What's new

Indian tanks: a behind the curtain analysis

How are you even allowed to pass judgements? This is even more curious considering this website is public domain and the ownership is not indian.

In this public domain members come out with allegations against Paksitan army but you never bothered!!!
Why it hurts you if some mentioned that indian army took money?
It is no secret and their civil govt. has blamed that superior Arjun failed because indian army deliberately messed with its gear box and engine.

constitutionaly gauranteed right to speak:lol:

Every professional forces have strict protocols and gag orders. And even more rare is an event where an army would hire independent consultants for tanks. And that too someone with absolutely no technical knowledge?

t-90 tanks were a wise decision in the sense that it allowed 'operational continuity' ie,operational crew and maintenance crew
of the t-72 could be shifted to
that of t-90s easily. In case of
a war,it could be heavily useful. T-90 is a tank with superb submersible qualities.
The crew comfort has escalated significantly. It also provides room for future upgrades.

t-90 is altogether a good tank for india. The upgraded versions are good as gold. The experience with t-72 helps in case of t-90 too.

Every professional forces have strict protocols and gag orders. And even more rare is an event where an army would hire independent consultants for tanks. And that too someone with absolutely no technical knowledge?
I wasn't independently hired by the IA.I haven't told anyone
So.

I wasn't independently hired by the IA.I haven't told anyone
So.

if you are not independant.....how are you even allowed to post in public domain? I do not think this is a place an analyst or consultant would post analysis ....even for light discussions.

DRDO light tank: It is a shelved project. Drdo has made this tank based on sarath chasis incorporating a 105 mm gun. The tank had
succesfully passed all user trials but the tank wasn't inducted as IA decided that there wasn't any need for a
Light tank.

if you are not independant.....how are you even allowed to post in public domain? I do not think this is a place an analyst or consultant would post analysis ....even for light discussions.
The infos i gave isn't any
Classified information. If you
Are reffering to the t-72 problem,its a common problem with many t-72 users.

The infos i gave isn't any
Classified information. If you
Are reffering to the t-72 problem,its a common problem with many t-72 users.

That's what i guessed. You just googled some of the info's about the tanks and trying hard to grab some attention in this thread.

arjun: its one of the best tanks in terms of crew comfort. The nitrogen aided pneumatic suspension tried in arjun enhances crew comfort,fire control and mobility. Also the choice to experiment a different type of
Gun-the rifled gun-also paid well. Rifled gun also allows
Arjun to fire HESH rounds. The
Kanchan armour was also succesful.

DRDO light tank: It is a shelved project. Drdo has made this tank based on sarath chasis incorporating a 105 mm gun. The tank had
succesfully passed all user trials but the tank wasn't inducted as IA decided that there wasn't any need for a
Light tank.

Didnt know this existed..

znsp34.jpg

bmp-t_p-106.jpg

Cancelled in 2000.

why is the author posting his info in piecemeal ? U should edit your earlier post to add the new info. Ppl have to scroll over two pages to know what you are saying.

Back
Top Bottom