What's new

India's 1st Kolkata class DDG

this is my exact quote from post no 11

"
china makes a destroyer in 2-3 years flat and we take freaking 9 years??
and chinese 0522d are actually more stealthy are almost equally armed compared to kolkata class.

thats a shame really"

now what??

Type 052D destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wiki not updated, because I seen 3 Type 052D all fitted out. First Type 052D launched in 2012. So at least 3 Type 052D in 1 year.

again wrong.when was the keel was laid down of these DDG??do you know that??launched means,after completing the ship,they floated it.after tests are conducted and then commissioned.but search for when the keel was laid and when it is launched.only then you'll understand how many ships your country is making per year.also,study if these are made in parallel production lines as that based on manufacturing base.

@kaykay

tes that should be the goal
we should finish such ship in at the most 5 years,,,9 years just way too much,,,,i think usa will make a 100000 ton carrier faster,lol

@GR!FF!N

if u are on a defence forum leave ur bias at home
the onus to prove lies on you regarding 052d,not us

look at ur face in the mirror u looser

all the posters agree except u.looks like u are a fanboy of the highest order

again u made a mistake

I SAID ONE 052D IS MADE IN 2-3 YEARS

now if u have dyslexia and cannot read properly,is it my fault??

guess not

even that,where you got the info??did you know when the keel was laid??

Even if we count when a ship is launched, Kolkata was launched in 2006, about 6 and a half years before Type 052D was launched. Type 052D is all fitted out and operational any day now. That makes China much faster than India in the destroyers department.

@GR!FF!N

talk on facts,not guess.how do you know how much time it took to complete one Type-52D??plus,China always launch ship in parallel production lines,not like India in single production line.

even that,where you got the info??did you know when the keel was laid??

read the @Superboy

talk on facts,not guess.how do you know how much time it took to complete one Type-52D??plus,China always launch ship in parallel production lines,not like India in single production line.

so is it my fault that we have single lines and not parallel lines??
at least info on 052c is available

the construction started in 2002 and now 6 have been constructed

Type 052C destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

after this u have lost moral right to challenge anyone here

Type 052C was never built in a hurry because it is obsolete compared to Type 052D. Type 052D and Type 055 would be the backbone of the PLAN in the next few years.

Type 052C was launched in 2003, not 2002.

Even if we count when a ship is launched, Kolkata was launched in 2006, about 6 and a half years before Type 052D was launched. Type 052D is all fitted out and operational any day now. That makes China much faster than India in the destroyers department.

read the reason for delay.plus,making warships take significant amount of improvement in production line.we take average time for making other smaller ships.thats the first attemp to make heavier ships that mired into various faults and delay for procuring parts.thats all.but then again,try to know when the keel was down and what are the total time to make a Type-52D.as you see,even in numerous delays and challenges,India took 3 years to make a DDG(2003-2006),same average time for any DDG takes anywhere in the world.its the weapons that is the reason we're still waiting to commissioned it.

@kaykay

tes that should be the goal
we should finish such ship in at the most 5 years,,,9 years just way too much,,,,i think usa will make a 100000 ton carrier faster,lol

@GR!FF!N

My friend you need to understand one thing.... chinese maintain more and more secrecy than what you think...They will never let you, when the construction started etc...but India is not like that... we maintain no secrecy and we depend Indo-Israel joint venture... which caused further delay... so just relax.... i guess you think more than what is needed...

so is it my fault that we have single lines and not parallel lines??
at least info on 052c is available
Type 052C destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
after this u have lost moral right to challenge anyone here

read my reply before making comments.it took 3 years to make a Type-15A DDG.

Kolkata-Laid down-2003,Launched-2006
Kochi-2005-2009
chennai-2006-2010

even when delays due to design change,slow construction procedures and technical problems as well as delays of delivering parts which even lead to changing the firm. :rolleyes:

My friend you need to understand one thing.... chinese maintain more and more secrecy than what you think...They will never let you, when the construction started etc...but India is not like that... we maintain no secrecy and we depend Indo-Israel joint venture... which caused further delay... so just relax.... i guess you think more than what is needed...

some moron here don't even know what "Ship launched" means came to lecturing me.he didn't know that Type-15A is waiting form 2006 for weapons.that means,ship design already got completed within 3 years even in numerous delays. :rolleyes:

read my reply before making comments.it took 3 years to make a Type-15A DDG.

Kolkata-Laid down-2003,Launched-2006
Kochi-2005-2009
chennai-2006-2010

even when delays due to design change,slow construction procedures and technical problems as well as delays of delivering parts which even lead to changing the firm. :rolleyes:

launch is different from active

0522c are 4 active right now dude with other 2 going to be pretty soon(if not already)

we haven't made one untill now

i know things can only improve but at the moment this is the truth

launch is different from active

0522c are 4 active right now dude with other 2 going to be pretty soon(if not already)

we haven't made one untill now

i know things can only improve but at the moment this is the truth

now you're coming from making to "Completing with weapons and sensors"...in that case,even you know these ships are waiting for sam for over 6-7 years now.if inducted in the right time,it'd be operational within 2008,while others more faster.even that means international standard.

construction of Kolkata class has been completed. Though sams are to integrated and key delays has nothing to do with shipyard rather govt policies.

With Type 052D active any day now and Type 055 to be launched next year or so, the rival of Kolkata will not be Type 052D, but Type 055, which is very likely over 160 meters long and 24 meters wide weighing about 15,000 tons.

Back
Top Bottom