What's new

Indians arrested for Facebook post on Mumbai shutdown

Nobody would have given two hoots had the same thing happened two days after. That day was a very sensitive day and even a small rrumour could have wreaked havoc on Mumbai and the community that would hav suffered the most would be muslims.

Hope the girl is released without any charges and this thing is closed.

This is a nation where even gods are criticized. I am not going into the achievements or not of Thackerey. This is total BS pulled off by some sychophant cop. This is contrary to the freedom of speech guaranteed in the constitution.

Sadly article 66A revoked that right.

Nobody would have given two hoots had the same thing happened two days after. That day was a very sensitive day and even a small rrumour could have wreaked havoc on Mumbai and the community that would hav suffered the most would be muslims.

Hope the girl is released without any charges and this thing is closed.

Sadly article 66A revoked that right.

But the sad part is that now every one knows about the girl & her family, her pic was all over the news, do u think that there family can now remain the same as they were before this incident???

doc - Look at the TOI comments for the news of this girl's arrest. Do you see a riot based on those comments? Cmon doc - this is not fair. My other question is why the cops did not apply the same law for Katju? Or Katju can comment because of his position while the girl can't?

Each and every political leader have their own set of emotional followers - So does that mean one can't comment about Mamta or Rahul or Mulayam or Mayawathi as well? I am curious on what your position is.

Anna you are not understanding the situation - Ok read the following and tell me what you would if you were the Police commissioner of Mumbai.

- The Sainiks think Bal Thackeray as their God. He says die, they die..he says kill, they kill.

- there were about 2.5 million Sainiks on the roads on that day and the police were literally walking on egg shells not knowing when the the grief of the sainiks would burst out as rage and rioting.

- The relationship between Muslims (a majority) and Shiv Sena especially in the context of 92,93 is very well known. Rumours are there that after Azad Maidan Shiv sena was ready to retaliate at the grass roots level, but was ordered down by Balasaheb after the police commissioner talked to him.

- this girl was a Muslim

- in this age of cell phones and what not, one small rumour that muslims were celebrating Balasaheb's death has the potential to spread like wildfire, thus putting the lives of thousands - again muslims - in danger.

- it would not have been a riot, it would have been a carnage.

Now tell me in this situation what would you do ? Tell me honestly from the perspective of a police commissioner in a city of India and not as an American who knows the first amendment by-heart. I cant argue with ABCDs who have not been in India.. but you should be knowing these things. Things roll differently here. Was not TN completely shut down and dozens killed in riots ensuing after Dr.MGR died ? Idealism is good, but a good dose of pragmatism is always better.

But the sad part is that now every one knows about the girl & her family, her pic was all over the news, do u think that there family can now remain the same as they were before this incident???

Our media is shitty man. Those idiots even release the pics of young girls who are raped without thinking about the girl's future. They are like vultures circling over a carrion. All they want is a breaking news and some TRP.

People sentiments sometime defies logic .. Dos donts right wrongs differ according to the situation ..it is not right to degrade a dead man infront of his son on funeral day ..

The girl is muslim. Her police detention calm nerves and of course helped her safety.

EXACTLY!

Yesterday when I was debating with you guys, I did not know she was Muslim.

For a moment I actually thought with a name like Shaheen Dhada, that she was a loudmouth Parsi.

Then I discovered that she was Muslim. An educated one. Her dad or uncle is the President of the IMA. And her friend who "thanked" her was a south Indian Hindu.

Stupid stupid stupid girl.

What more can I say on this topic?

Well I think COPs might have saved them by arresting. Playing with emotions of the aggressive people in worst possible time is really really a bad idea.

Freedom of speech should be upheld no doubt but we all should take care that such freedom won't start a full scale riot

Dear doc, i think you are a very learned man, you should not take stand on this matter. this is absolutely an assassination of right to freedom of expression. .

Assasination of freedom of expression was already done by section 66A. No need to assasinate something that is already dead.

Well I think COPs might have saved them by arresting. Playing with emotions of the aggressive people in worst possible time is really really a bad idea.

Freedom of speech should be upheld no doubt but we all should take care that such freedom won't start a full scale riot

This is exactly what happened.

There was a mob heading for the clinic.

The police locked the family inside, with cops patrolling outside.

And whisked the girl away to the station.

This was around midnight - and now women's right nutters are jumping like retards at how a young girl is being taken to the station post 10 pm.

Nuts man!

Now the news is both girls have been moved out of the city to a safe location, in spite of a apology by her on friggin face friggin Book.

Stupid kid.

utter BS...... every one has the right to express their opinion........
shiv sena goons has to be arrested for this

Why would SS be arrested for police arresting a girl ?

Do read the topic before butting in with irrelevant talk.

Arm chair idealists, before you prattle away your constitutional awareness put yourself in the shoe of the police commissioner of Mumbai, whose only aim is to prevent loss of life and property, and tell what you would have done in that scenario.

The ghost of Bal Thakre will keep haunting Mumbaikars for some time. We are eagerly waiting for the death of Shiv Sena. Until then no respite from this mara mar and thod phod

You will wish Balasaheb lived for few more years after seeing Raj T in action. This is a party with one of the most extensive grass roots level organization that one can find. In the best case it will re-invent itself under Uddhav and in the worst case it will simply shift to Raj T.

Remember energy cannot be destroyed..it can only be transformed from one form to another.

This is exactly what happened.

There was a mob heading for the clinic.

The police locked the family inside, with cops patrolling outside.

And whisked the girl away to the station.

This was around midnight - and now women's right nutters are jumping like retards at how a young girl is being taken to the station post 10 pm.

Nuts man!

Now the news is both girls have been moved out of the city to a safe location, in spite of a apology by her on friggin face friggin Book.

Stupid kid.
Dam she is screwed. Its better she don't come back to city for a good time period. Even female Shiv-Sainiks cause a considerable harm. I feel pitty for her family. One unnecessary comment and so much problems. God bless them and may Sainiks forgive them - it's unlikely though

KS Raj is not a bad guy.

He is educated, progressive, and articulate. And blunt.

He is what Rahul Gandhi should have been at the national level.

He is a modern day version of his uncle.

In many ways he is a mirror of my generation of Indians.

His uncle was a mirror of young Indians from the days of the Partition.

His nephew is a mirror of what Pakistan will be dealing with tomorrow.

Dam she is screwed. Its better she don't come back to city for a good time period. Even female Shiv-Sainiks cause a considerable harm. I feel pitty for her family. One unnecessary comment and so much problems. God bless them and may Sainiks forgive them - it's unlikely though

dahhh Shiv Sainks should read ToI comments section and they will find more taregts.

Seems with death of thackray Shiv Sena lost a big loud mouth and they will need such provocations for keeping the religious extremist party alive

KS Raj is not a bad guy.

I did not say he is bad. But he is aggressive because he needs to create that aura which his uncle enjoyed. Strange as it might seem, Bal T was a reining in factor which is not there now.

Any possibility of BJP-SS-MNS forming a combined "communal front" :lol: in the next elections???

Back
Top Bottom