What's new

India’s manned space mission, not in near future … or never?

To be more accurate, EADS Astrium is the main contractor, manager and launcher. iSRO is responsible for a small out sourced portion of building the two satellites. Hardly qualified as saying India is selling any of their satellite.

So since journos are not informed such a project do not exist ? I have never seen anyone relying more on some news agency than an official source,an article written by none other Deputy Director of Cryogenic Propulsion in ISRO's Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre,who is also the chief designer of ISRO's CE 20 engine.

Mr. Kiran Kumar told The Hindu, “[The MoU] is the initial process, a lot of discussions must be held before it takes a concrete shape. We would work on future systems of common interest. We have identified several areas and established working groups to go through them. We have to see how it develops.”

The ISRO is working on its new-generation, Rs. 1,800-crore third rocket programme, called the semi-cryogenic launch vehicle, to beef up its current portfolio of the PSLV and the GSLV. It will use space-grade kerosene and liquid oxygen as fuel and is meant to pitch spacecraft totally weighing six to ten tonnes to heights of 36,000 km. This would be double the lifting power of the GSLV and triple that of the PSLV. Only the U.S. and Russia have this technology.

Mr. Kiran Kumar said: “We are looking at using Russian testing facilities for the semi-cryogenic engine. We will be ready with the engine [SCE-200] in six to eight months. Although we will have our own test facility at Mahendragiri, ours will take some time to come up.”

Russian tie-up to boost ISRO’s semicryogenic launcher plan - The Hindu

ISRO plans launch schedules only two years in advance.Even according to the most pessimistic estimates,you'll see an ULV launch before 2020,for sure since it is a modification of the existing LVM 3 design with the semi cryogenic stage ( SC 160 ) replacing the existing hypergolic fueled one (L-110).About the semi cryogenic engine...

Published : July 11, 2015
Mr. Kiran Kumar said: “We are looking at using Russian testing facilities for the semi-cryogenic engine. We will be ready with the engine [SCE-200] in six to eight months. Although we will have our own test facility at Mahendragiri, ours will take some time to come up.”

The HLV would use the same engines as you as ULV.

ISRO is designing heavy-lift launch vehicles with capabilities in the range of 6–10 tonnes in GTO. For this purpose, the following propulsion systems are being pursued:

1. A 200 tonne propellant loading LOX and kerosene booster stage powered by a 2,000 kN
thrust semi-cryogenic engine operating on stage combustion cycle.
2. A 50 tonne LOX-LH2 propellant loading cryogenic stage powered by twin CE 20 cryogenic
engines.
3. A 10 tonne LOX-LH2 propellant loading cryogenic stage powered by a CE 20 cryogenic
engine.

This is not a measuring contest.

Any more dumb comments ?
To be more accurate, "your" semi cryogenic is designed by Ukraine and the parts fabricated in India. Ukraine has full rights. You cannot change the design without their approval.

To be more accurate, EADS Astrium is the main contractor, manager and launcher. iSRO is responsible for a small out sourced portion of building the two satellites. Hardly qualified as saying India is selling any of their satellite.

To be more accurate,it is built jointly by ISRO and EADS according to the existing agreement and was integrated by Antrix on an ISRO platform.

To be more accurate, "your" semi cryogenic is designed by Ukraine and the parts fabricated in India. Ukraine has full rights. You cannot change the design without their approval.

To be more accurate,India is taking Ukrainian consultancy and ToT particularly in terms of metallurgy etc.It is essentially an Indian engine

Indian members

@gslv mk3 @rational @Dragon4 @Guynextdoor2 @GR!FF!N
@Echo_419

@Dungeness concerns has to taken with seriousness, like any other pdf Chinese they have amazing precognitive abilities and foresight, even though he has racially abused Pakistanis here. ;)

Here is a fellow Chinese pdf member from 2009 predicting Indian mars mission failure

Mars mission by 2013-2015, says ISRO

In 2009, ISRO as always made big mouth announcement for Mars for mission in 2013-2015

The esteemed pdf Chinese member shchinese called out this bluff, with his gifted hyper intelligence analytical skills

the biggest difference between Chinese and Indians is the fact that we Chinese never say such crap like "Mars mission by 2013-2015".

such "big mouth" claims like "Mars mission by 2013-2015" is damaging your reputation and people start to question whether you guys are honest or not.

As predicted Indian Mars mission failed :cry: and to add insult to injury Chinese Mars mission succeeded in 2015.

So from now on, please take PDF Chinese "Big mouth" predictions and concerns seriously as they always come true. :D

PS : Congrats on your successful Mars mission China :china:

Last edited:
You sounded like a 5 yo. This is an international forum, people come here to talk about anything INTERNATIONAL. You are pissed because I am right about ISRO's track record: Over-Promising and Under-Delivering.

Such a quality reply from an Elite Indian Member! :P

As someone from the "biggest democracy in the world", why don't you tell us how your 11th 5-year plan turned out? Am I right about ISRO's big-month?

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Indian members

@Dungeness concerns has to taken with seriousness, like any other pdf Chinese they have amazing precognitive abilities and foresight, even though he has racially abused Pakistanis here. ;)

Here is a fellow Chinese pdf member from 2009 predicting Indian mars mission failure

In 2009, ISRO as always made big mouth announcement for Mars for mission in 2013-2015

The esteemed pdf Chinese member shchinese called out this bluff, with his gifted hyper intelligence analytical skills

As predicted Indian Mars mission failed :cry: and to add insult to injury Chinese Mars mission succeeded in 2015.

So from now on, please take PDF Chinese "Big mouth" predictions and concerns seriously as they always come true. :D

that was epic sirji you made my day :lol:

Butt hurt level: 99999999 :help:

So Chinese are lecturing the world about copy paste? wtf?:omghaha:

Chinese "Copy and Paste" this Fighter:

upload_2015-12-5_0-57-27.png

Indian copy and paste this Fighter:

upload_2015-12-5_0-58-8.png

We both did a good job! :partay: :cheers:

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Another Indian Elite? No wonder you are where you are today! :cheesy:

What a wonderful logic?

The cryogenic engine's IPR is hold by the Ukraine, given to India, and now India testing this in Russia? :rofl:

Further, Ukraine doing open violation of MTCR & NPT.
Are you living on Mars?

What a wonderful logic?

The cryogenic engine's IPR is hold by the Ukraine, given to India, and now India testing this in Russia? :rofl:

Further, Ukraine doing open violation of MTCR & NPT.
Are you living on Mars?
30 year of engine development & still relying on Russians ,WS 10 has more alphabets than in my name

Indian members

@Echo_419

I really wish you could given us a few more examples than Mars mission which has been cited by every single Indian members here again, again, and again. I don't even remember how many times I have congratulated our Indian friends here.

Come on, India is a big country with 1.3 billion people, and ISRO with 15K employees, you must have some more on-time success stories to share with us.

I really wish you could given us a few more examples than Mars mission which has been cited by every single Indian members here again, again, and again. I don't even remember how many times I have congratulated our Indian friends here.

Come on, India is a big country with 1.3 billion people, and ISRO with 15K employees, you must have some more on-time success stories to share with us.
Successes ISRO has several.

But instances of pdf Chinese predicting failure of ISRO and opposite happening will require digging old threads.

and I am not a cyber scavenger, you will have to employ @Vedicity for this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom