What's new

Indian truckers stop essential supplies to Bhutan

I have no intention for anything. It's my opinion that a country, large or small, should have its own sovereignty if it's so desired. As I said on my first post, no country should rely on one single country alone for its strategic supplies. When Myanmar diversifies away from China there were no counter opinions that say she shouldn't, was there? Even within China, one hardly hear the word betrayals by Myanmar.

This is the 21st century and Bhutan will always be poor and backward, and relies on India, if she doesn't open herself up for trade with other countries. It's also in India's interests Bhutan becomes a healthy and self sufficient independent country in more ways than one. The days of client state gives a foul smell in the international community.

Compared to North Korea, Bhutan is in much better state. China always had greedy eye on neighbour's territory, you did same with Bhutan.

Not only that. All this talk of a trade link with China is baloney as there are no roads connecting Bhutan with China.

And constructing these which would need to be two way all weather roads at the least, will cost the earth as well as years to construct considering the inhospitable terrain.

Talking is one thing. But realities are another ball game altogether.

Reality is China has vast experience and resources of building road and rail network through Himalayan regions in Tibet and elsewhere. China is trying to extend road and rail network to Nepal. So it would not be any more difficult for China to extend that to a strategically important region of Bhutan. But for india with limited know how and resources it is and will be difficult to imagine.

Compared to North Korea, Bhutan is in much better state. China always had greedy eye on neighbour's territory, you did same with Bhutan.

India controlled and undermined Bhutan independence, undermined Nepal independence, occupied Sikkim and Kashmir - what kind of india has, war mongering expansionist eye with colonial agenda at heart.

India controlled and undermined Bhutan independence, undermined Nepal independence, occupied Sikkim and Kashmir - what kind of india has, war mongering expansionist eye with colonial agenda at heart.

Though Bhutan is an independent and sovereign state, India is in virtual occupation of the country. It has its forces stationed inside Bhutan under the garb of training. Their main purpose is to keep a check on Bhutan if it decides to part ways and also to counter Chinese military thrust from Bhutan in case of a war.

I think all this control is going to become less and less because of Indian intransigent and hegemonic attitude. India is gradually going to lose its earlier assured and taken for granted security even from its very small neighbours.

Bangladesh and Nepal are gradually going their own way and in time, even Bhutan may have to do the same.

India is in virtual occupation of the country
Virtual occupation is wrong word to describe it.I would rather say India owns bhutan its just a matter of time it will swallow bhutan like sikkim.

I'm not arguing on the behalf of China but on Bhutan and my only argument is: A country should not relies its strategic resources on one country alone. Nothing more and nothing less.

BTW, as I just said, North Korea economic difficulties is not China's doing but rather the faults of the hermit regime and international sanctions. In fact, for decades, China has been urging them for economic reforms and also has been supporting them with basic food. Of course you're probably knew that and trying to pull my legs here since I consider you a more rational and informed member in this forum.

Virtual occupation is wrong word to describe it.I would rather say India owns bhutan its just a matter of time it will swallow bhutan like sikkim.

Well, in that case Bhutan will benefit :lol:

But on a serious note, India-Bhutan relations are not that bad. Infact in 2007 we signed a treaty that gave them more sovereignty.

Are you sad that India never let Chinese to swallow these territories. :lol:

Though Bhutan is an independent and sovereign state, India is in virtual occupation of the country. It has its forces stationed inside Bhutan under the garb of training. Their main purpose is to keep a check on Bhutan if it decides to part ways and also to counter Chinese military thrust from Bhutan in case of a war.

I think all this control is going to become less and less because of Indian intransigent and hegemonic attitude. India is gradually going to lose its earlier assured and taken for granted security even from its very small neighbours.

Bangladesh and Nepal are gradually going their own way and in time, even Bhutan may have to do the same.

We have treaty with Bhutan, we have saved Bhutan from becoming fodder of China.

No, I am exposing indian expansionist and colonial activities and habit to hide behind China, US and anyone indians can latch on to.

Small countries like BD meant to serve big countries like China, no problem with your comment. :enjoy:

Small countries like BD meant to serve big countries like China, no problem with your comment. :enjoy:

This topic of indian defacto aggression on Bhutan by means of blaock traspost of goods of a land lock country has nothing to do with Bangladesh. Once again Bangladesh is not the shade hide indian criminal acts against Bhutan or any other neighboring countries.

This topic of indian defacto aggression on Bhutan by means of blaock traspost of goods of a land lock country has nothing to do with Bangladesh. Once again Bangladesh is not the shade hide indian criminal acts against Bhutan or any other neighboring countries.

Government never stop the route, there are alternate entry point from Assam or Arunachal Pradesh. In few years we will have rail connectivity with Bhutan, so such problem won't occur. Bhutan has deep relations with India, others are just trying to poke.

Government never stop the route

But

1) indian govt undermined Bhutanese sovereignty and violated intl law by acting indifferent and supporting the stoppage of transport tacitly.

2) indian govt did not take any steps to punish these criminal acts by indians while indian drivers were committing crime and disregarding Bhutanese law.

Nice try but iindian expansionist and colonial acts can be hidden.

But

1) indian govt undermined Bhutanese sovereignty and violated intl law by acting indifferent and supporting the stoppage of transport tacitly.

2) indian govt did not take any steps to punish these criminal acts by indians while indian drivers were committing crime and disregarding Bhutanese law.

Nice try but iindian expansionist and colonial acts can be hidden.

Read the news properly instead of poonting. Both countries are in contact with each other.

Are you sad that India never let Chinese to swallow these territories. :lol:

We have treaty with Bhutan, we have saved Bhutan from becoming fodder of China.

That is a funny statement. To save them from becoming a fodder of another country, make it your own fodder and let its people to starve because Indian drivers had gone on a strike.

Please go sell you junk thinking to some one else.

Back
Top Bottom