What's new

Indian Special Forces

You are missing one major thing. MARCOS are Marine Commandos. There speciality is water OPs. They can do SF OPs too but what's need when we have regular SFs and PARAs to do that job ??? Even RR guies are doing great
I think they are POSTED there for experience of lake OPs and rivers. These guies already have their plate full on sea. Be Proud to know MARCOS is one of the few forces capable of jumping in furious sea with full load of weapons and swim to shore and hold on on their own for 2/3 days Nobody knows exact strength of MARCOS. But some assumptions are its around 500/600. So 50 means 10%. Good enough :D though I do agree with you that overall strength of ALL SFs should be increased :D
and Marcos are not present in N-E- how you can be so sure ??? :D I belive otherwise :D

I didn't know much about GARUDS. Like to update myself.

PARAs are doing all sorts of OPs. They should be awarded WORK HORSE status :D

Sirji..there is no marcos presence in N-E and the strength of Marcos is close to 2000.If they are truely a Special Force then they need to be capable of operating in every environment..Like they were part of the 99 conflict.

You believe that they are part of N-E operations..but thats a belief not a fact.Similarly i know of a lot of ops where Paras were involved but wont share it here as this is not the right place.

Sirji..there is no marcos presence in N-E and the strength of Marcos is close to 2000.If they are truely a Special Force then they need to be capable of operating in every environment..Like they were part of the 99 conflict.

You believe that they are part of N-E operations..but thats a belief not a fact.Similarly i know of a lot of ops where Paras were involved but wont share it here as this is not the right place.
Don't call me Sirji :D sergi is fine
I assure you strength of MARCOS isn't in 4 figures BTW it will be in 2/3 years but still will NOT be close to you figure. :( even I want 2000
Yes offcourse SF must be capable of operating in every Environment but they must excel in their own domain
this is not the right place
I will agree on only THIS in that statement. Deployment of SF is classified. Only few people in India would be able to tell that apart from SFs themselves.

Don't call me Sirji :D sergi is fine
I assure you strength of MARCOS isn't in 4 figures BTW it will be in 2/3 years but still will NOT be close to you figure. :( even I want 2000
Yes offcourse SF must be capable of operating in every Environment but they must excel in their own domain
this is not the right place
I will agree on only THIS in that statement. Deployment of SF is classified. Only few people in India would be able to tell that apart from SFs themselves.

How do you know that the strenth is not in 4 figures?

How do you know that the strenth is not in 4 figures?
Cause I know :D
I can tell you there is proposal cleared to increase MARCOS and SF strength :D two years atmost

We migh see more PARAs in newly forming NE corps. But I can't confirm it.
So overall SF is growing :D

Even NSG is growing we will see triple strength of NSG from Next year

Cause I know :D
I can tell you there is proposal cleared to increase MARCOS and SF strength :D two years atmost

We migh see more PARAs in newly forming NE corps. But I can't confirm it.
So overall SF is growing :D

Even NSG is growing we will see triple strength of NSG from Next year

So over 30000 NSG commandos?! thats not necessary, MHA should rather improve equipment of existing units +10000 commandos are enough. ANd police forces in almost every state have such forces too now

So over 30000 NSG commandos?! thats not necessary, MHA should rather improve equipment of existing units +10000 commandos are enough. ANd police forces in almost every state have such forces too now
Wow not overall strength :D
I was talking about SHOOTER BOYS :D.

Sorry 1st penalty :oops: <angeldemon>

Pakindia l agree but safety is better than potential sorrow.

Plus new Nsg pics at this link:

Google Image Result for http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/BGMIR/2011/08/06/2/Img/Pc0020500.jpg

Pic of NSG for you:
Pc0020500.jpg

ehhmm I think the strength is well over 600 men....
PS Check out the wiki page, finally someone put those VBSS pics out of the MARCOS article
MARCOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You didn't read the page :D
Right hand side column clearly said SIZE:CLASSIFIED :D

You didn't read the page :D
Right hand side column clearly said SIZE:CLASSIFIED :D

Although the actual strenght is classified 600 is far too small the real number is closer to 2000 and the IN is trying to expand the force to almost double this number.

Abindongboy sergi :( cant send u message need more then 50 post to do so and i need some favr from you guys :hitwall:

Sure mate, how can I help?

Although the actual strenght is classified 600 is far too small the real number is closer to 2000 and the IN is trying to expand the force to almost double this number.
I am pretty sure about what I write in POST #842.

IN is trying to expand the force to almost double Of CURRENT number.

are they wearing diving suits? I didnt know they are also capable of that

Yes these look like wet suits and yes IA SF are very much capable of this- diving/water ops are part of their remit.

1.39 for reference:

What I based this on is the weapon sights- for the Tavor the IA are the only operator in India that uses MARS sights. However all other operators of the Tavor- CRPF, DP, MARCOs, Garuds etc all use Mepro Mor Sights.

MARCOs with Mepro Sights:

thumb.cms

Last edited by a moderator:
are they wearing diving suits? I didnt know they are also capable of that

PARA is a truely all rounder Special Force..The training is such that you will find divers to mountaineers in PARA..BTW these divers are trained by MARCOS.

Abingdonboy

The best reference could be the Dhruv video you recently posted where IA divers were jumping from ALH Dhruv..How could you miss that ;)

PARA is a truely all rounder Special Force..The training is such that you will find divers to mountaineers in PARA..BTW these divers are trained by MARCOS.

Abingdonboy

The best reference could be the Dhruv video you recently posted where IA divers were jumping from ALH Dhruv..How could you miss that ;)

Right! Slipped my mind!!

Back
Top Bottom