What's new

Indians call Karan Thapar ‘traitor’ for praising Sartaj

Interestingly, Karan Thapar is the son of Gen. Prannath Thapar.

If we are unable to identify the good qualities of our adversery, then we are making a mistake. I hope those who are in positions of power will not make the same mistake.
You are the next..............

indians-call-karan-thapar-traitor-for-praising-sartaj-1440954926-4043.jpg

NEW DELHI – A lot of Indians especially readers of The Hindustan Times newspaper showed anger and frustration and showered huge criticism on Karan Thapar – Indian journalist, television commentator and interviewer – for praising National Security and Foreign Affairs Adviser Sartaj Aziz.

In his fresh writing in the paper, Thapar asked Indian politicians to learn a lot from Sartaj Aziz, as he has many sterling qualities like a quiet dignity, a pleasing manner, a quick intelligence and an appearance of honesty. “The quality that took me by surprise and is the cause of my admiration is his astute handling of the press,” he wrote.

The Indian readers openly wrote against the seasoned journalist in their comments on the paper’s website. “Only Karan Thapar and Barkha Dutt (another Indian television journalist and columnist) have problems with India,” a reader wrote. “Indian government should treat Indian media the same way as how media is treated in Pakistan and China,” he wrote.

Some readers called Thapar and Barkha ‘idiots’ for writing what they believe in ‘favour of Pakistan’ or sharing Pakistani point of view in the Indian media. Another reader asked the Indian government to ban certain TV channels which are creating ‘social unrest’ among people and are ‘inciting violence’ in India. Some readers suggested ban on journalists like Thapar.

“I’m writing to praise Sartaj Aziz,” he said, adding that it certainly goes against the grain of the present atmosphere in India. “It’s also not what you expect of an Indian journalist when he writes about a Pakistani politician,” Thapar wrote in the paper. “The important point I want to make is that a top Pakistani politician was willing to give interview to the Indian media, even after the talks collapsed amidst acrimony and bitterness,” he said.

“You might not have agreed with him (Sartaj) but what was undeniable and, consequently, impressive is he was willing to be questioned, answered unhesitatingly and, therefore, did what democrats should do: explain, persuade, and try to convince,” he wrote.

Some readers tried to label Thapar as ‘traitor’ for airing Pakistani point of view and helping Sartaj in answering the questions, raised by him during the interview. Thapar is currently associated with the Headlines Today television channel and hosts the shows – To the Point and Nothing But The Truth.

A week has passed but not a single member of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has spoken to the media about the collapsed talks. “Our ministers have felt no need to explain, leave aside justify — and forget all about the thought of answering critics. Yet a Pakistani minister did just this. I believe that contrast speaks for itself,” Thapar wrote.

“Our minister's press conference on that crucial afternoon was specific to the point, firm, and very well presented. There is no ambiguity left for further detailed explanations,” another Indian reader wrote with his reference to a media talk of India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Sawaraj in which she clearly cancelled the talks after putting conditions for the unconditional talks.

So those Indians are now spoke persons of india. Same way what about the news of some pakistani like Nazam shetty praising India is called Traitor by many Pakisanis on froum like PDF.

indians-call-karan-thapar-traitor-for-praising-sartaj-1440954926-4043.jpg

NEW DELHI – A lot of Indians especially readers of The Hindustan Times newspaper showed anger and frustration and showered huge criticism on Karan Thapar – Indian journalist, television commentator and interviewer – for praising National Security and Foreign Affairs Adviser Sartaj Aziz.

In his fresh writing in the paper, Thapar asked Indian politicians to learn a lot from Sartaj Aziz, as he has many sterling qualities like a quiet dignity, a pleasing manner, a quick intelligence and an appearance of honesty. “The quality that took me by surprise and is the cause of my admiration is his astute handling of the press,” he wrote.

The Indian readers openly wrote against the seasoned journalist in their comments on the paper’s website. “Only Karan Thapar and Barkha Dutt (another Indian television journalist and columnist) have problems with India,” a reader wrote. “Indian government should treat Indian media the same way as how media is treated in Pakistan and China,” he wrote.

Some readers called Thapar and Barkha ‘idiots’ for writing what they believe in ‘favour of Pakistan’ or sharing Pakistani point of view in the Indian media. Another reader asked the Indian government to ban certain TV channels which are creating ‘social unrest’ among people and are ‘inciting violence’ in India. Some readers suggested ban on journalists like Thapar.

“I’m writing to praise Sartaj Aziz,” he said, adding that it certainly goes against the grain of the present atmosphere in India. “It’s also not what you expect of an Indian journalist when he writes about a Pakistani politician,” Thapar wrote in the paper. “The important point I want to make is that a top Pakistani politician was willing to give interview to the Indian media, even after the talks collapsed amidst acrimony and bitterness,” he said.

“You might not have agreed with him (Sartaj) but what was undeniable and, consequently, impressive is he was willing to be questioned, answered unhesitatingly and, therefore, did what democrats should do: explain, persuade, and try to convince,” he wrote.

Some readers tried to label Thapar as ‘traitor’ for airing Pakistani point of view and helping Sartaj in answering the questions, raised by him during the interview. Thapar is currently associated with the Headlines Today television channel and hosts the shows – To the Point and Nothing But The Truth.

A week has passed but not a single member of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has spoken to the media about the collapsed talks. “Our ministers have felt no need to explain, leave aside justify — and forget all about the thought of answering critics. Yet a Pakistani minister did just this. I believe that contrast speaks for itself,” Thapar wrote.

“Our minister's press conference on that crucial afternoon was specific to the point, firm, and very well presented. There is no ambiguity left for further detailed explanations,” another Indian reader wrote with his reference to a media talk of India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Sawaraj in which she clearly cancelled the talks after putting conditions for the unconditional talks.

A Pakistani newspaper writing an article about Indian Journalist? No wonder this article should be full of anti-Indians venom.
How many people commented against the journalist? How many actually commented on the article? How many people have actually comments against both the article and the journalist? Has this research been done before reaching to conclusion that INDIANs are calling him traitor? Mind it, we use are generalizing a concept then it should be a large chunk of population (even if it is just online population). But no, just few random posts cherry picked by Pakistani newspaper who are always eager to increase their sale by Indian bashing, has led this newspaper convinently label whole India and Indians calling this guy a traitor.

More over, What Karan thapar was doing not praising but comparing. Has he done the comparing, there would not be any problem, but comparing our FM and then try to diminish her is the problem with the reader. You can go and sing songs of praise for your opponents but then use that to criticize your own government where as that is far from truth is not acceptable.

More over, these english class journalist be it Arnab, Karan, Rajdeep, Sagarika, Barkha are hell bound in destroying the actual flavor of India. They are so congress loyal that if permitted they just focus on Congress praise and nothing else and will not leave any stone unturn to project BJP government into negative light.

Lucknow is our land and we decide if it should go to India or Pakistan. I choose Pakistan.
Sir, Please... Already Pakistan is agitated from last 69 years for Kashmir, still Kashmir to le nahi paaye aap, Abhi lucknow maang rahe ho....

Chill...!! Its good to praise your opponent.. only a fool will undermine an enemy... in this scenario both are gentlemen and nice to show good gesture....

Chill...!! Its good to praise your opponent.. only a fool will undermine an enemy... in this scenario both are gentlemen and nice to show good gesture....

In Pakistan hamid mir can still continue his sh!tty program and Asma Jahangir can live freely despite receiving medal from BD governemnt.

In India poor Karan Thapar is called traitor just because he criticized BJP ministers for not briefing Indian media about cancellation of NSA meet. Talk about rising extremism in Indian society.
:rofl: These are the people who actually give rants to Pakistanis when we ban anti Pakistan movies!

I ill not call em traitor but a chu....a .... pakistanis themselves make fun of sartaj.

Indians are hypocrites. They call Karan Thapar a traitor just for praising Sartaj Aziz but cry when we ban anti-Pakistan movies...!!! Get a life fellows...stop dual standards and hypocrisy.

LoL @ Hindutava and RSS nutcases!

Even though Karan Thapar is 99.9% very critical of Pakistan, but hey 0.0001% something unusual and these §$%&§ go banana! :lol:

Indians hamesha say aisay hee thay, tang dil,choti soch. Issi leay we rejected n left them in 47.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom