What's new

Indian Special Forces

1236428_378699922232575_1078098282_n.jpg

This pic also dates back to 1989
MARCOS A.K Saxena (Black Belt in Martial Arts)
From the first batch of MARCOS
Deployed in operation Pawan, operation Cactus, operation operation Muffet, operation Leech & operation Tasha.
Trained at Palam Air Port, New Delhi for Air-Craft Intervention, Administration & Security, Anti -Terrorism, Anti-Hi-jacking and Commando Operations.
Trained at R.A.W New Delhi for the Specific Security & Administration Task assignment.
Trained at Special Group, Project Sunray, under the Army and Ministry of Home, Govt. of India. As MARCOS he is trained in every kind of Sophisticated Weapon and instruments for Operational Handling of Small Arms such as AK- 47, AKM, AKMS, MP-5, PISTOL, 9 MM Carbine, SLR, LMG, MMG, Kalgostav 85 MM, Crossbows to Sniper Rifles with telescopic, Rocket Launcher, submachine guns & I.E.D’s.
Trained at Indian Naval Establishment INS Abhimanyu, Mumbai for Under Water Commando Operations. Special Air Service and halo jumps at open Sea, Repelling down on Board Ships, MARTIAL Art, and liaison with civil authorities & Area of Specialization in Administration/Planning/Logistics/Materials/Procurement/Supply & Chain Management
Trained at 22 Establishments, Sarsawa, U.P for Para trooping, Sky Dive, Sliding, & Slithering / Repelling, Room and Bus intervention.
Trained at Military Intelligence College, Pune - Particular for Vigilance, Intelligence and VIP / VVIP Security & Administration,
Trained at Naval Aviation Technical Institute – Kochin State of Kerala for basic knowledge about Air Crafts and trained in Motor driving training (Light & Heavy)

1236428_378699922232575_1078098282_n.jpg

This pic also dates back to 1989
MARCOS A.K Saxena (Black Belt in Martial Arts)
From the first batch of MARCOS
Deployed in operation Pawan, operation Cactus, operation operation Muffet, operation Leech & operation Tasha.
Trained at Palam Air Port, New Delhi for Air-Craft Intervention, Administration & Security, Anti -Terrorism, Anti-Hi-jacking and Commando Operations.
Trained at R.A.W New Delhi for the Specific Security & Administration Task assignment.
Trained at Special Group, Project Sunray, under the Army and Ministry of Home, Govt. of India. As MARCOS he is trained in every kind of Sophisticated Weapon and instruments for Operational Handling of Small Arms such as AK- 47, AKM, AKMS, MP-5, PISTOL, 9 MM Carbine, SLR, LMG, MMG, Kalgostav 85 MM, Crossbows to Sniper Rifles with telescopic, Rocket Launcher, submachine guns & I.E.D’s.
Trained at Indian Naval Establishment INS Abhimanyu, Mumbai for Under Water Commando Operations. Special Air Service and halo jumps at open Sea, Repelling down on Board Ships, MARTIAL Art, and liaison with civil authorities & Area of Specialization in Administration/Planning/Logistics/Materials/Procurement/Supply & Chain Management
Trained at 22 Establishments, Sarsawa, U.P for Para trooping, Sky Dive, Sliding, & Slithering / Repelling, Room and Bus intervention.
Trained at Military Intelligence College, Pune - Particular for Vigilance, Intelligence and VIP / VVIP Security & Administration,
Trained at Naval Aviation Technical Institute – Kochin State of Kerala for basic knowledge about Air Crafts and trained in Motor driving training (Light & Heavy)

Abnesh Saxena, MARCOS - India | LinkedIn

is 9-para is the most elite UNIT of army SF? always new weapons for the SF will first go to 9th para, like tavor, new helmet,3rd gen NVG etc

That's not actually how these things will go now. At one time yes the PARA (SF) btns were organised along the lines of specialty ie one would specilise in jungle warfare, another in deserts, another in mountain etc etc. But the SFs long since got rid of this. Now all SF btns are all-fliers who are trained and proficient in all. Yes certain btns may have more decorations and more of a respected lineage but that is rather irrelevant. Training and equipment is standardised. There's no hierarchy though amongst the SF btns.

On the whole 9 PARA (SF) have been the "heavy hitters" in the JK valley with other SF btns also rotating their men through the valley working alongside the 9th. Similarly the 21st PARA (SF) btn have Been primarily charged with the fight in India's NE.

The 9th have a great history for sure though.

That's not actually how these things will go now. At one time yes the PARA (SF) btns were organised along the lines of specialty ie one would specilise in jungle warfare, another in deserts, another in mountain etc etc. But the SFs long since got rid of this. Now all SF btns are all-fliers who are trained and proficient in all. Yes certain btns may have more decorations and more of a respected lineage but that is rather irrelevant. Training and equipment is standardised. There's no hierarchy though amongst the SF btns.

On the whole 9 PARA (SF) have been the "heavy hitters" in the JK valley with other SF btns also rotating their men through the valley working alongside the 9th. Similarly the 21st PARA (SF) btn have Been primarily charged with the fight in India's NE.

The 9th have a great history for sure though.

What you said about the speciality thing has also been mentioned various times by various sources but personally i feel its a little different.

