What's new

Indian Special Forces

Not too impressive(the video) but still worth watching once......

Kindly ignore the commentry in this...Kerala Thunderbolts in this video..

Last edited by a moderator:
Kindly ignore the commentry in this...Kerala Thunderbolts in this video..

I'm sick of all this BS ninja/Matrix crap! I hear these guys have Steyr Augs,M4s and Tavors- would have loved to have seen these! Would also prefer to see a room intervention/HR drill not this punch a brick wall/jump through flaming ring rubbish! What use is that in the real world? You'd never see a seasoned SF do this- have the PARA SF/MARCOs ever put on such a show?? FFS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sick of all this BS ninja/Matrix crap! I hear these guys have Steyr Augs,M4s and Tavors- would have loved to have seen these! Would also prefer to see a room intervention/HR drill not this punch a brick wall/jump through flaming ring rubbish! What use is that in the real world? You'd never see a seasoned SF do this- have the PARA SF/MARCOs ever put on such a show?? FFS!!

LOL!!

I have seen Chinese SF do all these Hollywood stunts but i dont have much respect for them either.

All the Elite SF units try to stay away from the media...Doing these Hollywood stunts or going hungry for publicity like Chinese SF,Cobra,Kerala Thunderbolts only shows a wannabe nature and nothing else.

I wont criticise Kerala Thunderbolts that much to be honest...All these Police units are not secretive so the more you publicise the more good you are doing for yourself but like you said i would have preffered a NSG type of show...Professional.

LOL!!

I have seen Chinese SF do all these Hollywood stunts but i dont have much respect for them.

All the Elite SF units try to stay away from the media...Doing these Hollywood stunts or going hungry for publicity like Chinese SF,Cobra,Kerala Thunderbolts only shows a wannabe nature and nothing else.

I wont criticise Kerala Thunderbolts that much to be honest...All these Police units are not secretive so the more you publicise the more good you are doing for yourself.

I get that but why not do a "real-world" display ie a simulater terror attack response or a HR mission or somthing not all this crap!!

Yes i agree.Like i said in my last post...I would have like it had they done a NSG type of professional display of their capabilities.

+100. What they did was (imho) embarrasing but oh well, I guess people like you and me who understand these guys' jobs and have an appetitie for seeing room intervention/real world drills are in the minority and those watching would be bemused by such a performance but instead prefer this BS. One day when the Indian public has less ignorance then we will see what you and I want!

+100. What they did was (imho) embarrasing but oh well, I guess people like you and me who understand these guys' jobs and have an appetitie for seeing room intervention/real world drills are in the minority and those watching would be bemused by such a performance but instead prefer this BS. One day when the Indian public has less ignorance then we will see what you and I want!

Oh well...That was humble. :lol:

Like you and i keep saying that the start is important.Now that we have a start where many Police Deptts are rasing an elite unit(acc to their standards) i can see them only get better and better in the future to counter the real threat of Terrorism.

India always learns from her mistakes and the people involved are taking the right steps in my opinion.Units like these are good for raiding and killing gangs,robbers and holding highly armed terrorists till NSG comes and takes over.

We will in the future have a pool of highly trained Police officers to pick from for special tasks.

Oh well...That was humble. :lol:

Haha lol, I didn't mean they were stupid or uneducated at all if that's what you think I said. All I meant was there was a widespread lack of awarness about defence matters and the like so most people would not be to entertained by a room intervention drill but would be by this martial arts sort of display as it is more visually apealling to them! This can be, in part, blamed on the media and Bollywood for its shocking portrayal of such units and their actual role and instead use the term "COMMANDO" to mean a Rambo-type unit when most of the time they are nothing but. When you compare the average bollywood action/military movie to a move like Acts of Valor it is not hard to see why the general public expects these special units to be Rambos and the like. Ignorance only pertaining to defence matters nothing else.

