What's new

Indian Special Forces

Old story :D when water was HOT
But MARCOS defiantly still operate around watery area and lakes :D that's what I know

Thats what my earlier point was.The current hot zones are Hafruda forests,Lolab,Kupwara.AFAIK no Marcos are present here.

I know that and that is why i love Para.the amount of work they have done is unmatchable.I am really sorry for saying this guys(particularly MARCOS fans) that had the Marcos done even 40% of what Para does..you would be reading it everywhere like the interview they gave after 26/11 operation without killing a single terrorist and while the gunfight was going on..Forget Para even the Army guys wont indulge in this type of behaviour.No wonder you come to know about every single thing they do like Anti-piracy op to small ops in the valley..their contribution to Op Rakshak is close to iota.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...army-its-special-forces-55.html#ixzz1zmSokEew

Mate I wouldn't be go so far wrt MARCOs- they did what they were told in terms of the press conference. They, no doubt, didn't want to give it. All 3 Indian SOFs are true professionals who like to keep themselves and secretive.

Also both MARCOs and Garuds operate in J&K alongside PARA (SF). Of course IA SF do most of the "heavy lifting" in the Valley but this is not because the other SOFs are not as able but because the IA SFs are almost 5 times the size of the other SOF units and they have their own responsibilities that need to be filled.

Mate I wouldn't be go so far wrt MARCOs- they did what they were told in terms of the press conference. They, no doubt, didn't want to give it. All 3 Indian SOFs are true professionals who like to keep themselves and secretive.

Also both MARCOs and Garuds operate in J&K alongside PARA (SF). Of course IA SF do most of the "heavy lifting" in the Valley but this is not because the other SOFs are not as able but because the IA SFs are almost 5 times the size of the other SOF units and they have their own responsibilities that need to be filled.

Dude,i didnt really know that they were forced to give it.If it is so then its my mistake.

As far as i know theGaruds are not part of any operations.They are present in the valley to protect their bases and radar installations which used to be protected by DSC which stands for Defence Service Corps who are ex Army guys.

Marcos can mostly be found around Wular lake and in some cases go on operations with the SF.

The Para are the ones which are found in Hot Zones in Kashmir.They are attached to RR sectors.I mean we can have 100-120 Marcos attached to 1 RR sector and give these guys some experience.Whats the strength of Marcos in kashmir?..not more than 50 i guess... which is 2.5% of their total stregth.There are 1000 Para commandos in J&K which is 10% of their strength and if i add 2 SF battalions in east which is fighting insurgents there then it will be close to 3000 or 30% of them seeing regular action..and Marcos are not present in N-E.

Dude,i didnt really know that they were forced to give it.If it is so then it my mistake.

As far as i know theGaruds are not part of any operations.They are present in the valley to protect their bases and radar installations which used to be protected by DSC which stands for Defence Service Corps who are ex Army guys.

Marcos can mostly be found around Wular lake and in some cases go on operations with the SF.

The Para are the ones which are found in Hot Zones in Kashmir.They are attached to RR sectors.I mean we can have 100-120 Marcos attached to 1 RR sector and give these guys some experience.Whats the strength of Marcos in kashmir?..not more than 50 i guess... which is 2.5% of their total stregth.There are 1000 Para commandos in J&K which is 10% of their strength and if i add 2 SF battalions in east which is fighting insurgents there then it will be close to 3000 or 30% of them seeing regular action..and Marcos are not present in N-E.

Actually serving in JK is a training module for both MARCOs and Garuds and they are attached to IA SF units operating in the Valley. This is for the very purpose of providing these units with combat experience.

Actually serving in JK is a training module for both MARCOs and Garuds and they are attached to IA SF units operating in the Valley. This is for the very purpose of providing these units with combat experience.

Exactly!!It is a training module..and they dont get deployed in the valley for that long too.Hence i ask you..are they getting the required experience that they need to...Specially for a force like Garud

I believe we need to increase the strength of Marcos in Kashmir to a company size posted in Kupwara and the area around plus a similar stength of Marcos needs to be sent to N-E.

This pic is NSG I'd say:

Nice find! Tactical/ballisitc shileds and ballaistic visors seen for first time in use with NSG!

This pic is some SRT/ERT/QRT of AP:

If you've got any more on NSG we'll take 'em!!

haha, this guys are acting like they will shoot the devotees.....:lol:

^^^
this thread is about SF and army....don't destroy this thread, there's a separate thread for police

We should rather rename this thread, this thread is full of NSG, MARCOS, Garud, COBRAS, state police forces etc........

Dude,i didnt really know that they were forced to give it.If it is so then its my mistake.

You are missing one major thing. MARCOS are Marine Commandos. There speciality is water OPs. They can do SF OPs too but what's need when we have regular SFs and PARAs to do that job ??? Even RR guies are doing great
I think they are POSTED there for experience of lake OPs and rivers. These guies already have their plate full on sea. Be Proud to know MARCOS is one of the few forces capable of jumping in furious sea with full load of weapons and swim to shore and hold on on their own for 2/3 days Nobody knows exact strength of MARCOS. But some assumptions are its around 500/600. So 50 means 10%. Good enough :D though I do agree with you that overall strength of ALL SFs should be increased :D
and Marcos are not present in N-E- how you can be so sure ??? :D I belive otherwise :D

I didn't know much about GARUDS. Like to update myself.

PARAs are doing all sorts of OPs. They should be awarded WORK HORSE status :D

You are missing one major thing. MARCOS are Marine Commandos. There speciality is water OPs. They can do SF OPs too but what need when we have regular SFs and PARAs to do that job ???
I think they are POSTED there for experience of lake OPs and rivers. These guies already have their plate full on sea. Be Proud to know MARCOS is one of the few forces capable of jumping in furious sea with full load of weapons and swim to shore and hold on on their own for 2/3 days Nobody knows exact strength of MARCOS. But some assumptions are its around 500/600. So 50 means 10%. Good enough :D though I do agree with you that overall strength of ALL SFs should be increased :D
and Marcos are not present in N-E- how you can be so sure ??? :D I belive otherwise :D

I didn't know much about GARUDS. Like to update myself.

PARAs are doing all sorts of OPs. They should be awarded WORK HORSE status :D

ehhmm I think the strength is well over 600 men....
PS Check out the wiki page, finally someone put those VBSS pics out of the MARCOS article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARCOS

PS Check out the wiki page, finally someone put those VBSS pics out of the MARCOS article
MARCOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You didn't read the page :D
Right hand side column clearly said SIZE:CLASSIFIED :D

MARCOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You didn't read the page :D
Right hand side column clearly said SIZE:CLASSIFIED :D

Abindongboy sergi :( cant send u message need more then 50 post to do so and i need some favr from you guys :hitwall:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom