What's new

Indian state bans beef, introduces jail time for possession

India is just a "paper secular country" as Donatello has correctly written in one of his previous posts.
Do you think martians will come and decide what happens in India?
Indians will decide what happens here and for that we have democratically elected government.

Just a hog wash. Everything going on in India right now is driven by fanatic hindus.
Ya just like entire pakistan is driven by lal masjid and terrorists.

Banning cow meat is just a symptom, major problem is extremists taking over Indian govt and enforcing their religion upon minorities.

Isnt allowing cow slaughters is forcing minorities religion on majorities?

Did you get offended by watching Cartoons of Prophet Muhammad ? Cartoons of Prophet Muhammad to you is equal to Cow slaughter to us.

They are not sacred in Hinduism. Cow is sacred. So people can eat them but not beef.

I opted not to watch them, and not visit those sites.
instead of making noise all over.

Pakistan has banned Alcohol but it is permitted to non-Muslims and foreigners. While Hindutva has proclaimed full ban on all beef consumption. Why enforce your religious edict on non-Hindus ?

I opted not to watch them, and not visit those sites.
instead of making noise all over.
Me too. I opted the same thing. But as your Govt. bans it, my Govt. bans this. And funny thing is that you have posted the pic of beef slices. But I did not.

Pakistan has banned Alcohol but it is permitted to non-Muslims and foreigners. While Hindutva has proclaimed full ban on all beef consumption. Why enforce your religious edict on non-Hindus ?
Wrong comparison. Alcohol is not Holy to Muslim. Cow is Holy to Hindus. So the comparison is Pakistan has blocked you tube and banned "Innocence of Muslim" video, Satanic Verses, Charlie Hebdo because it offends Muslims and being an Islamic Country. India has banned "Innocence of Muslim" video, Satanic Verses, Charlie Hebdo as it offends Muslims and Banned cow slaughter as it offends Hindus.

2. We stand for respect to our Prophet (PBUH) across the world and do not mince our words or act otherwise unlike Indian Hindus who sell cows but at the same time want others not to eat beef.

3.. If you consider a cow ban is justified then why your Indian Parliament fails to intact a law in this regard/

3. When non-Hindu eat cow meat they are doing it to fulfill a natural, normal need for food NOT as an Insult whereas when you or for that matter French and danish or anyone depict our Prophet offensively that is altogether a different thing.

You can not compare a normal eating habit with an abnormal hate provocative action by French and others

Here its more about the smuggling of cattles which is like loss of revenues for the Government and on that even the catlle growers doesnt get good prices. India can increase revenues by diary industries.

About 2 million head of cattle are smuggled into Bangladesh annually from India. The $600 million-a-year trade has flourished over the past four decades and is considered legal by Dhaka.

Bangladeshi traders who operate auctions to facilitate the sale of cattle to slaughter houses, beef processing units, tanneries and bone crushing factories estimate the industry contributed 3 percent to the country`s $190 billion economy.

Syed Hasan Habib of Bengal Meat, Bangladesh`s top beef exporter, said it had to cut international orders by 75 percent. The company exports 125 tonnes of beef a year to Gulf countries.

He said the price of cows had gone up by 40 percent over the past six months because of India`s move, and they had been forced to close two processing units.

Habib plans to import cows from Nepal, Bhutan and Myanmar to meet domestic demand, but he said Indian cows had better quality meat and raw hide.

Stop trolling and stay on topic.

You can not impose your religious ideas on the minorities and still call yourself secular.
Declare yourself "Hindu Republic of whatever" and ban whatever you want to for poor minorities.

Period !!

I think this has nothing to do with religion but it has to do with International meat trade. Indian cattle growers will not get good price when smuggling is done.

As another poster point out, worshipping idols is offensive to Christianity. Do if we choose to Ban idol worshipping and close down Hindu temples in the U.S., would you be offended?
Nice try @faithfulguy . But how can a Chinese living in U.S ban idol worshiping in America? Did the Americans start taking orders Chinese emigrants like you. :what:

Then Indian Hindus should remove this fake concern called cruelty against animals catch phrase when they talk about ban on cow meat.

You have got it wrong
We have never said that beef should be banned because of cruelty to animals

Beef should be banned because of COWS

We dont like the idea of cows being slaughtered

Buffalo meat is available in plenty in India ; they can be slaughtered

That is your point of view without any logic. Its fine to have different point of view.
But its a good step to ban cow slaughter. It reflects secular nature of our country and our constitution which prohibits any kind of offense against any religion, be it Satanic Verses, Charlie Hebdo Cartoons or cow slaughter.

It is never a good step enforcing religion of majority upon minorities and still call yourself "Secular".

Both do not fit together.

You have got it wrong
We have never said that beef should be banned because of cruelty to animals

Beef should be banned because of COWS

We dont like the idea of cows being slaughtered

Buffalo meat is available in plenty in India ; they can be slaughtered

Indian Hindus on every other international forum had been advocating ban on slaughter of cows arguing it was cruelty.

anyway I am all for a 200% ban on all kinds of meat in India provided India comes out in the open and formulate a law through national assembly and pass the bill.

