What's new

Indians in pictures

Continued

Indore+640.jpg

People waiting as a bus arrives at Geeta Bhavan bus stop.

indore_marathon_runners.jpg

Indore Marathon runners.

IndiaTva0bae4_FROG1.jpg

12342935.cms

17THEGMORE.jpg

To get a seat in the unreserved coach is a big accomplishment.

eid-indore-21aug12.jpg

Eid Prayers.

wt.jpg

a white tiger at indore zoo.

Continued

thumbnail.php

20110824-104938.jpg

support for Anna Hazare.

First Aid for a Truck Accident Victims

standard

Organising a seminar for Indore Management Association.

Indore-Museum.jpg

Indore Museum

thumbnail.php

a German woman Elisa Kohnlein visiting Barli Women Institue, a community service institute in Indore.

SBI-IndoreCityBus_600x525.jpg

It is being discussed whether to extend the Indore City buses to Bhopal, the capital of MP.

neelkanth-mahadev.jpeg

I recently came up on this pic of Neelkanth Mahadev Temple in Rishikesh. What struck me was that this temple is built in pucca Tamil/Dravidian architectural style with the tapering, pyramidical, gopuram with the three kalasams at the top and the colorful religious motifs decorating it. And this is in the midst of thousands of other temples which are built in local architectural style.

I find this very intriguing. A temple in faraway rishikesh built in a style that is not found unless one travels thousands of km further down south. Can somebody provide me the local history about the temple, who built it etc ?

neelkanth-mahadev.jpeg

I recently came up on this pic of Neelkanth Mahadev Temple in Rishikesh. What struck me was that this temple is built in pucca Tamil/Dravidian architectural style with the tapering, pyramidical, gopuram with the three kalasams at the top and the colorful religious motifs decorating it. And this is in the midst of thousands of other temples which are built in local architectural style.

I find this very intriguing. A temple in faraway rishikesh built in a style that is not found unless one travels thousands of km further down south. Can somebody provide me the local history about the temple, who built it etc ?

bro i dont kno about this temple but what i have been told that when sri shankracharya travelled in north india he established many temples ..... badrinath and kedarnath were established by him.... if u will go to allahabad ..... u can see many south style temples near the ghat and city too

Back
Top Bottom