What's new

Indian women want mates who can cook, online survey says

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesolar65

Reaction score
Country
India
MUMBAI: Men who ponder the eternal puzzle about what it is women really want may finally have the answer.

An online poll by a matrimonial website asked Indian women what they seek from a prospective spouse. An overwhelming 39.5% said that they expect their men to know how to cook while 51.2% wished they would help with household chores.

The list of turn-offs was obvious. Around 46% respondents took home a negative impression of men who were rude with service personnel, while 39% said their would-be partner should not be distracted by his cellphone during a conversation.

Psychiatrist Anjali Chhabria says her pre-marital counselling workshops throw up similar findings. "We ask men and women to voice their expectations so that the possibility of friction arising after marriage is reduced. After all, the woman no longer fulfils merely the traditional role of homemaker. Her responsibilities have expanded to include an equal career, supporting household finances and managing the children's schoolwork. She feels that if both partners return home from work at the same hour, it would be unfair for the man to flop down before the TV while the woman heads for the kitchen."

Chhabria says this simmering resentment can give rise to discord down the road when couples compare individual incomes. "The husband may feel he works 12 hours a day but the wife will say she works 14 doing household chores," she said. "Fortunately, modern men do treat women as equals and are not averse to learning how to cook."

In fact a schoolteacher was recently telling me how several boys had also signed up for cookery class, motivated by a reality show involving schoolchildren."

Gourav Rakshit, chief operating officer of Shaadi.com which conducted the survey, said, "When women were asked about the must-haves in a relationship, 48.2% wanted a person who treated them respectfully. Around 40% sought a partner who valued the woman's job and 9.3% wanted their partner to be okay with their financial independence."

Asked what they expect from men when they meet for the first time, 55.6% said "chivalry" while 19.3% wanted the gentleman to "be okay if the woman wants to pay the bill".

Indian women want mates who can cook, online survey says - Times Of India

@levina, @Alpha1 , @Flamingo , @Janmejay @joekrish @jbgt90 @desert warrior @Armstrong @faithfulguy @BDforever @Srinivas @Ayush @Yzd Khalifa (don't always be angry) @Nair saab @confound thinker @scorpionx @Guynextdoor2 @IND151 @IndoCarib @[Bregs] and others who I may have missed.

I am posting this again in members club as my previous same thread was closed as I posted in world affairs. The members who thanked need not do it again, just I want to hear all the comments and reactions.

Does the women of other Countries also think same? And want honest confessions from PDF members(men) who cannot cook and who can and what?. Because if you cannot cook, leave aside your wife/GFs, you will remain hungry!!

Last edited:
@thesolar65 I am a good cook, it is like an art for me apart from some amateur oil paintings(need to learn more .... :D).

I can cook veg/non veg/chinese ...... what not ....... :)

My mother and sisters say my cooking tastes good.....:). I cook on good occasions just to make the occasion special.

@thesolar65 I am a good cook, it is like an art for me apart from some amateur oil paintings(need to learn more .... :D).

I can cook veg/non veg/chinese ...... what not ....... :)

My mother and sisters say my cooking tastes good.....:).

And there goes the saying that men who cooks good are always Mama's Boy!!.....:P

And there goes the saying that men who cooks good are always Mama's Boy!!.....:P

I am not a Mama's boy, But I learned cooking because I used to stay in hostels, PG's etc....etc,...,I prefer home food. Initially my health was not good because of change of food when I stayed in Hyd, from then on I started learning to cook during my masters,Until then I do not know how to cook :). Every one who migrate to places in search of jobs knows how to cook in AP AFAIK.

I tend to learn new things and I am a quick learner, interested in Arts.

I am not a Mama's boy, But I learned cooking because I used to stay in hostels, PG's etc....etc,...,I prefer home food. Initially my health was not good because of change of food when I stayed in Hyd, from then on I started learning to cook during my masters,Until then I do not know how to cook :). Every one who migrate to places in search of jobs knows how to cook in AP AFAIK.

Actually I also learned cooking because of my staying alone during my first 2 years of job at VSP, then at a power plant. I cannot cook Chinese but excellent Odia food, both veg and Non-Veg. well, this proves that situation makes men good cook!!

Actually I also learned cooking because of my staying alone during my first 2 years of job at VSP, then at a power plant. I cannot cook Chinese but excellent Odia food, both veg and Non-Veg. well, this proves that situation makes men good cook!!

I am native of VZM just 60 Km from there, good to know you worked in VSP :cheers:

I am native of VZM just 60 Km from there, good to know you worked in VSP :cheers:

I worked there during my trainee time, during construction time. I left the job for a better one after the 1st Godavari Blast furnace was commissioned.

Okayyyy
Guys let me first tell you that i am married to a guy who can cook.:-)
And it does him good on weekends when i go on flash strikes.(we both are pure angels on weekdays:angel:...we fight only and only on weekends:devil:)

So my list would be

1)broadminded -check
2) understanding- check
(Understanding here mostly means he isnt very demanding,he understands that i can be as tired as him.)
3) Sharing chores- check.

I am a fiercely independent person and my hubby never had any qualms about it.So thats another plus.

Now if i were to list out the negatives....well the 3 mobiles around him are the biggest turnoffs.And how he can completely ignore me during the IPL season.:angry:

But if i were to tote up then i would say i am married to the perfect guy whom i can annoy for the rest for my life.:devil:

Okayyyy
And it does him good on weekends when i go on flash strikes.(we both are pure angels on weekdays:angel:...we fight only and only on weekends:devil:)

So my list would be

1)broadminded -check
2) understanding- check
(Understanding here mostly means he isnt very demanding,he understands that i can be as tired as him.)
3) Sharing chores- check.

I am a fiercely independent person and my hubby never had any qualms about it.So thats another plus.

Now if i were to list out the negatives....well the 3 mobiles around him are the biggest turnoffs.And how he can completely ignore me during the IPL season.:angry:

But if i were to tote up then i would say i am married to the perfect guy whom i can annoy for the rest for my life.:devil:

:cheers: for that.

Okayyyy
And it does him good on weekends when i go on flash strikes.

Exactly, my cooking also improved because of "flash strikes, Migraine"

And my wife is a gourmet style cooking expert!! 
i can make
pizza
maggi
tea
coffee
chapati
crush shakes :D
so now.. :cool::dirol:

Well, enough to not remain hungry on any given day!!

Exactly, my cooking also improved because of "flash strikes, Migraine"
Well what really "worked" for him was that i am a vegetarian and hes a complete non veg.
So when i cook nonveg he has to "help" me. :smokin:

Btw "migraine" sounds like a good idea too.:victory1: 
Kisi ko dhamakedaar Mutton Curry khani ho toh batana....:enjoy:

Ohhh so after eating your mutton curry i am sure khanewale ke muh mein and stomach mein zaroor dhamaka hota hoga.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom