What's new

Indian Tech to increase Missile Range by a Third:with citation

Chromium is corrosion resistant ,and it takes around 1800 c to melt chromium(not sure]
Nope I meant will the Cr element corrode the shell, secondly how will the shell handle the increase in temp since the exothermic reaction is gonna propel the missile even further ?

Don't overstretch your limits of imagination. :D

Never, i am not working on it,just thinking of planning on start working on it in the nearby future:lol:
The idea of piezoelectrics always fascinated me and i believe it does have several practical applications in military field!

Chromium is corrosion resistant ,and it takes around 1800 c to melt chromium(not sure]

During the re entry phase, temperature of the surface can well exceed 3000 degree centigrade. It's not pure chromium, but some sort of alloy coating over the thermal tiles.

Nope I meant will the Cr element corrode the shell, secondly how will the shell handle the increase in temp since the exothermic reaction is gonna propel the missile even further ?

Since aluminium and titanium are widely used for making the shell my best gues would be chromium don't corrode the shell.
Also,the missiles are designed to withstand temp of upto 11k ,that of the re entry time. So i guess that our exothermic reaction is nothing.

During the re entry phase, temperature of the surface can well exceed 3000 degree centigrade. It's not pure chromium, but some sort of alloy coating over the thermal tiles.

I have read that during rentry the temp easily exceeds 11000 celcius

That's a lil' exaggerated figure, much of the heat is due to friction with the atmosphere, which stays around 1200 degrees during much of the re-entry, but increases even more while entering through charged ions in the atmosphere.

Since aluminium and titanium are widely used for making the shell my best gues would be chromium don't corrode the shell.
Also,the missiles are designed to withstand temp of upto 11k ,that of the re entry time. So i guess that our exothermic reaction is nothing.

I really doubt that figure of 11K celsius since all known metals & alloys would easily melt at that point !

Anyways I think even if Cr is non corrosive perhaps there still needs to be some change in the composition of missile shell that DRDO will develop for these particular missiles so congrats to them & hoping we can use it on Brahmos or even Brahmos II :tup:

This news has been around for some time. Those who have any interaction with Chaiwalas in Hyderabad will know about it and the implications such techs. have on the development of new missiles.
I was laughing when I heard that Agni-V has a range of 5000 Km..

One has to secure among top 30 positions in GATE to be in the selection list of IISc Bangalore, out of 7,80,000 applicants. :D

Can Ivy League come any near to such tough competition?

Blame it on me.

Along with that, i have many more research citations on Indian AESA radar development, directed energy project, missile guidance algorithms. ;)

THE SAD THING IS THOSE first couple of 1000's are also very qualified. We need to ensure quality education to all. YOu would be surprised how ppl who are not the brightest may have the best intuition to propel development. We must utilize all our resources.

THE SAD THING IS THOSE first couple of 1000's are also very qualified. We need to ensure quality education to all. YOu would be surprised how ppl who are not the brightest may have the best intuition to propel development. We must utilize all our resources.

IITs aren't that bad, i have seen people with ranks around 3000 getting admit from IIT Kharagpur and likes.

hurray.:yahoo:

U know my bro got the call letter from IISC to pursue higher studies. But he neglected that to join in IIT !!!

those who are interested in research go to iisc instead of iit's.

maybe ur brother was not that much into research.

Not lik that buddy. At that time, PG students in IISC had no stipends nor any kinda campus interviews.
He got an GATE rank of 96 All India Rank. And many of his friends were in top 20. :D

We were a middle class family. So he chose to IITM instead.
Stipends are given in IISC now.

Not lik that buddy. At that time, PG students in IISC had no stipends nor any kinda campus interviews.

We were a middle class family. So he chose to IITM instead.
Stipends are given in IISC now.

Imaginations are the first sources of invention :D

Imaginations are the first sources of invention :D

Can you post here if they are not classified? :D

Maybe India just discovered something that US did 40 years ago. So its not a big deal according to the Indian scientist. Though they still would ask for more funding.

Back
Top Bottom