What's new

Indians Surrender

Look at pow they are not handing over their weapons with a smile on their face.If you google it you will know what i mean.

There is obvious reason. Because Indian army saved them in 1971. If they had fall on Mukti Bahini's hand none would have survived. Look how rebels mercilessly slaughter Syrian regime Army. So he had every reasons to happy.

1971-ltgenassanalikhan.jpg

Hi,

What a thoughtless post. He was the scapegoat---. Tikka Khan was the criminal----he saw the defeat coming---used his resources and got himself out of Bangladesh and poor Gen Niazi got handed the defeat on a platter.

His mistake was not to refuse the handover of the charge---and taken his chances in the court---even a court martial---. But he accepted his fate----.

So---what do you mean when you say----" got scared of his life and surrendered "-----explain please.

When we ask our elders they tell us the stories of what happened & how it happened. You are the first person to tell me that Niazi was not the culprit, it was Tikka Khan.

When we ask our elders they tell us the stories of what happened & how it happened. You are the first person to tell me that Niazi was not the culprit, it was Tikka Khan.

No doubt about it, it was Tikka Khan, the Butcher of Bangladesh, not the hapless Niazi. I am surprised that this was not known to you, and evidently not related to you. Rao Farman Ali had an ambiguous role, if anyone came out of it with honour intact, it was probably Sahibzada Yaqub Khan.

This was during the horrible period from Operation Searchlight onwards. During the fighting, there was one outstanding figure of courage and indomitable courage on the Pakistani side, but that's another story.

They are being treated well by PA.

Proud of our army for showing due respect to surrendering Indian prisoners of war! :tup:

@coffee_cup

Indeed.

I get the impression that you consider this an exceptional deed, exceeding the call of duty. It was not.

Without connecting the two, there is something else that comes to mind. You might care to remember that without Indian Army intervention, sometimes forcible intervention, almost all the POWs in Bangladesh would have died at the hands of the Mukti Bahini.

@kṣamā

It took a while in coming but here you are full of your Indian table manners, yet criticising me, do you in your derelict mindset even know the meanings of what are ethics and morals, far from it, you barking insults certainly goes a long way to show your up bringing, listen up wise guy, it's fine if your kind post surrender pictures on daily basis yet the thread title is offensive to you....just goes to prove your moranic thoughts and i am sure you know all about four legged creatures since you probably grew up with them and obviously you would admire your countryfellow as iam giving you both a bloody nose but sadly for you he has ended up in a pink saree.....ideally you would suit one too.

Well, @ksama, you moran, now you know what you did not know before. When slicing up Jammer the Windy, use your fork to hold him down while you use a blunt knife on his spellings. Don't you have any table manners? Or do you have only the Indian kind, which counter-jumpers know so well?

There might have been individuals in Indian Army who had violated the Geneva convention in 71 but overall their conduct was quite good. I am saying this as a son of a POW of 71, my father, 3 of my uncles (cousins of my father) and a brother of my grand father were POWs in 71. Quite a few persons of my village were POWs too in 71. I have not heard a single complain from all of them about the mistreatment by the Indians.

Of course they were prisoners of their enemy after losing a war so they were not expecting a five start treatment but nothing against the Geneva convention was reported.

If there were such individuals, it is shameful, and to be regretted.

Thank you for your report. It was honest and straightforward, and much appreciated.

As far as I know, there were killings of surrendered Pakistani soldiers, of Pakistani civilians, and of Bangladeshi supporters of the Pakistan Army, like Razakars, but these were by the Mukti Bahini. One of the reasons why Jacob took an extraordinary risk in flying into Dhaka and negotiating with Niazi was the probability that the greater proportion of these sections would have been massacred by the Mukti Bahini.

There is obvious reason. Because Indian army saved them in 1971. If they had fall on Mukti Bahini's hand none would have survived. Look how rebels mercilessly slaughter Syrian regime Army. So he had every reasons to happy.

View attachment 258385

If anyone, that man should have been handed over to the Mukti Bahni.

When shown the mirror, you people start talking about morals, what's the different between your country saints talking about alleged rapes before our times and me showing them what's happening in present day India.....not my problem if reality ends up giving some a bloody nose and as for name calling, do you need another reminder....but ni will refrain since..

