What's new

Indians got India,not Hindus- MJ Akbar

Does that make him an authority over the views of 200 million Muslims, or a mere personal opinion?

Conversely, does it then mean that whatever an elected representative says needs to be taken as gospel truth that has the sanction of every citizen of the land?

Lets add some fuel to the fire:D:Mohammad Hidayatullah
Muhammad_Hidayatullah.jpg

Acting President of India,Vice President of India,Chief Justice of India

Add Abdul Hamid (Param Vir Chakra)a martyr of Indian Army for his supreme sacrifice in 1965war....

A Pakistani talking about minority rights is a joke.

Try not to justify yourselves to Pakistani's, good Indian folks. For them if a Hindu or Christian is killed in Pakistan, its halal.

The day to justify India to Pakistani's will come once they become a civilized country with rule of law and when they stop discriminating and treating non Muslims as non-Humans.

Who is MJ Akbar, an elected representative of 200 million Indian Muslims?

How does he speak at the behalf of the Indian Muslims when they haven't entrusted him with their voice?

How do we know for a fact that he is representing the Muslim narrative and is not yet another Muslim crony of India's Hindu elite?

He is an Indian Muslim, not you. o_Oo_O

To all my pakistani brothers who feel india is hindu nation.

LOL live and let live. Who cares what Pakistanis think or believe??

All Indians know the truth. That is enough.
Funny, most of our politicians in past and present were/are shias and indians open threads every other day talking about their persecution.

the pakistani members here have seriously misunderstood that GOI does not care for indian muslims.
actually muslims are given a lot of government privileges when it comes to government jobs,university admissions etc...etc
which is more privileges than which is given to any other minority community in my state.
even though i being christian, which makes me also a minority we do not get as much privileges as them

Funny, most of our politicians in past and present were/are shias and indians open threads every other day talking about their persecution.
The thread was about the serious misunderstanding of majority Pak members that Indian muslims are treated unequally in India.

Whatever you show, you cannot change the perception of our neighbor. They are taught from Std-I to Std-10 that India is a Hindu Nation.
It was just honest effort from my side...Now it's upto them to believe it or not..i already said if they don't believe "Let them live in their wonderland".....And every hindu and non hindu from india on PDF is stating the same fact.

Guys do not believe in pdf Tags which is equally to downgraded intellectuals they never miss any opportunity to turn every thread Hindu vs Muslim despite few Indians happened to Muslim are also believe in Indianism ...... There are many Indian Muslims who spent their life building this nation right from Ashfaqulla khan to APJ kalam they put the nation before their personal beliefs which is very much contrary to many Pakistanis breeds who put their religion before the land.....
Theses breeds are now a days holding Elite Think tank n professional in pdf....

Guys do not believe in pdf Tags which is equally to downgraded intellectuals they never miss any opportunity to turn every thread Hindu vs Muslim despite few Indians happened to Muslim are also believe in Indianism ...... There are many Indian Muslims who spent their life building this nation right from Ashfaqulla khan to APJ kalam they put the nation before their personal beliefs which is very much contrary to many Pakistanis breeds who put their religion before the land.....
Theses breeds are now a days holding Elite Think tank n professional in pdf....
Very well pointed out....i felt the same for past few months after i join PDF.

Who is MJ Akbar, an elected representative of 200 million Indian Muslims?

How does he speak at the behalf of the Indian Muslims when they haven't entrusted him with their voice?

How do we know for a fact that he is representing the Muslim narrative and is not yet another Muslim crony of India's Hindu elite?

There are communal problems in India. Obviously more than Pakistan but the trend is changing with education and lifestyle changes, both of which are also happening in Pakistan but in India when a radicalized Hindu or a Muslim move to a Tier I or a Tier II city to work for an IT company, they come in close contact and realize that hatred is counter-productive and unnecessary.
It kind of like what happens when indians and pakistanis meet abroad, there is not much animosity.

The point that I am trying to make here is that we are moving in to being a country with a more tolerant population. MJ akbar is an elite muslim who is a well known writer. His views as you rightly pointed out may not echo those of poor muslims from villages who have lived in a siloed environment. The trend is promising though.

You do realize that muslims like MJ Akbar can emigrate from India anytime. They dont have to please anyone.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom