSLV XL with Long march 2F. Long march 2F is 50% heavier. Isro can make human-rated two-stage version from PSLV in 2-3 yrs if govt approve the funding.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom