What's new

Indians Surrender

I find it perennially amusing when our Pakistani brothers thump their chests. See we got thrashed, but so what! You are x times bigger, y times stronger, z kilometers distance separating two halves of country, etc etc etc till an Indian like me understandably gets brain freeze.

Aree bhai, aapki matt maari gayi thi, jab pata tha yeh sab pehle se, to ungal kyu ki?
cause they are a ignoarent and paranoid quam and to most of them hub bul watani means acute sense of hate , revenge and disghust against india and indians than loving pakistan , its law of the land and respect for its state institutions and love and compassion to all other pakistanies

fear_ignorance_hate.jpg

No, this is not necessary. You can capture by force and send them to jail. Every war has had POW's either both sides. But this is nothing to compare 90000 shameful faces and half of your country. LOL​

Apparently dramaqueen does not understand the difference.

cause theya are an ignoarnet and paranoid quam and to most of them hub bul watani means acute sense of hate , revenge and disghust against india and indians than loving pakistan , its law of the land and respect for its state institutions and love and compassion to all other pakistanies

View attachment 258591

Its understandable though.

In a dog fight, even the underdog gets tired of getting mauled again and again.

Hi,

I an sure that Niazi to his last day would look up to the heaven and ask Allah---why me----.

Fom 16th sept 1971 to 16th dec 1971 he was the CMLA of E Pakistan----only for 3 months-----. How could one commit all those sins in the waning periods of the rule---.
Sir but Niazi did adopt that hardpoints strategy, yes i know he was just following orders from GHQ which were clear to not lose any major town otherwise the Indians will use them to declare the free Bangladesh. The situation was hopeless i agree but instead of stretching the already small forces to defend many small unimportant towns, why not commit all the forces to defend Dhaka and the adjoining area.

We could have stalled Indians and if not save East Pakistan, this at least would have allowed us to sue for peace at more favorable terms like our forces returning home without surrender.

If you read the Brig. Salik's book or even the Hamood ur Rehman commission report it was clear that although such orders did come from the GHQ, he was still given enough freedom to deploy his forces according to his wishes. He could have argued with his superiors for concentrating his forces in Dhaka city and making his last stand there. So i believe he is as much responsible for this debacle as his predecessor or the generals sitting in GHQ were.

@Oscar @Slav Defence @WebMaster @Jango
You people think he deserve to be TTA ? I don't think so.
you may want to reflect onto the history books and find out why 6 tanks returned out of 45....
When you want to reflect on "Indians Surrender", then why not touch upon the Longewalla - Where Indians "Don't" Surrender... Instead stop the mighty brigade in their tracks.

you may want to reflect onto the history books and find out why 6 tanks returned out of 45....
When you want to reflect on "Indians Surrender", then why not touch upon the Longewalla - Where Indians "Don't" Surrender... Instead stop the mighty brigade in their tracks.
The word you used like minced and other not appropriate since you have STATUS of TTA i object that lets the @WebMaster decides.

Sir but Niazi did adopt that hardpoints strategy, yes i know he was just following orders from GHQ which were clear to not lose any major town otherwise the Indians will use them to declare the free Bangladesh. The situation was hopeless i agree but instead of stretching the already small forces to defend many small unimportant towns, why not commit all the forces to defend Dhaka and the adjoining area.

We could have stalled Indians and if not save East Pakistan, this at least would have allowed us to sue for peace at more favorable terms like our forces returning home without surrender.

If you read the Brig. Salik's book or even the Hamood ur Rehman commission report it was clear that although such orders did come from the GHQ, he was still given enough freedom to deploy his forces according to his wishes. He could have argued with his superiors for concentrating his forces in Dhaka city and making his last stand there. So i believe he is as much responsible for this debacle as his predecessor or the generals sitting in GHQ were.

Hi,

To me the reason is very simple-----it only gets clear when you understand it. This war was futile---there was not purpose to it after the initial issues with the public---.

The brother just wants to have a separate home----so regardless of what the GHQ orders were or what everyone else was thinking in west Pakistan---the truth is any further conflict was worthless.

The americans once they realized that it is a war between two brothers---they also slowed down. When you fight a war---you have to fight for something----when there is no glory in sight---then it is not worth it----.

There was no glory left in East Pakistan---except for the slaughter of the Pakistani troops.

The americans once they realized that it is a war between two brothers---they also slowed down. When you fight a war---you have to fight for something----when there is no glory in sight---then it is not worth it----.
Seriously do you believe in that Sir. The Americans who fought along side South Korea against the North, bled with the South Vietnamese against North Vietnam would care about us fighting against our brothers. These countries were not brothers in words, but had the same language, religion, race in fact that was a real fight between two brothers, but Americans intervened did not they? They did not intervene in East Pakistan because we were expendable allies, there was no chance of Bangladesh becoming a communist state and because our military situation was hopeless.

Rest i do agree with you that this was a lost cause right at the start of the war and this disaster was in making ever since the creation of our country. As some poet said,

WaQt Karta Hai Parwarish Barson . . . Haadsa Achanak Nahi Hota

But there was some glory there for men who seek it, like those men fighting at Battle of Hilli, men like Brig. Tajamul Malik and Maj. Akaram Shaheed.

Seriously do you believe in that Sir. The Americans who fought along side South Korea against the North, bled with the South Vietnamese against North Vietnam would care about us fighting against our brothers. These countries were not brothers in words, but had the same language, religion, race in fact that was a real fight between two brothers, but Americans intervened did not they? They did not intervene in East Pakistan because we were expendable allies, there was no chance of Bangladesh becoming a communist state and because our military situation was hopeless.

Rest i do agree with you that this was a lost cause right at the start of the war and this disaster was in making ever since the creation of our country. As some poet said,

WaQt Karta Hai Parwarish Barson . . . Haadsa Achanak Nahi Hota

But there was some glory there for men who seek it, like those men fighting at Battle of Hilli, men like Brig. Tajamul Malik and Maj. Akaram Shaheed.

Hi,

Why do you think I wrote that----if I did not believe in what the americans would have done---.

No Korea and So Korea were separated by line----so and no Vietnam were separated by a line---we were separated by a 1000 miles-----.

The issue is the simple GEOGRAPHIC truth---the distance----we should have understood right from the gitgo----that this union was to get enough numbers to get a separate nation and then later we may chose to go our separate ways.

@Oscar @Slav Defence @WebMaster @Jango
You people think he deserve to be TTA ? I don't think so.

And you of course have the authority and knowledge to sit in judgement on him. Of course. All that awesome buden of experience of this board from August 24 onwards.

Not to mention the width and breadth of knowledge displayed in <gasp!> 1003 posts. Count them, well over a thousand.

And you of course have the authority and knowledge to sit in judgement on him. Of course. All that awesome buden of experience of this board from August 24 onwards.

Not to mention the width and breadth of knowledge displayed in <gasp!> 1003 posts. Count them, well over a thousand.

Do you want to lay a wager that 1003 posts is not all he has contributed to the forum to date?

I am not the authority, i am giving my opinion. And more posts with more time on forum is not the guarantee of wisdom / knowledge and what makes you to reply me.

Back
Top Bottom