What's new

Indians innovate an alternative to the USB

I dont understand how it works...

can someone explain in simple terms

Like say I have a file output from 1 of the machines at work and need to analyze the data using the program in my laptop...how is this sticky note useful for that? And how is giving 1 sticky note convenient? Is the whole stack the 32 GB or whatever or a single paper?

I dont understand how it works...

can someone explain in simple terms

Like say I have a file output from 1 of the machines at work and need to analyze the data using the program in my laptop...how is this sticky note useful for that? And how is giving 1 sticky note convenient? Is the whole stack the 32 GB or whatever or a single paper?

article-2578243-1C2F9DC100000578-41_634x404.jpg

As shown in the figure the sticky part is conductive.

The thin strips would attach to the edge of your monitor where your computer could optically transfer data to them.

Aditi Singh and Parang Anand believe 32GB of storage can be achieved by placing a single layer of graphene between two flexible protective layers. Just like a sticky note, one sticky edge would carry the data via an optical data transfer, which would be built in to a computer’s monitor. Due to the low-tack, pressure sensitive adhesive, they could be reused and wouldn’t leave a residual mark behind on surfaces.

. The strips are made of Graphene which will hold the data unlike in USB's where silicon is used.

Each strip is 32 GB, more than enough to handle common usage.

aditi&parag.jpg

Last edited:
article-2578243-1C2F9DC100000578-41_634x404.jpg

As shown in the figure the sticky part is conductive.

The thin strips would attach to the edge of your monitor where your computer could optically transfer data to them.

Aditi Singh and Parang Anand believe 32GB of storage can be achieved by placing a single layer of graphene between two flexible protective layers. Just like a sticky note, one sticky edge would carry the data via an optical data transfer, which would be built in to a computer’s monitor. Due to the low-tack, pressure sensitive adhesive, they could be reused and wouldn’t leave a residual mark behind on surfaces.

. The strips are made of Graphene which will hold the data unlike in USB's where silicon is used.

Each strip is 32 GB more than enough to handle common usage.

aditi&parag.jpg

Yes I read all that...I am not a IT geek so until I see something or have used it I cant really understand the words....This is true with anything Physics/ IT related and me...My brain fails in these fields!

Yes I read all that...I am not a IT geek so until I see something or have used it I cant really understand the words....This is true with anything Physics/ IT related and me...My brain fails in these fields!

The monitor on which the sticky notes are to be glued is not an ordinary one but made to get the data from the sticky note, through the conductive sticky part ,which is in contact with the monitor.

The monitor on which the sticky notes are to be glued is not an ordinary one but made to get the data from the sticky note, through the conductive sticky part ,which is in contact with the monitor.

What about when sticky gets dirty due to the pollution in India?

That I understood but what I dont get is the space....is the space that they told (32GB) of 1 sticky note or a pile of them?

That I understood but what I dont get is the space....is the space that they told (32GB) of 1 sticky note or a pile of them?

One sticky note can hold 32 GB of data, this is possible because of Graphine !

Datastickies 'post-it notes' transfer files just by sticking them on to computer | Mail Online

What is amazing is the fact that the USB also was invented by an Indian.
indians are just master lairs... "A team including Ajay Bhatt worked on the standard at Intel;[8][9] the first integrated circuitssupporting USB were produced by Intel in 1995." ....."Ajay Bhatt rose to global celebrity as the co-inventor of USB through an Intel 2009 TV advertisement, where he was portrayed by actorSunil Narkar."

ok next question:
how is this more interesting than a pendrive?

This is a new technology which is very comfortable to use.

1) USB drive needs USB socket, where as the sticky note can be glued to any part of monitors of laptop, mobile or pad and can easily transfer data.

2014313Forget-USB-dailymail-b.jpg

2) Graphine can store large amount of data, so using data stickies is advantageous.
l_adhesive-flexible-datastickies-7739.jpg

3) Data stickies can with stand high temperatures upto 200 degree Celsius, normal memories(USB Drives) will melt at that temperatures.

How exactly it will last long? It doesn't seems to be durable. I haven't read the article.
201403010204185507.jpg

It is a 'special low-tack, pressure-sensitive adhesive' capable of being reused without leaving marks like a repositionable note, explained the designers.

Read more: Datastickies 'post-it notes' transfer files just by sticking them on to computer | Mail Online

I Think rather than glue it may consists of some micro pores which can create vacuum between the monitor surface and the conductive part. This mechanism will hold the sticky in its place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom