What's new

Indians call Karan Thapar ‘traitor’ for praising Sartaj

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
indians-call-karan-thapar-traitor-for-praising-sartaj-1440954926-4043.jpg

NEW DELHI – A lot of Indians especially readers of The Hindustan Times newspaper showed anger and frustration and showered huge criticism on Karan Thapar – Indian journalist, television commentator and interviewer – for praising National Security and Foreign Affairs Adviser Sartaj Aziz.

In his fresh writing in the paper, Thapar asked Indian politicians to learn a lot from Sartaj Aziz, as he has many sterling qualities like a quiet dignity, a pleasing manner, a quick intelligence and an appearance of honesty. “The quality that took me by surprise and is the cause of my admiration is his astute handling of the press,” he wrote.

The Indian readers openly wrote against the seasoned journalist in their comments on the paper’s website. “Only Karan Thapar and Barkha Dutt (another Indian television journalist and columnist) have problems with India,” a reader wrote. “Indian government should treat Indian media the same way as how media is treated in Pakistan and China,” he wrote.

Some readers called Thapar and Barkha ‘idiots’ for writing what they believe in ‘favour of Pakistan’ or sharing Pakistani point of view in the Indian media. Another reader asked the Indian government to ban certain TV channels which are creating ‘social unrest’ among people and are ‘inciting violence’ in India. Some readers suggested ban on journalists like Thapar.

“I’m writing to praise Sartaj Aziz,” he said, adding that it certainly goes against the grain of the present atmosphere in India. “It’s also not what you expect of an Indian journalist when he writes about a Pakistani politician,” Thapar wrote in the paper. “The important point I want to make is that a top Pakistani politician was willing to give interview to the Indian media, even after the talks collapsed amidst acrimony and bitterness,” he said.

“You might not have agreed with him (Sartaj) but what was undeniable and, consequently, impressive is he was willing to be questioned, answered unhesitatingly and, therefore, did what democrats should do: explain, persuade, and try to convince,” he wrote.

Some readers tried to label Thapar as ‘traitor’ for airing Pakistani point of view and helping Sartaj in answering the questions, raised by him during the interview. Thapar is currently associated with the Headlines Today television channel and hosts the shows – To the Point and Nothing But The Truth.

A week has passed but not a single member of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has spoken to the media about the collapsed talks. “Our ministers have felt no need to explain, leave aside justify — and forget all about the thought of answering critics. Yet a Pakistani minister did just this. I believe that contrast speaks for itself,” Thapar wrote.

“Our minister's press conference on that crucial afternoon was specific to the point, firm, and very well presented. There is no ambiguity left for further detailed explanations,” another Indian reader wrote with his reference to a media talk of India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Sawaraj in which she clearly cancelled the talks after putting conditions for the unconditional talks.

The thing is Indians wantvtheir media to speak a continuous stream of anti-pakistan hate. This has gotten so out of control that their media has lost all control and blatantly utilizes D-grade journalism to justify their tabloid news.

It was hilarious when one of the comments stated that India media should be state controlled like pakistan media. Pakistan media is far more mature than Indian media and the distinction has become more clearer as time has passed by. Our media does not work on an agenda...

You will get such reactions when you hear what you don't want to hear. Indians want their media to spill hate and when they hear anyone write something positive about Pakistan they immediately react and start calling him traitor. In such an environment the media will only become more hostile to please the nation which in turn will become more comfortable with anti-pakistan news and will become more hostile against pakistan.

I can see Azis and Thapar getting along - quite well. Azis wants to show he is doing something and Thapar wants something that the 100 others like him are not doing. Ultimately Azis and Thapar by putting together a talked aabout show would have helped sell a few more oil cans and pickle jars on tv.

indians-call-karan-thapar-traitor-for-praising-sartaj-1440954926-4043.jpg

NEW DELHI – A lot of Indians especially readers of The Hindustan Times newspaper showed anger and frustration and showered huge criticism on Karan Thapar – Indian journalist, television commentator and interviewer – for praising National Security and Foreign Affairs Adviser Sartaj Aziz.

In his fresh writing in the paper, Thapar asked Indian politicians to learn a lot from Sartaj Aziz, as he has many sterling qualities like a quiet dignity, a pleasing manner, a quick intelligence and an appearance of honesty. “The quality that took me by surprise and is the cause of my admiration is his astute handling of the press,” he wrote.

The Indian readers openly wrote against the seasoned journalist in their comments on the paper’s website. “Only Karan Thapar and Barkha Dutt (another Indian television journalist and columnist) have problems with India,” a reader wrote. “Indian government should treat Indian media the same way as how media is treated in Pakistan and China,” he wrote.

Some readers called Thapar and Barkha ‘idiots’ for writing what they believe in ‘favour of Pakistan’ or sharing Pakistani point of view in the Indian media. Another reader asked the Indian government to ban certain TV channels which are creating ‘social unrest’ among people and are ‘inciting violence’ in India. Some readers suggested ban on journalists like Thapar.

“I’m writing to praise Sartaj Aziz,” he said, adding that it certainly goes against the grain of the present atmosphere in India. “It’s also not what you expect of an Indian journalist when he writes about a Pakistani politician,” Thapar wrote in the paper. “The important point I want to make is that a top Pakistani politician was willing to give interview to the Indian media, even after the talks collapsed amidst acrimony and bitterness,” he said.

“You might not have agreed with him (Sartaj) but what was undeniable and, consequently, impressive is he was willing to be questioned, answered unhesitatingly and, therefore, did what democrats should do: explain, persuade, and try to convince,” he wrote.

Some readers tried to label Thapar as ‘traitor’ for airing Pakistani point of view and helping Sartaj in answering the questions, raised by him during the interview. Thapar is currently associated with the Headlines Today television channel and hosts the shows – To the Point and Nothing But The Truth.

A week has passed but not a single member of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has spoken to the media about the collapsed talks. “Our ministers have felt no need to explain, leave aside justify — and forget all about the thought of answering critics. Yet a Pakistani minister did just this. I believe that contrast speaks for itself,” Thapar wrote.

“Our minister's press conference on that crucial afternoon was specific to the point, firm, and very well presented. There is no ambiguity left for further detailed explanations,” another Indian reader wrote with his reference to a media talk of India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Sawaraj in which she clearly cancelled the talks after putting conditions for the unconditional talks.

Oh come on. Karan Thapar had always been a traitor. He is not being called one now. :coffee:

A Pakistani commenting positively on India is a traitor in Pakistan and vice a versa. Nothing new here people act same way in both countries. Thapar was commenting on Sartaj's personality and was not agreeing with Pakistan's policies.

In Pakistan hamid mir can still continue his sh!tty program and Asma Jahangir can live freely despite receiving medal from BD governemnt.

In India poor Karan Thapar is called traitor just because he criticized BJP ministers for not briefing Indian media about cancellation of NSA meet. Talk about rising extremism in Indian society.

Interestingly, Karan Thapar is the son of Gen. Prannath Thapar.

If we are unable to identify the good qualities of our adversery, then we are making a mistake. I hope those who are in positions of power will not make the same mistake.

He did not criticise india. He just admired Sartaj Aziz. That is a difference which an indian mandar graduate cannot figure out.

well just lil difference. .. i forget to mention it... the same psyche exists on both sides... so

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom