What's new

Indian Travelling To Pakistan Question

Now there's a shocker.
Pakistani's almost never go to East India or South India or heck even West India.
They always stick to North.
What made you go there?

Mainly Pakistanis tend to visit Delhi because they have more of an 'affinity' there.

I am from the neighbouring state from where you visited

But i visited South and liked Chennai more than Delhi.

Delhi is as fake as modern Lahore .

Last edited:
I think this might be a bit different case from ur friend's visit to Delhi as the whole ''we r the same'' thing works well for North Indians n Pakistanis but a South Indian could feel alien in North India itself let alone Pakistan...:lol:

But i think overall Pakistanis r a bit more open towards Indians in comparision to Indians towards Pakistanis bcoz of huge presence of Bollywood n Indian Media in Pak.:)

BTW how popular r credits cards in Pak as its not advisable to carry much cash.

I think a lot of Indians would like to visit Northern areas of Pak(bcoz of that thread on PDF:lol:) but i think its not advisable us to go there for atleast next 5 years but how about Peshawer? Is it ok for an Indian to go there?

Any members from KPK here???

Very much safe,In peshawar you can easily find people from tajikistan,other central asian states,flooded with afghanistani people,and many western people aswell

Anyone coming to peshawar should contact me.I will try to also take him to my hometown Bannu for a short visit

Is this for real, did you really visit Delhi and Chennai, seems some imaginary account. :omghaha::omghaha:

yeh i did. Delhi visit was a forced compulsion since the idiots gave me Dehli as entry and exit point so i had to change flying routes otherwise i applied for Delhi visa just to see a colleague and drop some traditional shoes and cloths from my city.

@Spring Onion even i was wondering,i mean was it for journalism? u are based in pak right?

It seems to me she is making up the stories because of one thing, all Indians know that thing, Isko to jhoot bolna bhi aata. :omghaha::omghaha:

yeh i did. Delhi visit was a forced compulsion since the idiots gave me Dehli as entry and exit point so i had to change flying routes otherwise i applied for Delhi visa just to see a colleague and drop some traditional shoes and cloths from my city.

I have visited both Delhi and Chennai, perhaps you shouldn't have written that sentence to make us believe it. :lol:

@Spring Onion even i was wondering,i mean was it for journalism? u are based in pak right?

Yeh it was a trip for young journalists from SAARC countries arranged by an international institute.

I have visited both Delhi and Chennai, perhaps you shouldn't have written that sentence to make us believe it. :lol:

why? i visited both in that trip since i applied for visas of these cities and granted. else i would not have been able to compare both.

You believe or not that is not my headache :)

why? i visited both in that trip since i applied for visas of these cities and granted. else i would not have been able to compare both.

You believe or not that is not my headache :)

You need to visit them in real life to compare them. :laugh:

@Ravi Nair
As @FaujHistorian has stated, there are some excellent places to visit and sites to see. Your visa should not be a problem at all, you can get a visit visa from the High Commission or Consulate in NZ.

Don't worry about language factor too much. In the cities you can get by just speaking English, although don't do that in front of a shopkeeper or taxi driver :lol:

Security Situation:
Provided you use common sense and maintain a good level of situational awareness and don't venture off into tribal belt...you will be fine.

DO NOT's:
:astagh: DO NOT DISCUSS RELIGION OR POLITICS.

Do's:
:agree: Make sure you have healthcare insurance, your medical inoculations and prescription meds with you.
:agree: Have fun
:agree: Try the local cuisine
:agree: Take photographs, but be mindful of the location, taking photographs of certain police, military and government buildings is prohibited.

Here are some simple personal safety tips:
When in Pakistan, make it a habit to buy and read a newspaper to keep an eye on any planned protest, rally, or event that may have taken place that could cause traffic jam, restricted movement etc. Avoid dangerous areas such as Katti Pahari in Karachi or Hati Chowk in Rawalpindi. Avoid going out alone, or walking by yourself on dark, empty streets.

Maintain a high-level of situational awareness and caution at all times. Limit movements and always notify someone where you will be.

To avoid becoming a victim of crime:
  • Keep a low profile
  • Do not carry large sums of cash or wear expensive jewelry, try to wear a cheap casio wristwatch
  • If possible, leave wallets or purses secured at home and carry only necessary cash and ID in a front pocket
  • Do not become time and place predictable and do not set established patterns
  • Vary routes, times of departure, and arrival by as much as 30-45 minutes
  • Know primary and alternate routes to all destinations
  • Know locations and routes to the nearest police stations and hospitals
  • Avoid politically/religiously active areas of the city
  • Avoid the use of public transportation
  • Always possess a means of communication such as a cell phone or local calling cards
  • Know local emergency numbers, country codes, city codes, and dialing procedures
  • Leave an itinerary with a colleague or friend so your whereabouts are known
  • Avoid high risk areas, crowds, and civil disturbances.
  • Water is not potable in it is recommended you refrain from drinking tap water or public source water. Bottled drinking water is available throughout the country.

Have fun and happy planning.
no offence but that sounds like a spy thriller 8-)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom