462275928-security-personnel-observe-security-through-gettyimages.jpg

(secret service on right)
462275932-security-personnel-observe-security-through-gettyimages.jpg

462007726-security-during-republic-day-full-dress-gettyimages.jpg

462018774-snipers-as-security-measures-are-deployed-gettyimages.jpg

SPG:

462244780-security-forces-stand-guard-during-a-visit-gettyimages.jpg

I might have to visit the optician this weekend :lol:

Its been long since i have seen the PSG-1..Has it gone out of service?
Must have, haven't spotted it since 26/11, the NSG seems to use the SIG-552 in this role now.

What are your thoughts sir?
I think 5.56 x 45 is a very accurate and versatile round to build a precision platform. For special forces it is all about right tools for the right job, but in my limited understanding a DM or Sniper detail should have some more blunt force behind it like a .300 Win mag or even a 7.62 x 54R. to shoot through light obstructions.I have been reading about the 6.5 x 47 Lapua and it looks like a very promising round.

The fact of the matter remains that these forces are highly disciplined and know their craft much more than we could ever imagine. If there choice is a 5.56 variant there must be some practical logic behind their choice.

I think 5.56 x 45 is a very accurate and versatile round to build a precision platform. For special forces it is all about right tools for the right job, but in my limited understanding a DM or Sniper detail should have some more blunt force behind it like a .300 Win mag or even a 7.62 x 54R. to shoot through light obstructions.I have been reading about the 6.5 x 47 Lapua and it looks like a very promising round.

The fact of the matter remains that these forces are highly disciplined and know their craft much more than we could ever imagine. If there choice is a 5.56 variant there must be some practical logic behind their choice.

The 6.5 Grendel is indeed a very promising design,especially for engaging targets at beyond 1000 yards.That round is reported to be retaining supersonic velocity even beyond 1200 yards and that too when fired from 16" barrels!!Quite definitely,it can replace both 7.62X51 and 5.56X45.

The 6.5 Grendel is indeed a very promising design,especially for engaging targets at beyond 1000 yards.That round is reported to be retaining supersonic velocity even beyond 1200 yards and that too when fired from 16" barrels!!Quite definitely,it can replace both 7.62X51 and 5.56X45.
I was actually referring to 6.5 x 47mm Lapua not 6.5 x 39 grendel, which again no doubt is a very good intermediate range round.

Back
Top Bottom