Here its more about the smuggling of cattles which is like loss of revenues for the Government and on that even the catlle growers doesnt get good prices. India can increase revenues by diary industries.

About 2 million head of cattle are smuggled into Bangladesh annually from India. The $600 million-a-year trade has flourished over the past four decades and is considered legal by Dhaka.

Bangladeshi traders who operate auctions to facilitate the sale of cattle to slaughter houses, beef processing units, tanneries and bone crushing factories estimate the industry contributed 3 percent to the country`s $190 billion economy.

Syed Hasan Habib of Bengal Meat, Bangladesh`s top beef exporter, said it had to cut international orders by 75 percent. The company exports 125 tonnes of beef a year to Gulf countries.

He said the price of cows had gone up by 40 percent over the past six months because of India`s move, and they had been forced to close two processing units.

Habib plans to import cows from Nepal, Bhutan and Myanmar to meet domestic demand, but he said Indian cows had better quality meat and raw hide.

I think this has nothing to do with religion but it has to do with International meat trade. Indian cattle growers will not get good price when smuggling is done.

:) whether sell legally or smuggle illegally the point is they are Hindu sellers from India right?

Me too. I opted the same thing. But as your Govt. bans it, my Govt. bans this. And funny thing is that you have posted the pic of beef slices. But I did not.

Wrong comparison. Alcohol is not Holy to Muslim. Cow is Holy to Hindus. So the comparison is Pakistan has blocked you tube and banned "Innocence of Muslim" video, Satanic Verses, Charlie Hebdo because it offends Muslims and being an Islamic Country. India has banned "Innocence of Muslim" video, Satanic Verses, Charlie Hebdo as it offends Muslims and Banned cow slaughter as it offends Hindus.

Wrong assertion,

you assumed that I support our government's decision to ban youtube or other sites.
I believe that if something is offensive, do not look at it.

As for Cow Vs Pig, one animal foods on shit, other one is a clean useful and delicious animal.

Wrong assertion,

you assumed that I support our government's decision to ban youtube or other sites.
I believe that if something is offensive, do not look at it.

As for Cow Vs Pig, one animal foods on shit, other one is a clean useful and delicious animal.
Again wrong comparison. I just said that all the Islamic countries banned that video. I am not talking about an Individual.

And I have compared Cow slaughter vs Innocence of muslims video not with Pigs. Your Holy figures are sacred to you. So there is a ban on mocking your holy figures in your countries. Cow is sacred to us. That is why cow slaughter is banned.

It is never a good step enforcing religion of majority upon minorities and still call yourself "Secular".

Both do not fit together.
That is your point of view again. Cow slaughter ban is not against any religion as no cow slaughter is not mandatory in any religion. Even banning cow slaughter is equal to banning Charlie Hebdo, Satanic Verses which is pure secular in nature.

That is your point of view again. Cow slaughter ban is not against any religion as no cow slaughter is not mandatory in any religion. Even banning cow slaughter is equal to banning Charlie Hebdo, Satanic Verses which is pure secular in nature.

That is your point of view again.

Enforcing majority religion on the minorities and still call yourself a "secular" country do not go together.

Go outside of India once in a while and see how the world works. Getting false pride by reading Indian media is good perhaps for your ego, but it does not change reality on the ground.

That is your point of view again.

Enforcing majority religion on the minorities and still call yourself a "secular" country do not go together.

Go outside of India once in a while and see how the world works. Getting false pride by reading Indian media is good perhaps for your ego, but it does not change reality on the ground.
You did not even show a single prof where majority religion is enforced on minority. In India offense against all religions are banned and that includes Hindus too. So its truly secular decision. As @Atanz said before may be in your version of Islam offending Hindus and non-muslims and their religion is considered as secularism and a pious act.

You did not even show a single prof where majority religion is enforced on minority. In India offense against all religions are banned and that includes Hindus too. So its truly secular decision. As @Atanz said before may be in your version of Islam offending Hindus and non-muslims and their religion is considered as secularism and a pious act.

Ok lets say I am a Jewish in India and want to eat beef. Why do you want to kill me or imprison me for that by imposing your majority religion ideas?

This can not and must not happen in a secular country.

Ok lets say I am a Jewish in India and want to eat beef. Why do you want to kill me or imprison me for that by imposing your majority religion ideas?

This can not and must not happen in a secular country.
If you are Jewish and if your religion says that eating beef is mandatory then you will be allowed to it. But if eating beef is not mandatory in your religion and still you want to eat it, then you are doing it to offend Hindus for sure as you know that Cow is sacred to Hindus. So our government will not allow that and you will be imprisoned.

Similarly if you are Jewish and want to publish a derogatory cartoon on Prophet Muhammad, then you are doing it to offend Muslims as Prophet Muhammad is sacred to Muslims. So our government will not allow that and you will be imprisoned. So equal laws for everyone and equal treatment to every religion which is true secularism.

Back
Top Bottom