All SF units send their men to Kashmir for experience and all units train together..but the thing is that we still have a SF unit named Desert Scorpions in Rajasthan for cross border raids SAS style and i personally dont think that 9 PARA or 21 PARA is ever gonna take their area of speciality and they will continue to operrate in Rajasthan only.They might go to Kashmir for experience and officers and other ranks from other units would get to work with them but i dont think they are ever gonna replace them.

Every unit is an all rounder but i still believe that the speciality thing is still going.That is the reason i believe 9 PARA has seen more in Kashmir and according to the high profile army officer that i once got to interact with there are few Para units trained specifically for cross border surgical strikes and they train all round the year...I dont think Desert Scorpions gonna do that ever on LOC.

Does any one have any info on who is responsible for the security of Naval and Air Chiefs.Like PARA SF are responsible for the Army Chief's security..so are Marcos and Garuds in charge?Does anyone have any pics?

@Abingdonboy Hi mate, can you post some pictures of CRPF with Tavors?

Not CoBRA, just normal CRPF?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does any one have any info on who is responsible for the security of Naval and Air Chiefs.Like PARA SF are responsible for the Army Chief's security..so are Marcos and Garuds in charge?Does anyone have any pics?

I doubt the Naval Cheif has MARCOs BGs and whilst there is a possibility that the ACM is protected by Garuds I doubt it. But for sure during high profile events Garuds and even the MARCOs have been used for protection duties.

bro tell me CRPF or J k police. Do CRPF WEAR police khaki or jk police use tavors
https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.n...720/1383457_1392061721026777_1318602186_n.jpg

I used to live close to a CRPF camp in Jammu.The CRPF in cold days wears full sleeve Khaki like the rest of the Police.You can go and check this anywhere.

Still i know people here dont wanna listen and assume things..so heres something for you...

DEL_1_328051g.jpg

CRPF%2Bmarch%2Bpast.jpg

D-803.jpg

main_img.jpg

Hope these pics satisfies your doubt...

And bro,You are absolutely right.J&K SOG and Police use Tavor.You know why...coz they do under cover operations most of the time and they wanna show the Pakistani terrorists that "look you SOAB we are using Tavors" and get their *** grilled by Pakistani bullets doing under cover operation.

Great logic... :lol:

I used to live close to a CRPF camp in Jammu.The CRPF in cold days wears full sleeve Khaki like the rest of the Police.You can go and check this anywhere.

Still i know people here dont wanna listen and assume things..so heres something for you...

DEL_1_328051g.jpg

CRPF%2Bmarch%2Bpast.jpg

D-803.jpg

main_img.jpg

Hope these pics satisfies your doubt...

And bro,You are absolutely right.J&K SOG and Police use Tavor.You know why...coz they do under cover operations most of the time and they wanna show the Pakistani terrorists that "look you SOAB we are using Tavors" and get their *** grilled by Pakistani bullets doing under cover operation.

bhai mere thats why i asked que didnt make statement . Ya earlier i did but then i realise that i was wrong. U have seen them closely and lived with them so u obily know better than anyone. Tu toh yaar game lene lag gaya mera. And that was not logic bro i saw a jk police carrying a tavor, in a news channel and id him as a police by his arm patch not by seeing his uniform only. Aur mai kabhi badha chadhakar nahi bolta armed forces ke bare me. Well enough, thanks bro for this info ,tune meri ankhe khol di. I am fully satisfied with ur ans. My doubt is cleared now.

JAI HIND!!!

bhai mere thats why i asked que didnt make statement . Ya earlier i did but then i realise that i was wrong. U have seen them closely and lived with them so u obily know better than anyone. Tu toh yaar game lene lag gaya mera. And that was not logic bro i saw a jk police carrying a tavor, in a news channel and id him as a police by his arm patch not by seeing his uniform only. Aur mai kabhi badha chadhakar nahi bolta armed forces ke bare me. Well enough, thanks bro for this info ,tune meri ankhe khol di. I am fully satisfied with ur ans. My doubt is cleared now.

JAI HIND!!!

Bhai mere..dusre thread mein bhi meine yehi bat boli thi.Tab toh teri aankhein nhi khuli na...isliye fir detail mein samjhaya.

Game nahi le rha hu teri...but thode maze lene mein kya fark padhta hein :lol:

My apologies if you are offended. :tup:

Keep up the good work.

LOL that does not make sense!!
It's like moving around WITH beacon in hand, too easy to spot them

Bhai mere..dusre thread mein bhi meine yehi bat boli thi.Tab toh teri aankhein nhi khuli na...isliye fir detail mein samjhaya.

Game nahi le rha hu teri...but thode maze lene mein kya fark padhta hein :lol:

My apologies if you are offended. :tup:

Keep up the good work.

toh bhai jaan i havnt written the word (undercover) in my history on PDF toh bhai tune kaha se ye logic aur undercover wali baat paida kar li . Sapna gira tha kya. Isiliye mai bola. Waise mujhe bura nahi laga. hasi, mazak, game lena toh chalta rehta hai. Again thanks for ur gread cooperation. Aur ek baat maze lena aur game lena ek hi baat hai khaas kar ke NAGPUR ka word hai game lena. Dhyan me rakhio mere bhai. :)

Back
Top Bottom