What's new

India's K-15 Ballasic Missile tasked to take out China's Aircraft Carrier 'Liaoning'

A typical Chinese response. When you cannot argue on the point, say thet others do not understand or say thet they are stupid or defame their country etc. I think this is the only way chinese can prove their intelligence.
It is not how intellectual Chinese is , just how stupid you are.
Your stupidity make all people intellectual.
Like the DF 21 will always remain the carrier killer of tomorrow? Without a single test for decades?
After so many replies , you still do not understand how ballistic missile system work.
DF-21 is a midd-range ballistic missile which entered service in early 2000s.
DF-21D is a variant of DF-21 , that is modified with mounting terminal-guiding system ,terminal moveable component, which is not a big deal for great powers .
As for aircraft carrier, the point is you have to search and find and transmit its coordination and insert to missile and launch, in parallel to trail the carrier consistent and update the coordination until the missile is so chose enough to carrier that the radar mounted missile could search and lock carrier .
You know ?
Silly .
Carrier Killer is the whole system.

DF-21D has entered service for years .
What kind of test do you mean? You mean sinking the Virant ? You'd better hope that kind of test is never gonna happen.

It is not how intellectual Chinese is , just how stupid you are.
Your stupidity make all people intellectual.

After so many replies , you still do not understand how ballistic missile system work.
DF-21 is a midd-range ballistic missile which entered service in early 2000s.
DF-21D is a variant of DF-21 , that is modified with mounting terminal-guiding system ,terminal moveable component, which is not a big deal for great powers .
As for aircraft carrier, the point is you have to search and find and transmit its coordination and insert to missile and launch, in parallel to trail the carrier consistent and update the coordination until the missile is so chose enough to carrier that the radar mounted missile could search and lock carrier .
You know ?
Silly .
Carrier Killer is the whole system.

DF-21D has entered service for years .
What kind of test do you mean? You mean sinking the Virant ? You'd better hope that kind of test is never gonna happen.

Once again it is " you are stupid, You do not understand, and bla bla bla " followed by usual rant and bluffing with no relevance to the subject.

The K-15s would've been intercepted at their midcourse stage by HQ-26 missiles, and if not, by subsequent layers of the CGB's missile defense network. Additionally, six K-15-class missiles are nowhere near the firepower required to take out three frigates, two destroyers, and a 65K-ton aircraft carrier, assuming that they have an ideal 100% hit rate.
If you were talking about an Israeli or USA defence system, I would worry, but this is a Chinese system, so it probably wont be as good

Once again it is " you are stupid, You do not understand, and bla bla bla " followed by usual rant and bluffing with no relevance to the subject.
You know nothing, but you think you knew something.
So it is logic that you are stupid.

If you were talking about an Israeli or USA defence system, I would worry, but this is a Chinese system, so it probably wont be as good
If you were talking about a Russian or USA missile, I would worry, but this is a India missile, so the defense system will definitely be good enough.

You know nothing, but you think you knew something.
So it is logic that you are stupid.

If you were talking about a Russian or USA missile, I would worry, but this is a India missile, so the defense system will definitely be good enough.
This is why I dont worry about Pakistan nukes. :D

The key of attacking a aircraft carrier by a ballistic missile is not the missile but the guidance system(GPS, Beidou),the recon satellite, the repeater satellite,the communication satellite , the trail system(submarine, recon plane, AWAC).etc.
A lot of systems work together efficiently enougth that could make the missile hit carrier.

Hey,

As an exercise, will try to answer to the best of my knowledge as per open sources.

Guidance system - IRNSS. Better known as the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System.

Communication satellite - Rukmini. Also known as GSAT 7.

Recon satellite - Risat, Cartosat. There was supposed to be an ELINT satellite going up in 2014. But no news of that post 2012. There is also the rest of the IRS, but those are mostly civilian with a few of them used by the military intermittently. So they do have capabilities, but not as much as the Risat and Cartosat. A small bit on info, in the early 1990s we had the capability to pick out interesting things in Pakistan using our satellites. And I am not talking about the Mig 25s.

Repeater satellite - I am assuming you mean something like the INSAT series. Also used will be the P8s for relaying

AWACS - I am assuming you mean maritime reconnaissance. Yes, it exists in the form of P8-Is and the now retired Ilyushins. The IN Ka-31s act as AWACS. The Phalcons of the IAF will come into the picture only once the GSAT 7A is launched.

Now coming to the crux of the matter. Do the above work together and have they been tested? Yes. In a couple of exercises of the IN, they were tested in the IOR with Rukmini with the rest of the IN.

The most difficult part in attacking a CBG comes not from the attack part. This is the last part. It comes from first figuring out where it is. So you need to know it is somewhere in a said area of the IOR. Once you figure out area you need to pin point location. Once you figure out where it is, you need to relay this information and then move an asset to monitor it. Once you start monitoring it, you need to take a decision to trail it or abandon trail depending on weather conditions. If weather conditions are good, then you need to take a call on intent. For intent you need to alert the person or listen to chatter. If you need to alert, then the opponent knows you are monitoring them and have found them. Most times, if they know you know they are there what do they do?

Assume, in the end the kill order is given, then which asset will be used? Asset in the sea or asset from land or from air. If the CBG can defend against a BM what other options are used (Which exist btw). Depending on this the kill channel will kick in. Now, Indian missiles have the capability to hit a target in the IOR. This, as of date is the maximum range of our capabilities. If the CBG is further South, we cannot hit it. If its east of the Malacca, we cannot hit it. I am meaning surface launched missiles here. Not aircraft based release.

Where we are handicapped today is the 24x7 surveillance offered by the UAVs, which the IN is trying to procure. But that still is 5 years away. But to the crux of the question. Does the IN have the ability to take down a CBG? Yes. Does it have the capability to provide a 265/24/7 surveillance across the complete IOR today? No. Will it have the capability 5 years down the line? Most probably.

Is that your only argument? I'm actually curious.

Back
Top Bottom