What's new

Indian Special Forces

Dont be too harsh, at least they got everything right below their waistlines :tup:
But where are their helmets? Their BPJs? Their webbing? They get shot in the torso- game over. They get shot in the head- game over. They run through the 30 bullets in their magazine, run into a terrorist but have no additional magazines-game over.

Not to mention how unprofessional they look running around in nothing but T-shirts with "SWAT- ULTIMATE" on them. Where the heck is the rest of their gear???

But where are their helmets? Their BPJs? Their webbing? They get shot in the torso- game over. They get shot in the head- game over. They run through the 30 bullets in their magazine, run into a terrorist but have no additional magazines-game over.

Not to mention how unprofessional they look running around in nothing but T-shirts with "SWAT- ULTIMATE" on them. Where the heck is the rest of their gear???

My comment was actually not meant to be serious bro :)

I was just kidding^^

SPG:

482145330-the-security-personnel-leaving-at-parliament-gettyimages.jpg

494047697-prime-minister-narendra-modi-arrives-at-pmo-gettyimages.jpg

482178308-indian-prime-minister-narendra-modi-is-gettyimages.jpg

494047695-prime-minister-narendra-modi-arrives-at-pmo-gettyimages.jpg

gujarat-cadre-IPS-Officer-Vivek-Srivastava-SPG-Chief-Security-PM-narendra-modi-news-hindi-india-79633.jpg

Exactly, they should have just let the NSG handle everything.
Its possible the NSG would have done it faster maybe with less casualties.

Exactly, they should have just let the NSG handle everything.
Its possible the NSG would have done it faster maybe with less casualties.
It is the job of these local/state special response teams to contain and handle all such emergencies until the NSG arrives on the scene in the case of emergencies. In order to do this these local/state teams need to be VERY well equipped and trained so as to stand in the way of any such morons and ensure the situation does not escalate. Punjab's SWAT team looks good at PR events but when the brown stuff hit the fan they were made to look pretty amateur (IMHO) and VERY unprofessional.

And this sentiment is clearly echoed by others:

'It's Been Years,' Says Punjab Chief Minister On Poorly Equipped Cops Fighting Terror

As an aside, the NSG/local special response units should adopt a similar approach to the US and the FBI's SWAT (NSG equivalent to a degree). In this sense the local/state special response teams have to undergo a mandatory assessment of their skills and capabilities every few years in front of FBI SWAT instructors. If the local team fails they will not receive federal funding. Considering a lot of the special response teams raised post-26/11 were done so using central funds it is not unreasonable to make sure the money has been well spent by the GoI.

Last edited:
@Koovie , @alby , @Unknowncommando , @Abingdonboy , @bloo

It looks like the Punjab SWAT is not wearing any BPJ or helmet because they lack it .... It's because that's the way they fight :hitwall:

This is what DGP of Punjab had to say ,

We can argue that he may be lying but the sad part is , this picture below shows he may be actually right

View attachment 242762

Well their 'mundes' have never been hit by a 7.62×39mm, one of the world's hardest hitting calibers.
So apparently ignorance is bliss or rather arrogance for these noobs.

@Koovie , @alby , @Unknowncommando , @Abingdonboy , @bloo

It looks like the Punjab SWAT is not wearing any BPJ or helmet because they lack it .... It's because that's the way they fight :hitwall:

This is what DGP of Punjab had to say ,

The sad part is , this picture below shows he may be actually right

View attachment 242762
Just shows how utterly unprofessional and inexperienced this unit is, no CT unit worth its salt would utter such nonsense, this is beyond embarrassing.

F*cking clowns.

Just shows how utterly unprofessional and inexperienced this unit is, no CT unit worth its salt would utter such nonsense, this is beyond embarrassing.

F*cking clowns.

I don't want to sound regionalist or offensive but I think this punjabi machoism has been the reason our neighboring country has gone down the hole since they are totally dominated by punjabis. I think people of punjab lack systemic thinking. They are more aggresive which definately has it's merits but it cannot replace cold and systemic thinking.

I don't want to sound regionalist or offensive but I think this punjabi machoism has been the reason our neighboring country has gone down the hole since they are totally dominated by punjabis. I think people of punjab lack systemic thinking. They are more aggresive which definately has it's merits but it cannot replace cold and systemic thinking.
This is far too simplistic an explanation bro. if this were the case of one undisciplined/macho force then fine but look all over India, there are few (if any) examples of world class police units. The few that have been raised have only been done in RESPONSE to 26/11 so it is not the case that others in India are doing better.

This is a systemic issue in the IPS in my opinion, they just don't seem to have the right mindset, they seem stuck in the 1910s (sadly this isn't even an exaggeration).

This is far too simplistic an explanation bro. if this were the case of one undisciplined/macho force then fine but look all over India, there are few (if any) examples of world class police units. The few that have been raised have only been done in RESPONSE to 26/11 so it is not the case that others in India are doing better.

This is a systemic issue in the IPS in my opinion, they just don't seem to have the right mindset, they seem stuck in the 1910s (sadly this isn't even an exaggeration).

What can be done to change it? I think that it's a slow process and it will atleast take a decade to change anything in the police sphere even if a lot is done now. I don't think this decadal timeline is exaggeration,infact this is a very optimistic timeline because this is the reality on ground.

Back
Top Bottom