What's new

India's Bitter Internal Insurgencies Take a Big Spike

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A country that was artificially glued by Sardar Patel is currently showing bitter internal strife,that are at their peak. From the North to the South from the West to the East we see a fragmented country deeply divided on Ethnic,Religious,Regional,Caste,linguistic and Financial lines. The Indian Ministry of Home Affairs is busy around the clock, temporarily fixing the permanent rot that has plagued the country. It is just a matter of time when this whole Edifice is going to crumble to the ground. Below are just a few news from last few days in India.

I have not mentioned Kashmir, Assam ,Tripura, Mezoram, East Bengal, Kerala and many other trouble spots. With so many internal issues some Indians still dream of becoming a SUPAPAWA and challenge all its neighbours, a scenario that baffles everyone with sane thinking.

Come to think of it. Maybe the US wants India to go for the kill. When all the facade of India's union collapses, the US will be there to take all of it for themselves.
I think US wants something like Korea with a US base near to China. A north and south India with US bases. Just my thoughts.

I think US wants something like Korea with a US base near to China. A north and south India with US bases. Just my thoughts.
They want the Indians to surrender those willingly. What better way to do that other than war.

Some info on two major insurgency regions.
Northeast Insurgencies

main-qimg-d37c0eff1810cf777dec36db6b378e58

Central and South Indian Naxal movements
india_weapons-smuggling.jpg

Last edited:
Fool's wet dreams.
70% decline in insurgency incidents in northeast: Govt

NEW DELHI: Army's anti-insurgency operations in the northeastern states this year have achieved maximum surrenders with minimum collateral damage. Also, with the support of the Myanmar Army, key insurgent leaders have been repatriated from the neighbouring Myanmar.

As per the data shared by security forces, while as many as 2259 insurgents have surrendered, 261 have been arrested so far. There has been a decrease in insurgency incidents with reports of only 69 incidents taking place this year till now. Sources added that surrender of 382 arms this year is the largest in the recent years.

The sources attributed the success of operations to the strengthening of ties with Myanmar. There were 223 insurgent incidents in 2019. Sources added that the good relationship with Myanmar has given a major boost to operations and building pressure on the insurgent groups.

While the Indian Army and the Assam Rifles have constricted the space for insurgents, the Myanmar Army is giving them a chase on their side. “Relentless and persistent operation by Indian Army and Assam Rifles in the areas of Tirap, Changlang, Longding, Northern Nagaland, and other areas along Indo-Myanmar Border (IMB) has reduced the space available to insurgent groups towards the Indian side of IMB. Most of the groups were forced to shift their operational bases to Myanmar.” sources told.

As per sources, there are more than 40 camps of Indian Insurgent Groups (IIGs) in various clusters in Myanmar. Close cooperation between Myanmar Army (MA) and the Indian Army resulted in MA carrying out ‘OPERATION SUNRISE’ against IIGs in three phases - between January and May in 2019 and in March this year. During these operations, 26 cadres were apprehended and awarded two years of imprisonment in Myanmar.

Further, Sustained efforts by ministries and various agencies concerned resulted in handing over of 22 Indian origin cadres to Indian authorities on May 15. This is also the first time that such a large number of insurgents have been repatriated to India.

Prominent leaders and cadres of NDFB(S), KLO, PLA, UNLF, PREPAK (Pro), and KYKL have been repatriated and are presently under quarantine at Imphal and Guwahati. They were interrogated followed by legal proceedings. Among those repatriated are some senior and long-wanted insurgent leaders viz SS Home Secretary of NDFB (S) Rajen Daimary, Capt Sanatomba Ningthoujam of UNLF and Lt Pashuram Laishram of PREPAK(Pro).

This has provided much required relief to civil population from extortion and other illegal activities of these groups.

Since 2015, a total of 1910 insurgent incidents have taken place leading to 3118 surrenders, 6096 arrests with 696 arms surrender, and 2675 arms recovery. During this time while 177 civilians and 362 insurgents were killed.

Some info on two major insurgency regions.
Northwest Insurgencies

main-qimg-d37c0eff1810cf777dec36db6b378e58

Central and South Indian Naxal movements
india_weapons-smuggling.jpg
Outdated map, this is in 2013. Otoh outdated, you can see how irrelevant they are getting with passing time.

aaqs.png

I guess it correlates to SC/ST population % of the district?
Yes and/or regions with poor socio-economic indicators.

Yeap :I would recommend you read the article below which states more than 10000 people attended the meeting of the Naxalites. This is a first gathering after FIVE years, things are heating up again.
Read your own article. Maoists are a dying group, they have a presence in a few backward regions and in jungles where nobody really lives. Internal fault lines lol. They used to be prevalent in the red corridor, now confined to few regions and is breathing their last breath.

Yes and/or regions with poor socio-economic indicators.

Read your own article. Maoists are a dying group, they have a presence in a few backward regions and in jungles where nobody really lives. Internal fault lines lol. They used to be prevalent in the red corridor, now confined to few regions and is breathing their last breath.

I hope they join the democratic line of thought. Not that their democratic counterparts are any better, but it will give the people an choice on what type of ideology and leadership they need.

A country that was artificially glued by Sardar Patel is currently showing bitter internal strife,that are at their peak. From the North to the South from the West to the East we see a fragmented country deeply divided on Ethnic,Religious,Regional,Caste,linguistic and Financial lines. The Indian Ministry of Home Affairs is busy around the clock, temporarily fixing the permanent rot that has plagued the country. It is just a matter of time when this whole Edifice is going to crumble to the ground. Below are just a few news from last few days in India.

I have not mentioned Kashmir, Assam ,Tripura, Mezoram, East Bengal, Kerala and many other trouble spots. With so many internal issues some Indians still dream of becoming a SUPAPAWA and challenge all its neighbours, a scenario that baffles everyone with sane thinking.

India was never a single country. It was a region of independent princely states and different cultures. It is a fake country stitched together post British colonial Territory.

I hope they join the democratic line of thought. Not that their democratic counterparts are any better, but it will give the people an choice on what type of ideology and leadership they need.
There are no incentives for joining the Democratic line. I personally know people being informants of these insurgents, when I was working in Arunachal we had an engineer who gets 'extra' for simply reporting on a forest office. Their ring is big and vast and god knows where they get all that money. But when such amounts of money is involved you know they are not going to change their ways. You know after democratization, how the buried cash surfaced in Maoist regions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom