What's new

Indian Special Forces

Please do explain how the hell you come too the conclusion that PARA,SG,MARCOS are not elite?How many opperators you had met or how many operations you had seen which they had conducted?And comparing the capabilities of PARA,SG or MARCO, NSG is nowhere near any of them.NSG is just elite and the rest are Special Forces.Ok you come to the conclusion just because unlike hollywood flicks our men are not investing much on costume parties.. :P

Whoa buddy... clam down. Am sorry for the insensitive remarks. I did not base my remaks on Media potrayal. But you could be right that since our government keeps armed forces on very light leash and not many details come out.. these guys could be great but again I stand to my point that these forces have no elite aura around them... none like SEALs and none of the missions they have undertaken have they shown any exception... I could list a few Operation Black Tornado OR Anti-Piracy. Whatever... we are not superpower and nor do we have such resources so given our limitations...these guys are really good :)

cg use optical sight with zooming capability

cg_m3-1.jpg

Carl Gustav recoilless rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia read this.

cg uses Open (iron) sights, optical 3×, laser rangefinder, image intensification system which will increase accuracy. RPG uses only iron sight
rpg-7-usa_0.jpg

Well you haven't met Airtronic RPG7 yet.

So where are we lacking?We have NVGs,HHTI,UAV,portable radars,best rifles,C130 etc and have a very capable SF which may not and need not be the best in the world but are best in the region for sure.

We have a proud history with our SF completing every given task.

Regarding the Nahan base.It is a Headquater for the SF unit which is sent to Kashmir.All the companies of the unit serve in Kashmir on rotation and Nahan serves as the base like Xyz base in Assam serves as a base for all SF in North East
you mean this one??
With the Army's Special Forces being trained at Jorhat in Assam, the IAF has been carrying out regular drills for Special Operations, particularly during the night.
Panagarh air base gears up for special operations - The Times of India
@Abingdonboy

3987216022_841b7cd5d6.jpg

Hope now you know, how you are going to look through it..:)

That's an ACOG sight - don't think the reflex sight in the original pic has enough clearence for your cheek. So you basically have to bend your head sideways to use it.

The sideways sight seems much more convenient.

That's an ACOG sight - don't think the reflex sight in the original pic has enough clearence for your cheek. So you basically have to bend your head sideways to use it.

The sideways sight seems much more convenient.
Don't think that would be a problem,as in case of rifles too such bending had to be done,but in case of an RPG the shooting happens not frequently,so that shouldn't e a major issue.

jpan8p.jpg

Could any one say what type of sighs are in this Russian AkMs?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom