What's new

Indian Special Forces

B-WwJGmCcAA_5iP.jpg

B-WwcrUCcAAnw3C.jpg

Still havent seen Garuds with proper helmets so far.
yes.. hope they will brought some... but i never saw any pics of garuds using helmets.

They need something a LOT better than these tired looking, un armoured and underpowered Gypsys.

they uese that as a strike vechicle,,, and generally SF don't use armored vehicles. Gypsys are very common in indian military.. para SF also use it.

they uese that as a strike vechicle,,, and generally SF don't use armored vehicles. Gypsys are very common in indian military.. para SF also use it.
It needs to be replaced (and is being) by the ENTIRE Indian military including the SFs, this is just taking a lot longer than envisaged. Just because it is a strike vehicles doesn't mean it can't be armoured, it can still be open top and have armoured protection. The Gypsy in the role it is currently being used in is totally unacceptable.

:smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten: For the SF ofcourse :D
Any true SF operator will shy away from the camera, the general adage used for SFs around the world is "silent professionals" and the PARA (SF) have said (which the Garuds alluded to) that they like to let their work speak for themselves and they don't like to be in the public eye.

This is what being SF is all about, not posing for selfies :disagree:

Any true SF operator will shy away from the camera, the general adage used for SFs around the world is "silent professionals" and the PARA (SF) have said (which the Garuds alluded to) that they like to let their work speak for themselves and they don't like to be in the public eye.

This is what being SF is all about, not posing for selfies :disagree:

garuds are not a secret unit. they are like indian air force's pararescue. they don't need to cover their face. that unit deployed in aero india is the base protection unit of garuds. gauds don't operates in undercover or they don't need to fight an insurgency like marcos, para sf or NSG doing. their is noting secret in garuds peacetime operation except their trainnig and equipments.

garuds are not a secret unit. they are like indian air force's pararescue. they don't need to cover their face. that unit deployed in aero india is the base protection unit of garuds. gauds don't operates in undercover or they don't need to fight an insurgency like marcos, para sf or NSG doing. their is noting secret in garuds peacetime operation except their trainnig and equipments.
I'm not saying they should be covering their faces (although some will do in other situations depending on where they are deployed) but they shouldn't be smiling and posing for pictures with civilians either.

They are on duty and aren't there to interact with the public, forget about how unprofessional it looks it is indicative of their less disciplined/combat honed nature. Look at the PARA(SF) and MARCOs, whenever you see them in public (on duty) they are serious and are projecting "don't f*ck with me". As a SF unit the Garuds should be doing the same.

It just seems to me the lack of combat exposure has made this force a little "soft". That is not to say they aren't a top-notch force and will perform when they need to.

Probably the best defence/war correspondent is Wajahat S Khan... His ste of writing is quiet impressive...
That guy was awesome, always came across very articulate and informed, I quite liked his interaction with (then) Indian COAS Bikram Singh, even though he was raising a thorny issue he did so with a lot of grace and in a respectful manner.

I have a lot of time for that guy, although I hear his defence specials were cancelled for some reason.

That guy was awesome, always came across very articulate and informed, I quite liked his interaction with (then) Indian COAS Bikram Singh, even though he was raising a thorny issue he did so with a lot of grace and in a respectful manner.

I have a lot of time for that guy, although I hear his defence specials were cancelled for some reason.

Yeah back in mid 2000s.. "We are Soldiers"... It ended abruptly ... Some rumours say some "higher up" didn't like the idea.. But that was quiet a show.

Check these articles of his:

The ghosts and gains of North Waziristan - thenews.com.pk

Zarb-e-Azb: Gear up for the ‘forever war’ - thenews.com.pk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom