What's new

Indian Special Forces

The ARC's which you are taking about don't have much to do with the SG.
Your second question was asked by people in DGS too.It is relatively easy to conduct spec ops in Pakistan Punjab & Sindh it's very tough for Indians from any state to conduct ops in NWFP due the vast ethnic differences merely learning the language is not enough.The Spetsnaz used Tajik and Uzbeks extensivey to penetrate Mujahideen lines and operate there for weeks.

Coldhearted aviator,Abingdonboy as both of you know about PARA SF ops in J&K you must have heard about the ISI trained Afghan mercenaries who surrendered to us in late 1997 and worked with us to neutralize several LeT and ISI modules.ISI stopped sending Afghans after that.

P.S. The foreigners in SG are as dedicated to their missions as anybody else.

I forgot to add that the most imp.need for foreigners in SG are because even if your operative is compromised(like taken PoW) your enemies will have a very tough time finding out who send him.

P.S SG operates in very small teams.

The ARC's which you are taking about don't have much to do with the SG.
Your second question was asked by people in DGS too.It is relatively easy to conduct spec ops in Pakistan Punjab & Sindh it's very tough for Indians from any state to conduct ops in NWFP due the vast ethnic differences merely learning the language is not enough.The Spetsnaz used Tajik and Uzbeks extensivey to penetrate Mujahideen lines and operate there for weeks.

Coldhearted aviator,Abingdonboy as both of you know about PARA SF ops in J&K you must have heard about the ISI trained Afghan mercenaries who surrendered to us in late 1997 and worked with us to neutralize several LeT and ISI modules.ISI stopped sending Afghans after that.

P.S. The foreigners in SG are as dedicated to their missions as anybody else.

Afghan mercenaries stopped comming after 2001 incident.A close relative of mine has gone on a 1 on 1 firefight with a Afghani mercenary sometime in 99..He managed to kill him after a short 1 on 1 close quater battle.The Afghan guy was 6'3" and very well built.

Those days Afghan mercenaries were the SF of the bad guys.While the Kashmiris used to open fire from a safe distance so that they can escape easily..the Afghanis used to come as close to you as possible before opening fire..and it turned out to be a bloody affair for both sides in the end but thats how they were trained.

Afghan mercenaries stopped comming after 2001 incident.
He may have been a local from FATA or an AFghan refugee from Pakistan.They look the same after all.
The Afghans were naturally the toughest as they had the vast experience of fighting the Soviets in 80's
There were several pashtuns involved in Kargil as well.They were speaking pashto and RAW had to hire Afghan people in Delhi to translate.

He may have been a local from FATA or an AFghan refugee from Pakistan.They look the same after all.
The Afghans were naturally the toughest as they had the vast experience of fighting the Soviets in 80's
There were several pashtuns involved in Kargil as well.They were speaking pashto and RAW had to hire Afghan people in Delhi to translate.

IA has gunned down several Afghans who had fought against the soviets..I am talking about one among them,

MARCOS

DSC_1273.jpg

The second pic is of Marcos in Kashmir.It is a 3 year old pic.You can see that most of them grow beard for undercover ops and a RR guy is also standing with them which makes me feel that they go on joint ops with RR.

DSCN1754-782021.JPG

Cool- I've never seen that first pic of MARCOs before!

+ wrt SG- like I have said before I don't personally believe there are foriengers in SG- maybe SFF but not SG. From what I've heard SG is 100% Indian SOFs (mostly PARA (SF) but with elements of IAF and IN SOFs too in the mix).

Cool- I've never seen that first pic of MARCOs before!

+ wrt SG- like I have said before I don't personally believe there are foriengers in SG- maybe SFF but not SG. From what I've heard SG is 100% Indian SOFs (mostly PARA (SF) but with elements of IAF and IN SOFs too in the mix).

Thats what i believed but i am very confused right now.

If this is so then there is a lot that we dont know is happening..I mean we would be ahead of even ISI in this. ;)

^^ I think in terms of professionalism and resources R&AW is far ahead of the ISI and most intel agencies in the region. The ISI strengths are they are literally willing to do anything to complete their objectives ie allying themselves with the sum of the earth, and the fact because the PA is so ridiculously powerful in Pakistan the ISI are given a free hand to do whatever they like whereas in most nations (like India) intel agencies have civilian masters to answer to and so are restrained in many ways and "put on a leash". In technical abilities ie hacking, SIGNIT/ELNIT, electronic surveillance etc R&AW has the clear edge.

+ whether intentally or not GoI are the masters of disinformation!!!

Thats what i believed but i am very confused right now.

If this is so then there is a lot that we dont know is happening..I mean we would be ahead of even ISI in this. ;)

True that. But IA giving central Asian mercenaries high level ultra advanced training and tactics...I dunno if thats really a good thing.

True that. But IA giving central Asian mercenaries high level ultra advanced training and tactics...I dunno if thats really a good thing.

Dude,i am very confused on this but i can say that if this is true then these guys would be very reliable coz the Indian intellegince agencies have some really smart guys..Who knows these mercenaries are under constant watch and any suspicious behaviour and they are killed...

LOL i am just assuming this..i really dont have any idea about SG... :lol:

^^ I think in terms of professionalism and resources R&AW is far ahead of the ISI and most intel agencies in the region. The ISI strengths are they are literally willing to do anything to complete their objectives ie allying themselves with the sum of the earth, and the fact because the PA is so ridiculously powerful in Pakistan the ISI are given a free hand to do whatever they like whereas in most nations (like India) intel agencies have civilian masters to answer to and so are restrained in many ways and "put on a leash". In technical abilities ie hacking, SIGNIT/ELNIT, electronic surveillance etc R&AW has the clear edge.

+ whether intentally or not GoI are the masters of disinformation!!!
R&AW always remind me of one line from the Movie- Usual Suspects

Greater trick ever played by Devil is that he doesn't exist :chilli:

R&AW still remains one of the most coveted agencies in the world.

10 Para : An Added Edge

image_n%5C14a.gif

The Commandoes of 10 Para (Special Forces) are second to none in the world. The battalion was raised on June 1, 1967 under Lt Col NS Utthaya. This elite unit of our Army has not only excelled during war but also during peace-time. During the 1971 Indo-Pak war, the unit, then designated as ‘10 Para Commando’, carried out a daring 80 km-deep raid inside Pakistan’s territory on the Indus Rangers HQ at Chachro (Sind). The battalion carried out many other vehicle-borne raids during the 1971 war. These raids could only be compared with the raids by the famed British ‘SAS’ in the deserts of North Africa during World War II. The destruction caused by these raids paved the way for Indian forces to deepen their operations inside enemy territory, leading to the capture of large chunks of enemy territory. For this unparalleled gallantry, the unit was awarded Battle Honour Chachro and Theatre Honour Sind. For his courageous leadership, military acumen and foresightedness, the CO of this daredevil unit was awarded Maha Vir Chakra. In adition, the unit also earned two Vir Chakra, three Sena Medals and one Mention-in Despatches. The tally so far includes one Maha Vir Chakra, two Kirti Chakra, eight Vir Chakra, three Shaurya Chakra, two Vishisht Seva Medals, 42 Sena Medals five Mentions-in-Despatches.

The unit earned laurels for the country and covered itself with glory in the professional competitions in the international arena, as well. In the Exercise Airborne Africa, an international competition for Special Forces, was held in Botswana in 2002 wherein 28 teams including troops from USA, Britain, France, South Africa, Malaysia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Senegal etc took part. The 10 Para (Special Forces) was declared Overall Winners and it also annexed second position. The commendable performance of the teams of 10 Para was lauded by the Special Forces fraternity the world over.

Since 1971, the unit has participated in all the military operations undertaken by the Indian Army including operations Pawan in Sri Lanka, Rakshak in J&K, Meghdoot in Siachen and Orchid in North East. The unit earned Theatre Honour Kargil for the gallantry displayed during the recent operation Vijay in Kargil. The battalion added another feather to its cap by earning the Chief of the Army Staff Unit Citation on Army Day last year for their performance in counter-terrorist operations in Jammu and Kashmir.

This year ‘Chachro Day’ celebrations were very special as Brig Sawai Bhawani Singh (Retd) himself was present on the occasion. He earned the gonly Mahavir Chakra for the unit during 1971 war. A large number of ex-service of the unit and their families joined the celebrations. A thrilling sky diving and parachute jump display in selected ‘dropping zone’, a wreath-laying at the unit war memorial, a special sainik sammelan and a barakhana were the highlights of the 34th Chachro Day celebrations.

image_n%5C13a.gif

http://mod.nic.in/samachar/feb15-06/h8.htm

Dude,i am very confused on this but i can say that if this is true then these guys would be very reliable coz the Indian intellegince agencies have some really smart guys..Who knows these mercenaries are under constant watch and any suspicious behaviour and they are killed...

Small teams with two Operators watching over. No linking between two teams. Only Hit missions if needed. No delivery or rescue missions.

R&AW always remind me of one line from the Movie- Usual Suspects

Greater trick ever played by Devil is that he doesn't exist :chilli:

R&AW still remains one of the most coveted agencies in the world.
That's the Rule of the Game here

In very Very small number and in well spread area. These guies do this thing for money. If not for us then for others. It is always good to have assets in such areas where you need to keep your indirect hold. It's just Business.

CIA operates Mercenaries all over the world. If some experts are to be belived some of our Scientist didn't die in accidents. Sad but dirty truth

But Yeah they will be very useful unless or until somebody decides go join the opp side for a better pay...Anyways wat i am assuming is these Afghan mercs wont be given the same training as Indian teams. They would be given mostly sub standard training than Indian SF teams. They ll probably be used has small proxies to do our dirty work. They ll be probably used to act has rebels or insurgents etc in central asia. They might just an force multiplier asset for Indian SFs. This is just my assumption.

In very Very small number and in well spread area. These guies do this thing for money. If not for us then for others. It is always good to have assets in such areas where you need to keep your indirect hold. It's just Business.

CIA operates Mercenaries all over the world. If some experts are to be belived some of our Scientist didn't die in accidents. Sad but dirty truth

LOL thats what i just assumed. :P So am right.

Back
Top Bottom