What's new

India's Long-Range Cruise Missile Test In August, Says DRDO

range of brahmos is 290 km.and Brahmos on Sukhoi and a missile with 1000km range is not a same thing.
290 is for surface launched missile. Air launched is supposed to have greater range. 600 is what I read on some forum. Difference is speed. BTW I am not against of having it. Point of discussion was how it is great achievement over A5. Still I preffer supersonic and hypersonic missile.

There was news of testing K series in the media. But not too much details. K series is kept too much shoo shoo

now that we have got Nerpa..we should religiously follow our SLBM program..there were news some time back that DRDO developing new Agni-6 missile capable of launching from both ground and submarine with a range of over 6000 km.

Hope DRDO would annonce the maden test sometime in near future..

now that we have got Nerpa..we should religiously follow our SLBM program..there were news some time back that DRDO developing new Agni-6 missile capable of launching from both ground and submarine with a range of over 6000 km.

Hope DRDO would annonce the maden test sometime in near future..
I don't think Nerpa can fire our missiles. It uses Klub class missiles. We test K series from underwater platform as we don't have any sub capable of firing it. May be INS arihant after induction can be used to test our k series

290 is for surface launched missile. Air launched is supposed to have greater range. 600 is what I read on some forum. Difference is speed. BTW I am not against of having it. Point of discussion was how it is great achievement over A5. Still I preffer supersonic and hypersonic missile.

nope..If India increase range of BRAHMOS more than 300km,they'll break MTCR rules.Hypersonic and Supersonic missile is great,because they can't be intercepted due to their spped..but they lacks range.that is a big problem and thats why almost all the long range missiles are subsonic.but dont think subsonic missiles are inferior..they are still pain in the *** because of their terrain hugging capability,they are almost undetectable.

I don't think Nerpa can fire our missiles. It uses Klub class missiles. We test K series from underwater platform as we don't have any sub capable of firing it. May be INS arihant after induction can be used to test our k series

but some sources said that Nerpa can fire Long Range Cruise missiles.though i doubt that Russia will give missiles to India.sounded like a hush hush deal.

India lacks a long range cruise missile.it'll give india a potent platform with loitering capability and a significantly increased payload..
1000 km is not that long range. US, Russia and even Israel has cruise missiles with ranges upto 3000 km. I don't know about China but its possible they also have. Now achieving 1000km range at 0.8 mach speed is not difficult as you don't really need a special material to build airframe which you need in case of high speed missiles. For high speed missiles you also need powerful engine while we have a lot of engines available to power a subsonic missiles.
So yeah it will still be an achievement as its build by us and not in partnership and the fact that still not many countries have the capability to make a cruise missile but its not much as compared to Brahmos and especially A5 and SLBMs.

but some sources said that Nerpa can fire Long Range Cruise missiles.though i doubt that Russia will give missiles to India.sounded like a hush hush deal.

My friend I was talking about K series which is SLBM. I think Nerva can fire Long range cruise missile from it torpito tube if I am not wrong. But Russia can give us such kind of missiles due to international treaty. So is they cant sell us nuclear submarin but can rent it. Same goes for long range SLBM. It can fire few Klub class missiles that has range between 300-700 km. I am nit exactly sure about that range. But it's low

About Brahmos if it is fired from sukoi from greater heights. It's range will be increased obviously.
Brahmos corporation can't increase range due to international restriction but India can develope it's own missile referring Brahmos with higher range. No probs

Army will surely get this,as well as IAF.
Why would IA be interested in subsonic missile when they already have one of the fastest cruise missile in the world. Also i am telling you from the design point also. There will be a land based version but the missile is basically designed for aircraft launch just like scalp or delilah which have land version but is mainly designed to be used as an air-launched missile.
Although if its cheap it would hurt to have this missile in IA and i mean cheaper than scalp and close to delilah.

Brahmos on Sukhoi gives it 1500+600 km range with supersonic speed. Am I wrong ?
Yes. What is 1500+600km ?? You cannot just add the aircraft capability to fly with missile range. I mean if you fighting in Afghanistan then its fine but in Pakistan and China ...they have a pretty decent air defence and radar network, decent enough to pick up Su30 radar signature when it crosses the border, so you cannot add 1500.
Also the Brahmos range is 290km especially air version where we are not compromising with speed but we are reducing size, so range will be effected unless we change the whole design of the missile.

Most of cruuise missiles are fired in night to avoid detection due to subsonic speed ........... Is it true ???
Thats not true...every cruise missile is hard to detect their structure is made of composites and on top of that the biggest thing in their favor is they fly very close to ground thereby evading radars , although now we have good 3d radars that can easily detect a cruise missile.

My friend I was talking about K series which is SLBM. I think Nerva can fire Long range cruise missile from it torpito tube if I am not wrong. But Russia can give us such kind of missiles due to international treaty. So is they cant sell us nuclear submarin but can rent it. Same goes for long range SLBM. It can fire few Klub class missiles that has range between 300-700 km. I am nit exactly sure about that range. But it's low

range of Klub is lower than 300 km.but some paper suggested that Russia gave India long range cruise missile,but kept it secret.thats why i meant that.

About Brahmos if it is fired from sukoi from greater heights. It's range will be increased obviously.
Brahmos corporation can't increase range due to international restriction but India can develope it's own missile referring Brahmos with higher range. No probs

its a joint venture.so i think they can't increase its range more than 300 km.and if you are talking about increase of range for gliding from a great hight,then i think it doesn't matter much.because no significant range increase is going to happen.by the way,Sukhoi also will be capable to fire Nirbhay.. :smitten: :smitten:

Nerpa is a SSN and not SSBN...

Back
Top Bottom