What's new

Indian troops fire shots at AJK PM’s helicopter

If helicopter was 250 meters from LOC, how did it "came into indian airspace" then? It wasn't 250 meters into Indian airspace but 250 meters from its own limit. It was still flying within its rightful boundaries.

Nope Helicopters are not allowed within 1 km of the LOC and it did cross the LOC, luckily for your prime minister, it was only small arms fire to deter the intrusion.

https://www.ndtv.com/video/news/new...n-airspace-tried-to-shoot-it-down-army-495121

An ATC doesn't mean it's civilian. This zone must be categorized as MATZ (Military air traffic zone).

Ah, so you mean to say that ATC is only in Civil? Who controls the military air traffic then? Please do educate sir.

But still a controller is needed to communicate, so to avoid their own aircraft. If you don't have an understanding of how it works stop coming up with made up answers.

Surely, I do not know ..... would love to learn from you sir!

Really a wind direction changes approach for a helicopter.

Ooops!!! My bad! I am sure that the helicopters fly in vacuums and the winds do not affect them especially in the higher reaches of the Pir Panjals and Greater Himalayas, where the winds shift constantly and tail winds and head winds have no bearing on a helicopter, at times, trying to land on a ledge!

My apologies ... o' wise one!

You must be some genius.

Clearly am not. There can be only one in this interaction and you have claimed the mantle sir.

If you mean wind just blew the copter onto the other side than you don't know how pre flight planning is done. You have to take into account wind direction and apply magnetic variation.

Did I say wind direction blow it across? Do reference it if so.

And what is this:

Really a wind direction changes approach for a helicopter.

and then you write this?

You have to take into account wind direction and apply magnetic variation.

So, what is it? Wind ....?

I can guarantee you even if I fly a PA38 over here on VFR rules their is no chance I'll cross over to the other side inadvertently.

@Bilal Khan 777

Sir. As you are a veteran, would really urge you to consider this gentleman's prospects in Pakistan Air Force or Army Aviation ..... I, as an adversary, would be glad to recommend him too.

Finally Military Aerodromes are designed in a way to make them useful from ever direction and all the military aircraft have much higher crosswind landing capabilities than civilian.

Let me get this straight - you have "military aerodromes" at your forward posts?

Man ... how long have I been away from here? This is an unique find!

@Sam. @Abingdonboy @jbgt90 @nair @Roybot @Gessler @Dash

If helicopter was 250 meters from LOC, how did it "came into indian airspace" then? It wasn't 250 meters into Indian airspace but 250 meters from its own limit. It was still flying within its rightful boundaries.

The bilateral agreement inked in 1991 between India and Pak states that "rotary-wing aircraft" will not fly within 1-km and "fixed-wing aircraft" (fighters, bombers and reconnaissance planes) within 10-km of each other's airspace.

Nope Helicopters are not allowed within 1 km of the LOC and it did cross the LOC, luckily for your prime minister, it was only small arms fire to deter the intrusion.

https://www.ndtv.com/video/news/new...n-airspace-tried-to-shoot-it-down-army-495121

So you are agreeing it wasn't in Indian airspace. For coming into 1 KM to LOC, you can raise objection but if India had harmed it, it would've been in serious trouble. Hitting a Pakistani aircraft inside Pakistani airspace would mean an act of war.

Lucky for you, that only small arms are being used, or your AJK prime minister would have been dead.
Better find out what happened with your former Gujrat energy minister, his white dhoti became his saving grace . :lol:

The bilateral agreement inked in 1991 between India and Pak states that "rotary-wing aircraft" will not fly within 1-km and "fixed-wing aircraft" (fighters, bombers and reconnaissance planes) within 10-km of each other's airspace.

Sure, I hope both sides respect that agreement - but existence of that agreement doesn't make 10KM of Pakistani airspace an Indian airspace. Your media is lying to Indians that Pakistani helicopter "violated LOC" or "entered into Indian airspace". It didn't. Start speaking some truth. Try at least.

