What's new

Indian Special Forces

^^^
Nobody uses SF in disaster preparedness..

If he isn't SF where does he belong ???
I would be dancing on moon if he is regular army soldier with THAT gun ( I don't know which is it but liked it) and gear. Even helmet looks different.

^^^
Nobody uses SF in disaster preparedness..
But the question arises what unit does this guy belong to? Ghatak? PARA (regular)? Infantry (seems like a long shot atleast for 3-5 years)?
If he isn't SF where does he belong ???
I would be dancing on moon if he is regular army soldier with THAT gun ( I don't know which is it but liked it) and gear. Even helmet looks different.

+1

But the question arises what unit does this guy belong to? Ghatak? PARA (regular)? Infantry (seems like a long shot atleast for 3-5 years)?
Its possible he is from parachute regiment. This picture is from the exercise showing disaster preparedness of IA a few days back. Its from Himachal Pradesh. Ghatak is specifically formed for CT and CI operations (as far as i know) and Paras are SF, no country uses SF for disaster relief. So i think either he is a member of Parachute regiment or IA must have armed some other regiment like may be from Gurkha rifle with Tavor.
SF does use such kind of gears but they are CT drills and that wasn't part of what IA showed in Himachal Pradesh (thats what i know).

Its possible he is from parachute regiment. This picture is from the exercise showing disaster preparedness of IA a few days back. Its from Himachal Pradesh. Ghatak is specifically formed for CT and CI operations (as far as i know) and Paras are SF, no country uses SF for disaster relief. So i think either he is a member of Parachute regiment or IA must have armed some other regiment like may be from Gurkha rifle with Tavor.
SF does use such kind of gears but they are CT drills and that wasn't part of what IA showed in Himachal Pradesh (thats what i know).

Just a few comments- PARA SF are part of the Parachute regiment with the regiment being organised into SF and Non-SF battalions ie- 1,2,3,4,7,9,10,11 and 21 BNs being SF with 5,6,7 and 12 being regular PARA. Ghatak's primary role is not solely CT/CI but to attack as "Strike elements" for infantry Btns so are regular infantry men given extreme training in CT/HRT/CT/CQB/Airborne ops etc so in NATO/US lexicon they can be described as "Special operations capable". I don't think the IA would go for only equipping certain units (say Gurkhas) with such gear and omitting the rest of the regular IA. I'd say SF/regular PARA/Ghatak are the possiblites.

Regular Para/Parachute regtt would be my guess for reasons which i have discussed in detail in other threads and the ARTRAC is based there in Shimla so nothing can be counted out.

Moreover these guards..the last time i saw an Indian soldier with them was in Ranbir Kapoors Jai Jawan show with 1 Para SF like the 21 Para SF were wearing black colour guards in another show and the recent Indo US excercise had Ghataks wearing green colour guards with INSAS..if Ghataks would have Tavors then i guess Indo-US excercise would have been the first place the Ghataks would have got it.

Secondly guys,is that a camelbak he is wearing?...A tube is comming from the back just above his radio set..what is that if not a camelbak?

Regular Para/Parachute regtt would be my guess for reasons which i have discussed in detail in other threads and the ARTRAC is based there in Shimla so nothing can be counted out.

Moreover these guards..the last time i saw an Indian soldier with them was in Ranbir Kapoors Jai Jawan show with 1 Para SF like the 21 Para SF were wearing black colour guards in another show and the recent Indo US excercise had Ghataks wearing green colour guards with INSAS..if Ghataks would have Tavors then i guess Indo-US excercise would have been the first place the Ghataks would have got it.

Secondly guys,is that a camelbak he is wearing?...A tube is comming from the back just above his radio set..what is that if not a camelbak?

Pretty much summed up my thoughts.Regarding the guards, yes I remember them from the Jai Jawan ep with 21 PARA (SF), I believe these are the very same guards used by Spetsnez, Delta and Seals.

+I noticed what looks like a camelback too just wasn't 100% but, like you said, what else could it be?

Pretty much summed up my thoughts.Regarding the guards, yes I remember them from the Jai Jawan ep with 21 PARA (SF), I believe these are the very same guards used by Spetsnez, Delta and Seals.

+I noticed what looks like a camelback too just wasn't 100% but, like you said, what else could it be?

I would be very happy if i get to see camelbaks in large numbers..atleast the special operation guys can get them.I hate the stupid bottles the jawans have to carry.It keeps bouncing after hitting your body and is very uncomfortable to carry.

if Ghataks would have Tavors then i guess Indo-US excercise would have been the first place the Ghataks would have got it.
You don't remember the last Indo-Russia joint exercise something like Indra--- something....in that also you can see Ghataks with tavor.

NSG:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

You don't remember the last Indo-Russia joint exercise something like Indra--- something....in that also you can see Ghataks with tavor.

Man,i have already said in the Indo-US excercise thread thread that Ghataks dont have Tavors till now but will surely have them in fututre and has been proved in the pics.In the Indra excercise those guys are not NAGA regt Ghataks with Tavors for the simple reason that they dont look like NAGA guys.Naga regtt only has NAGA guys whereas the TAvor guys look to be from all over India from their facial features.

Kindly dont confuse things for normal people here.Even i would love to see Ghataks with Tavor.Infact i would like it to be in large numbers.But the thing is that it is not there in large numbers and as of now only Paras have it.

Back
Top Bottom