Haha lol, I didn't mean they were stupid or uneducated at all if that's what you think I said. All I meant was there was a widespread lack of awarness about defence matters and the like so most people would not be to entertained by a room intervention drill but would be by this martial arts sort of display as it is more visually apealling to them! This can be, in part, blamed on the media and Bollywood for its shocking portrayal of such units and their actual role and instead use the term "COMMANDO" to mean a Rambo-type unit when most of the time they are nothing but. When you compare the average bollywood action/military movie to a move like Acts of Valor it is not hard to see why the general public expects these special units to be Rambos and the like. Ignorance only pertaining to defence matters nothing else.

Not at all..I understood your meaning.

I am not too impressed by the IPS officers trying to raise a Special Unit.Like the fat dude from COBRA was saying that "COBRA is the only SF force in the world to do Night operations".These guys need to educate themselves before opeining their mouth.I have respect for the COBRAS for making the sacrifice and serving the country but with all due respect most of these guys wont be able to make it to MARCOS or PARA Units.So they need to be more humble and should not think of themselves to be the best.This is what i liked in the PARA documentary in Nahan when the PARA's commanding officer said that we make a special effort to make these guys humble as it is a key factor for operational success.

The Army also has a problem with IPS officers heading NSG Units.These guys may be good in their business but must realise that raising special Units and conduction special ops is something which the Army has expertise in and no matter what unit you raise the Army is still going to have the most experienced and well trained unit amonst all coz thats what the Army is raised for.Its an Land based force raised to face enemies of a much tougher level than the Police forces ever face so it has to be the best.

Regarding Hollywood/Bollywood the same thing applies to film industry which you were applying to a common Indian.When they dont have the knowledge what do you expect from them.The Hollywood directors know a thing or two about their defence forces same is true for their citizens.In India apart from J P Dutta no one knows about them.Movies like Platoon,Act of valour,Black Hawk Down,The hurt locker,Beast of war etc. cant be compared to Indian movies like the way there is no competition for Steven Spielberg's movies in Bollywood.

I am not too impressed by the IPS officers trying to raise a Special Unit.Like the fat dude from COBRA was saying that "COBRA is the only SF force in the world to do Night operations".These guys need to educate themselves before opeining their mouth.I have respect for the COBRAS for making the sacrifice and serving the country but with all due respect most of these guys wont be able to make it to MARCOS or PARA Units.So they need to be more humble and should not think of themselves to be the best.This is what i liked in the PARA documentary in Nahan when the PARA's commanding officer said that we make a special effort to make these guys humble as it is a key factor for operational success.

The Army also has a problem with IPS officers heading NSG Units.These guys may be good in their business but must realise that raising special Units and conduction special ops is something which the Army has expertise in and no matter what unit you raise the Army is still going to have the most experienced and well trained unit amonst all coz thats what the Army is raised for.Its an Land based force raised to face enemies of a much tougher level than the Police forces ever face so it has to be the best.

Regarding Hollywood/Bollywood the same thing applies to film industry which you were applying to a common Indian.When they dont have the knowledge what do you expect from them.The Hollywood directors know a thing or two about their defence forces same is true for their citizens.In India apart from J P Dutta no one knows about them.Movies like Platoon,Act of valour,Black Hawk Down,The hurt locker,Beast of war etc. cant be compared to Indian movies like the way there is no competition for Steven Spielberg's movies in Bollywood.

Wrt COBRA the officer was wrong in comparing the COBRA unit to SEALS/SAS/SFs but that doesn't mean we should use the comparison. COBRA isn't meant to be a SOF so there's no point in comparing them to MARCOs or PARA SF or whatever, they have a very specific law enforcement role that is it.

kal hi sab ki DVD le ke ata hu :P

Wrt COBRA the officer was wrong in comparing the COBRA unit to SEALS/SAS/SFs but that doesn't mean we should use the comparison. COBRA isn't meant to be a SOF so there's no point in comparing them to MARCOs or PARA SF or whatever, they have a very specific law enforcement role that is it.

I am not comparing but trying to show the level each SF is of.

Back
Top Bottom