What's new

India's Long-Range Cruise Missile Test In August, Says DRDO

guys what happened to shaurya?i mean whats the status?inducted or not.....

wiki says it's operational;)

Wow that's what I was talking about from day 1 :D do you have some kinda source or it's just internal news ???
If India go for Brahmos-2 on its own then,
1. the name won't be Brahmos
2. Range will be minimum 500km if not 1000km as Nirbhoy
3. It will be a hell out of news :D

my source says Brahmos II will not have 300 KM restriction

he also said Brahmos II will be built with experience gained in Brahmos (thus no 300 KM limit) and will have enough range to attack whole Pakistan

thus i guessed Brahmos II will have nearly 400 KM range

My Source> Oscar Sir

he also said Brahmos II will be built with experience gained in Brahmos (thus no 300 KM limit) and will have enough range to attack whole Pakistan

My Source> Oscar Sir

Just take a look at the deployment of the BrahMos in the Arunachal Pradesh region and map out the bases which China has on the other side. There is no way the missile would have been deployed there if its range was 300 kms.

In fact, I had posted a map with Chinese airbases on one of the threads...not sure if here or IDF. will try to locate the same.

there is little accountability in the DRDO they announce dates and then never follow it , better announce it late and test it,they have all the time one earth , it makes me wonder why they lie first july,then august and no news now :hitwall:

there is little accountability in the DRDO they announce dates and then never follow it , better announce it late and test it,they have all the time one earth , it makes me wonder why they lie first july,then august and no news now :hitwall:
Miyan as an Indian you should be used to DRDO punctuality i would rather say indian punctuality by now.:D

A good effective PR dept following good project management practices would be a dream, assuming general public is a stakeholder.

However I want to question that, I do not think the general public is a stateholder and there is no need of ANY PR at all. Tell DRDO not to talk at all.

Miyan as an Indian you should be used to DRDO punctuality i would rather say indian punctuality by now.:D
little delays dont matter as long as they produce good systems and within budget,while they have produced some good ones delivering within time and costs has been a pipe dream , and it happens not only in india it happens everywhere with defence projects....

My Source> Oscar Sir

Your source is wrong.

The Russians control the Brahmos engine technology. Unless you can cite a source from the Russian government or defense company supplying the Brahmos engine, your source is spreading a false rumor.

all the best to DRDO... my god Martian is here. ...

all the best to DRDO... my god Martian is here. ...

Just for a little while. The title of the thread caught my attention. Unfortunately, there is no substance here.

I was looking forward to learning more about DRDO's long-range cruise missile test.

scaled.php

Your source is wrong.

The Russians control the Brahmos engine technology. Unless you can cite a source from the Russian government or defense company supplying the Brahmos engine, your source is spreading a false rumor.

BrahMos Block-III LACM already has a range of 550km.

MTCR is a collective regime of a few countries, & is not a binding treaty that is internationally ratified. That’s why the US is free to export its T-LAMs to countries like the UK. BrahMos-1’s Blocks 1/2 are not reqd to have a 550km-range since A) the IN does not have the kind of OTHT capabilities reqd for providing mid-course targetting updates for BrahMos-1 Block 1, & 2) BrahMos-1’s Block 2 is meant for use against a country with an elongated geography & therefore an engagement envelope of 550km isn’t necessary. But Block-3 is designed for warfare in mountain areas with top-attack capability against countries with many far-flung bases, the recent deployment of Block-3 in Arunachal Pradesh is proof.

By 2016-2017 (when BrahMos-II Hypersonic missile comes into service), IN would have acquired all the crtical OTHT/midcourse guidance equipment needed to support that long range, and hence the range of the hypersonic missile (and presumably that of the air-launched version for LACM role similar to X-51A Waverider) will be much higher than 300km.

My source is Prasun K. Sengupta, you must have heard of him, has a lot of insider info about stuff. Here is his site - TRISHUL

You may enquire if you want, just post a question in any thread and he'll reply.

Just take a look at the deployment of the BrahMos in the Arunachal Pradesh region and map out the bases which China has on the other side. There is no way the missile would have been deployed there if its range was 300 kms.

In fact, I had posted a map with Chinese airbases on one of the threads...not sure if here or IDF. will try to locate the same.

u hve any image ?

it is true that the range of brahmos is understated. I do not have verifiable proof. I posted this before. but my contact did take a certain high rank arty officer to dinner for some sales reasons. i was there. Range is easily expected to be in the 700km range...might go higher too...Guy said...there were modifications being conducted to extend it further

Back
Top Bottom