"the personal attack is the last refuge of the scoundrel who has nothing of substance to say"--Edmund Burke

You don't have the morals - and ethics, while we are spraying the big words around - to refrain from distorting quotations, do you?

Is that what Burke really said, Windy? And was it Burke or Samuel Johnson?

Political views of Samuel Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1774, he printed The Patriot, a critique of what he viewed as false patriotism. On the evening of 7 April 1775, he made the famous statement, "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."[8] This line was not, as widely believed, about patriotism in general, but the false use of the term "patriotism" by John Stuart, 3rd Earl of Bute (the patriot-minister) and his supporters; Johnson opposed "self-professed patriots" in general, but valued what he considered "true" self-professed patriotism.

The area between Islamabad and Waziristan is not separated by a thousand miles of Indian territory.

The point being?

Was it India's doing that a nation was constituted with a thousand miles of some other nation in between?

If anyone, that man should have been handed over to the Mukti Bahni.

You are being unkind, @Oscar. His action finished him off, but he saved a lot of lives.

Tum sey ziada koun, jo yea bi nai janta, British never ruled over Pakistan.

WHAT?

The Pakistan that was founded by Mohammed bin Qasim? The Pakistan that actually goes back to the Indus Valley Civilization? The Pakistan that was the foundation of a 1000 years' rule?

We need to stone some text-book publishers for lying to us.

Hi,

I an sure that Niazi to his last day would look up to the heaven and ask Allah---why me----.

Fom 16th sept 1971 to 16th dec 1971 he was the CMLA of E Pakistan----only for 3 months-----. How could one commit all those sins in the waning periods of the rule---.

@kṣamā , How is the history lesson coming.:D

It's never too late to learn......

That is to be hoped for, for your sake.

Hi,

I an sure that Niazi to his last day would look up to the heaven and ask Allah---why me----.

Fom 16th sept 1971 to 16th dec 1971 he was the CMLA of E Pakistan----only for 3 months-----. How could one commit all those sins in the waning periods of the rule---.

Vintage @MastanKhan , saying what no one else is saying. I've suffered at his hands on occasion, but bless him for unflinching honesty.

That is to be hoped for, for your sake.

Vintage @MastanKhan , saying what no one else is saying. I've suffered at his hands on occasion, but bless him for unflinching honesty.
thing is all hub bul watan pakistani members are confused as to what is history actualli barring a few to them history is all about glories of islamik victories and thats it what is defete and what you can learn and improove from it is none of there concern and thats why they still beleve they won 1965 and in 1971 they dint loose but india won deu to trecherry and revolt some misguided and ungreatful east pakistanies and what Z A Bhutto , yaya khan & tikka khan and niazi did should be no concern to any of the parties ..... :sarcastic:

And i suppose fighting a thousand miles away from home with a much bigger army on the front and an elusive enemy in the back, without any air cover or benefit of logistics and supplies doesn't cut it with Indians.

Yes, but you conveniently do forget 120 men from 23 Punjab, Making minced meat out of an entire Pakistani Armored brigade and followed Infantry brigade of 2000 soldiers, not thousands of miles away, not too far from air or arty cover.... 120 men, 2 RCL Jeeps followed by IAF's turkey shoot and the rest is history.

Yes, but you conveniently do forget 120 men from 23 Punjab, Making minced meat out of an entire Pakistani Armored brigade and followed Infantry brigade of 2000 soldiers, not thousands of miles away, not too far from air or arty cover.... 120 men, 2 RCL Jeeps followed by IAF's turkey shoot and the rest is history.
that too with self loading vintage WW2 rifels and a couple of MMgs and a HMG onli and a few anty tank mines ket them bussi whole night and dint let them break in indian territorry while IAF mercilessli decsimated them in the wee hours of morning :D

that too with self loading vintage WW2 rifels and a couple of MMgs and a HMG onli and a few anty tank mines ket them bussi whole night and dint let them break in indian territorry while IAF mercilessli decsimated them in the wee hours of morning :D

JAI HIND !!!!

I find it perennially amusing when our Pakistani brothers thump their chests. See we got thrashed, but so what! You are x times bigger, y times stronger, z kilometers distance separating two halves of country, etc etc etc till an Indian like me understandably gets brain freeze.

Aree bhai, aapki matt maari gayi thi, jab pata tha yeh sab pehle se, to ungal kyu ki?

Back
Top Bottom