What's new

India's 1st Kolkata class DDG

barak 8 is delayed for at least 1 year and maye more

don't expect before 2015

Israelis are mounting Barak 8 systeems on two of their ships right now though its the SR version of it - and its not barak 1 (if thats what u are going to tell me).

Israelis are mounting Barak 8 systeems on two of their ships right now though its the SR version of it - and its not barak 1 (if thats what u are going to tell me).

i am really not sure whether that news is correct or not.

but one thing is 100% that we will get barak 8 not before 2015

china makes a destroyer in 2-3 years flat and we take freaking 9 years??
and chinese 0522d are actually more stealthy are almost equally armed compared to kolkata class.

thats a shame really

An Bhai
Chini Chini hai or Indian Indian hai
Though I am confident if contract is given to a Private shipyard it can make it as fast as the Chinese

An Bhai
Chini Chini hai or Indian Indian hai
Though I am confident if contract is given to a Private shipyard it can make it as fast as the Chinese

hopefully the newly implemented modular construction methods will speed up the things in future,have fingers crossed.lol

i am really not sure whether that news is correct or not.

but one thing is 100% that we will get barak 8 not before 2015

What do you mean you are not sure? do you know even better? do you have sources in Israel or anywhere else who are refuting it?.

What do you mean you are not sure? do you know even better? do you have sources in Israel or anywhere else who are refuting it?.

the fact is this thread is on kolkata class and barak 8 is not ready for india,we haven't been handed over the missile and we haven't conducted any test.

so what point are u trying to make

I must say a nice looking Ship.:cheesy:

And as India is building this type of ship first time, slow building process is acceptable.:happy:

the fact is this thread is on kolkata class and barak 8 is not ready for india,we haven't been handed over the missile and we haven't conducted any test.

so what point are u trying to make

Funny that you didnt get the point and started disagreeing with it.

Barak 8 as a system is very much ready and under trials - they are coming out with various versions of it. DRDO and IAI had issues with TOT's, later there were legal and bribing issues and couple of court casees when IAI was banned by MOD - this was the period that collaboration and work on India's LR version got stalled. It hasnt yet received the green signal to proceed with the preliminary testing which will probably take a few months of testing and again a few months for integration.

Barak 8 range 75 km. Isn't that just an Iron Dome, which has the same range?

Hopefully Follow on AESA destroyers 'Banglore class' will be built fast and equipped with greater range SAMs(120 KM barak-8ER)

Back
Top Bottom