So you are agreeing it wasn't in Indian airspace. For coming into 1 KM to LOC, you can raise objection but if India had harmed it, it would've been in serious trouble. Hitting a Pakistani aircraft inside Pakistani airspace would mean an act of war.

No, your prime minister's helicopter did cross the LOC briefly, after which it was fired upon by small arms, it turned back.
Check the link i posted.

Sure, I hope both sides respect that agreement - but existence of that agreement doesn't make 10KM of Pakistani airspace an Indian airspace. Your media is lying to Indians that Pakistani helicopter "violated LOC" or "entered into Indian airspace". It didn't. Start speaking some truth. Try at least.

Your own media is also reporting that your heli crossed the LOC.

it seems prime minister of azad kashmir use AW-139 chopper

pakistan_dec2005_1m.pakistan_dec2005_1m

On one side, your media is saying it came within 300 meters of LOC, but rest of it is calling it violation of Indian airspace. You guys are again confused as you were in "no evidence surgical strike".

Watch NDTV speaking this nonsense.
upload_2018-9-30_21-33-49.png

Ah, so you mean to say that ATC is only in Civil? Who controls the military air traffic then? Please do educate sir.
As I said ATC doesn't mean it's only for civilian traffic. It controls air traffic hence one is present over there as well.
Ooops!!! My bad! I am sure that the helicopters fly in vacuums and the winds do not affect them especially in the higher reaches of the Pir Panjals and Greater Himalayas, where the winds shift constantly and tail winds and head winds have no bearing on a helicopter, at times, trying to land on a ledge!

My apologies ... o' wise one!
I'm talking about approach. Helicopters are not affected by crosswinds on approach of an aerodrome cause they can change directions as compared to Aeroplanes which have to land on the runway and thus being affected by crosswinds.
If an Aircraft is flying on a certain altitude then all the wind would to do is push them off course. Which can be countered by applying course correction to the intended Direction.
Wind affects the aircraft most when it takes off or lands. Once it sets on course all you need is to follow your pre flight planned route which obviously takes into account wind speed and direction.
So, what is it? Wind ....?
I was talking about Magnetic variation, which also needs to be applied to the intended direction. The course you calculate before hand is True direction and the one you use during flight is Magnetic Direction.
Once you apply magnetic variation to the true heading it becomes magnetic heading which can be set on your DI once airborne.
Sir. As you are a veteran, would really urge you to consider this gentleman's prospects in Pakistan Air Force or Army Aviation ..... I, as an adversary, would be glad to recommend him too.
No I'm no expert, but these are basics. I learned to fly in UK and the airspace in UK is very busy. You have to stay on course and maintain altitude and can't deviate much from it. Otherwise the air traffic controller gets real mad at you.
But these are all civilian pilots and the one in Kashmir are experts in their field with very advanced training and for them to get off course like this is not believable. They are very good at what they do. So no question that they just fly into enemy territory without noticing where they are going.
Let me get this straight - you have "military aerodromes" at your forward posts?
No we do not but you are the one suggesting they cross over for a better approach.

I can go on with this non coherent discussion forever, but neither one of us is going to benefit from this. So I end it here.
Good Day.

Last edited:
They are just testing the bhartis. Even Pakistan Army know indian military is like a dog that barks with weak health. They knew about the helicopter and did not shoot it down because they know the price of escalation. They tell their chuttiya awam stories and how they are brave, but reality is they don't want conflict.
Indian military is professional as we & others. No need of rants. We should avoid any confrontation, even with this fragile economy , count the days we can use petrol running out, As indian elections are near, they will do best to divert public attention , Allah can't help you if you do mistake, We can't afford confrontation, 2500 km Afghan border on one side, then lookingafter Iranian border as some unrest there and then Indian border. Even U.S.A or Nato can't afford such confrontation on 3 sides. If we did it deliberatly( I don't think) then then not good for region & peace.
While Looking video I can hear shooting on helicopter .I think it was Kashmir P.M helicopter according to news but not confirmed from our side.
Any mistake can drag us towards war, and we can't ignore using nuclear weapons if we are falling & down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom