What's new

Indian Travelling To Pakistan Question

What made you go there?

Mainly Pakistanis tend to visit Delhi because they have more of an 'affinity' there.

I am from the neighbouring state from where you visited

:-)

Urdu for hooliganism or gangsterism?
It was a work trip :coffee:

I guessed as much.

But I do encourage other Pakistanis to visit that part of the world?

Did you have culture clash?

I can say Chennai's culture is different to what i saw in Bollywood movies.
But i didn't feel any discomfort mainly because my colleagues over there has been working with me for a while and i had met them earlier in OzLand.

I can say Chennai's culture is different to what i saw in Bollywood movies.
But i didn't feel any discomfort mainly because my colleagues over there has been working with me for a while and i had met them earlier in OzLand.

:o::o::o::o:

:p:

Bro, South Indian culture is nothing like Bollywood. It caters to Elite or North Indian cultural tastes. Mainly Punjab or as the recent trend Uttar Pradesh.

But I appreciate your input.

:-) Should have visited Kerala though.

India is not represented in Bollywood. rather it is Punjab,UP and Delhi that is.
yup,three cultures have influenced india the most-
1.english speaking culture

2.punjabi culture

3.hindi language/hindi speaking culture(though there is a thin line dividing culture and language,but still they do mingle.) this is basically because of our numerical superiority :D

yup,three cultures have influenced india the most-
1.english speaking culture

2.punjabi culture

3.hindi language/hindi speaking culture(though there is a thin line dividing culture and language,but still they do mingle.) this is basically because of our numerical superiority :D

Now you have almost 3 million migrants, mostly North Indians in Kerala now :P

Just kidding, they do the jobs Mallus are unwilling, too lazy to do. Plus our militant unions didn't help matters.

@Ayush plus 25% of Kerala's population is over 65 and almost 3 Million of us are overseas.

There are some reflexive bigots who are scare of migrants drowning out the natives.

:-) that is just stupid. It is interesting how Indians take the pledge that we are all united in brotherhood and are prejudiced.

Now you have almost 3 million migrants, mostly North Indians in Kerala now :P

Just kidding, they do the jobs Mallus are unwilling, too lazy to do. Plus our militant unions didn't help matters.
that is another factor for the hindi culture
u see the hindi speaking people (skilled and unskilled) carry their language and culture along with them to the places they go.
being the largest and the poorest and also the most intelligent :D (especially in civil services,iit)group,they do that a lot.

that is another factor for the hindi culture
u see the hindi speaking people (skilled and unskilled) carry their language and culture along with them to the places they go.
being the largest and the poorest and also the most intelligent :D (especially in civil services,iit)group,they do that a lot.

In my opinion, Indians as a whole need to fraternize more. This will help bridge gaps even more.

There are some reflexive elements in Kerala that are afraid of this new wave of migrants.

The fact is, Kerala probably needs migrants. And we too have migrated en masse.

But as I said before, some keralites are afraid our culture will get drowned out.

@Ayush, what is your take on this?

In my opinion, Indians as a whole need to fraternize more. This will help bridge gaps even more.

There are some reflexive elements in Kerala that are afraid of this new wave of migrants.

The fact is, Kerala probably needs migrants. And we too have migrated en masse.

But as I said before, some keralites are afraid our culture will get drowned out.

@Ayush, what is your take on this?
of course we need to.
only the continent of africa is more diverse than india.
as far as migrants are concerned,well yes,everyone in india has this fear.
this was one of the reasons for raj targeting north indians.
a majority naturally has an advantage(numerical).
but i doubt if the culture will get completely drowned,i mean yes,it is bound to change with time.
in fact the same is happening with ours and western culture.
our culture has changed due to western influence,and it will keep on changing.
we need to accomodate their culture along with our traditional values and so far we have been quite successful.
similarly,i think hindi is gonna spread slowly but surely in india. i mean of course,common sense dictates that more percentage of people now understand hindi as compared to 1947.
so,yes,new gen non hindi speaking people should similarly maintain their traditions and accomodate a few alien elements,if it helps in fraternising.
in fact one keralite @seiko favours the spread of hindi,for the greater good of unifying india.
also in india,this majority is at the bottom of the economic ladder,thus the migration.
whereas in pak,punjabis are the richest,thus they are being faced by migrants.it happens everywhere.

@Umair Nawaz umair bhai,aap kab aa rahe ho india :azn:

in fact one keralite @seiko favours the spread of hindi,for the greater good of unifying india.
also in india,this majority is at the bottom of the economic ladder,thus the migration.
whereas in pak,punjabis are the richest,thus they are being faced by migrants.it happens everywhere.

@Umair Nawaz umair bhai,aap kab aa rahe ho india :azn:

I have the same stance as well :)

Tu mere ko marvayega kya?? :oops: Dude Hindi is spreading here in Kerala. Its a common saying in Kerala that if you need workers to work for you.. You need to learn Hindi,because now almost all the blue collar jobs are done by Hindiwalas and Bengalis :smitten:.. As I talked to @KRAIT one day..Instead of forcing Hindi on us, the government should have encouraged migration among states long time ago.. We could atleast had a mixed language consisting Hindi and other regional languages:enjoy:

Tu mere ko marvayega kya?? :oops: Dude Hindi is spreading here in Kerala. Its a common saying in Kerala that if you need workers to work for you.. You need to learn Hindi,because now almost all the blue collar jobs are done by Hindiwalas and Bengalis :smitten:.. As I talked to @KRAIT one day..Instead of forcing Hindi on us, the government should have encouraged migration among states long time ago.. We could atleast had a mixed language consisting Hindi and other regional languages:enjoy:
Traveling to Pakistan ? @Aeronaut will put me in concentration camp. :D

@seiko you have the right idea my man. Instead of imposition of Hindi, it should have been proposed as a more attractive linguistic option, whilst recongisng the place of your mother tongue.

@seiko due to them, we also have a varied cuisine now. And hopefully a kaleidoscope of cultures.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom