What's new

Indians: A lost cause? | Malaysia Today

As I said before work on your comprehension skills.....no one is talking about the British. :cuckoo:

Then, in that case you need to work upon your history and analytical skills .:cuckoo:

Your roots belong there only.:lol:

Hope Indian Govt. Takes necessary steps to solve this problem.

why dont all hindus from Malaysia to India, I seen all India voicing their support to 15 Pakistani hindu families who visited India and asked for asylum because they were robbed...do the same with Malaysian Hindus, all of them

why dont all hindus from Malaysia to India, I seen all India voicing their support to 15 Pakistani hindu families who visited India and asked for asylum because they were robbed...do the same with Malaysian Hindus, all of them

Because malaysian people are moderate and are not driven by Hatred. This issue can be solved through talks.

Pakistan is a unique case, you people are hate driven and things won't change with talks.

I partially agree with you here - I think the situation is similar to SL - These Malaysian Indians are mostly indentured laborers who went to Malaysia during the British times while the rest were either recent immigrants or gone there centuries back and living there since the Chola period. Like how there was a Sirimavo-Shastri pact in 1960s where part of the Estate Tamilians were granted citizenship in SL and remaining were given Indian passports same can be done.

But my question back to you - there are "Indian" muslims and other non-Malay musims who are discriminated against as well - Would you take them back to Pakistan(as these muslims went before 1947) or leave them in lurch like Rohingyas? (If you ask me the question, I would say get back the "Indian" Muslims back as well)

But my question back to you - there are "Indian" muslims and other non-Malay musims who are discriminated against as well - Would you take them back to Pakistan(as these muslims went before 1947) or leave them in lurch like Rohingyas? (If you ask me the question, I would say get back the "Indian" Muslims back as well)

Sorry can you expound on that a bit more !

Sorry can you expound on that a bit more !

Because these are effectively "Indian" muslims who went before 1947 during British period, these muslims should be represented as belonging to Pakistan or India drawing a parallel with the 1960s Sirimavo Bhandaranaike-Lal Bahadur Shastri pact to solve the Estate Tamilians/Malayalees or Indian tamilians/Malayalees who went to Sri Lanka during British period. Part of these tamilians/Malayalees were given Indian citizenship.

Now my question is would Pakistan claim these muslims as their own?

Indians coming to Muslim countries demanding more rights, demanding the culture be changed, and pushing their Hinduism in Malaysia; Malaysians are fed up with illegal Indians and the Hinduism they are peddling into Malaysia. Malaysia does not give citizenship to many of them either. They should be deported back to their country.

Malaysia is a progressive developing Muslim country, it does not need to be turned into India.

Indians need to stop bringing themselves to Muslim countries, the Muslims simply don't like them.

It seems that so many here are unable to comprehend that being an "Indian" means you are likely to be a Hindu or a Sikh or a Muslim or a Christian or a Buddhist etc etc. Using "Indian" as a synonym for "Hindu" is absurd.

Are you saying Indian Muslims are not welcome in Muslim lands?

Who died and made you in charge of Malaysian Hindus???

Because these are effectively "Indian" muslims who went before 1947 during British period, these muslims should be represented as belonging to Pakistan or India drawing a parallel with the 1960s Sirimavo Bhandaranaike-Lal Bahadur Shastri pact to solve the Estate Tamilians/Malayalees or Indian tamilians/Malayalees who went there during British period. Part of these tamilians/Malayalees were given Indian citizenship.

Now my question is would Pakistan claim these muslims as their own?

Why would we claim these Muslims as our own or why would you for that matter ? Nor can I understand the logic behind that Tamilian thing either ? I could understand if the British Government took the lot of them in because before '47 it was British India but what would the Dominion of India or the Dominion of Pakistan let alone our two Republics in the now owe to someone who was never our citizen to begin with ?

Why would we claim these Muslims as our own or why would you for that matter ? Nor can I understand the logic behind that Tamilian thing either ? I could understand if the British Government took the lot of them in because before '47 it was British India but what would the Dominion of India or the Dominion of Pakistan let alone our two Republics in the now owe to someone who was never our citizen to begin with ?

I see your rational behavior at play and I commend you for that but it happened where SL immediately denied citizenship post-independence for Indian Tamilians/Malayalees who were living there for decades and were working in their tea estates and rubber plantations and India stepped in and gave these Indian Tamilians/Malayalees citizenship to many of them.

In this case, I was a responding to a troll question and raised the question back at him drawing a parallel to the above situation.

Good post.

This is why China did not stir up trouble there, after the anti-Chinese pogroms in Malaysia and Indonesia a few decades back.

Because they were never our citizens to begin with. They left China hundreds of years ago. Though it makes me happy to see that they still kept their Chinese culture and language even after hundreds of years.

Good post.

This is why we did not stir up trouble, after the anti-Chinese pogroms in Malaysia and Indonesia a few decades back.

Because they were never our citizens to begin with. They left China hundreds of years ago. Though it makes me happy to see that they still kept their Chinese culture and language even after hundreds of years.

They have really unique accents though when speaking Chinese.

CD - it depends on how individual countries react and I am happy how India has reacted so far and you seem to be happy with the China's position with various incidents.

As I stated above, India signed the Sirimavo-Shastri pact in 1960s to address the Indians issue who left few decades back. Likewise it broke off the diplomatic ties with Burma when Indian Burmese were persecuted and many were thrown back in 1960s.

For China, in the similar situation in 1960s when the Junta started persecuting and eliminated Chinese Burmese, China choose to remain quiet.

In short, to each their own.

I know some Malaysian Chinese, here is the ethnic situation in Malaysia:

Malays - Form around 60% of the population, are disliked by the other two groups because they receive extra help from the state as "children of the soil" and therefore dominate the government bureaucracy and leadership.

Chinese - Form around 25% of the population, are disliked by the other two groups because they are seen as greedy, and they dominate the vast majority of the Malaysian economy. (Chinese are called the Jews of Southeast Asia).

Indians - Form about 7% of the population, and are disliked by the other two groups because they are seen to be untrustworthy, and generally immigrated to Malaysia later than the Malays or the Chinese.

From a Malaysian source:

Session 3: Race and race relations in Malaysia - TehTarik

That's from their own surveys.
@Chinese-Dragon

Yes you have pretty much nailed it...Each is fed up with the other group....However, this is limited to SOME areas and the thinking of the people, how they are brought up rather....

Have any of you shouting on behalf of Malaysia EVER been there?
:pop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom