What's new

India's C-DAC Deploys PARAM Bilim Supercomputer in Kazakhstan - Fifth Deployment on Foreign Soil

The confidence is more based on cost effectiveness of Indian supercomputers - The systems developed by C-DAC are as cheaper as 50% than their western/US counterparts - specially firms like CRAY and IBM etc. and that's the reason a majority of the countries to which we supply these systems happen to be developing nations like Ghana, Myanmar, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan etc.
Meaning, more bang for the buck!! :-)

Last edited:
Is it me or we have a eerie absence of members from our neighboring countries ??

The system is 10 teraflop Linux-based hybrid supercomputer. Rajat Moona, director general, C-DAC explained about the need for a supercomputer in weather and other research and scientific filed during the deployment in Kazakhstan.

This fella delivered a guest lecture back in our school regarding pipelining of instructions and Instruction set design for IA64 architecture. It was organized by HP back in the days. A very astute mind and a sharp professor. I think he is from one of the IITs :)

Is it surprising?

They wont be on threads which shows India's Achievements.

No one from Pakistan is here because it does not matter to us. Hey you built a computer! Congrats! Building a computer is not a big deal.

No one from Pakistan is here because it does not matter to us. Hey you built a computer! Congrats! Building a computer is not a big deal.

Building a Super Computer is not big Deal?

There are only 9 to 10 nations which can build super computers.

The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurating the India-Kazakhstan Centre for Excellence in Information & Communication Technology, at the L.N. Gumilev Eurasia National University, in Astana, Kazakhstan on July 07, 2015. The Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Mr. Karim Massimov is also seen.
s2015070767339.jpg

s2015070767340.jpg

The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi being briefed about the Super Computer, at the L.N. Gumilev Eurasia National University, in Astana, Kazakhstan on July 07, 2015. The Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Mr. Karim Massimov is also seen.
s2015070767341.jpg

Remind me when you guys built your own Supercomputer ?? I am not even asking about export. Even before that make a decent lawn mower engine.

If we are earning bucks. Its awesome. Money matters.

And for member saying we will have the fastest super computer, Sir presently equipping our educational institutions with supercomputers is more important.

When we have done so, we can look to make the fastest one.

But I am sure if we make the fastest one, then it will be done by people of educational institutions whom we equipped them with our supercomputers .

This fella delivered a guest lecture back in our school regarding pipelining of instructions and Instruction set design for IA64 architecture. It was organized by HP back in the days. A very astute mind and a sharp professor. I think he is from one of the IITs :)

Yes - He is an alumnus of IIT Kanpur, PhD from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and served as the head of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) at IIT Kanpur before taking over as DG, C-DAC.

what is "hybrid"?? :what:

The working of the super computer is based on the hybrid computer technology by making use of hardware accelerators and coprocessors. The interconnection of this is comprised of Infiniband FDR System Area Network and PARAMNet-III which offers remarkable efficiency.

Any link of the lecture

Back
Top Bottom