What's new

Indian Special Forces

Different Regiments have different Uniform patterns.. thats why.

No mate that's not true- officially the entire IA should be wearing the new DPM but implementing this has been pretty poor in the past so it's only relatively recently most IA units have worn the new DPM. All regiments of the IA have the same camo- SOFs,obviously, are a different kettle of fish.

Why carry Suitcase with then ?? what is it???
What suitcase mate?

No mate that's not true- officially the entire IA should be wearing the new DPM but implementing this has been pretty poor in the past so it's only relatively recently most IA units have worn the new DPM. All regiments of the IA have the same camo- SOFs,obviously, are a different kettle of fish.

What suitcase mate?

images

ISBS_03_SPG_63RD_I_1041923e.jpg

photo is too small....

in this photo u can see one guy with a suitcase ....:what:

images

photo is too small....

That suitcase contains documents that Prim Minister of India is supposed to carry to Independence Day Celebration... it contains copy of his speech and some other reference material....

And please don't confuse body guards with Army Soldiers.

images

images

images

For starters.

For more information visit : Army Uniforms
There is a difference between ceremonial and combat uniforms- all of the above (except the PARAs) are in CEREMONIAL uniforms. And yes, regiment to regiment there are differences but when it comes to COMBAT uniforms/fatigues they entire IA wears the SAME!!

images

photo is too small....

That suitcase contains documents that Prim Minister of India is supposed to carry to Independence Day Celebration... it contains copy of his speech and some other reference material....

And please don't confuse body guards with Army Soldiers.

The "suitcase" is in fact a Folded Kevlar blanket that can be deployed to protect
the PM in case of attack.

Edit, here you go folks:

Guys found pics of such a system in use, Kevlar blanket breifcase:

5e5efd72-f36f-102e-9d5d-000c29270931.jpg

932d5f48-f370-102e-9d5d-000c29270931.jpg

This answers the Q.

@Abingdonboy

Okay,so i got to meet a young 24 yrs old "Special Operations" operator.And i want to clear things in the beginning that he is a "special operations" operator and not a "Special force" operator.He has 5 yrs of service out of which 4 years are in Kashmir as part of QRT/CAT/GHATAK operator who got awarded the best rifleman by an Ex Para SF officer.A young college(B.com) dropout who wanted to join Army and one day quit his studies to pursue his dreams.A die hard Play station fan who misses his gadgets in the IA.Over the last few days we have become best of friends and he has shared many things with me which obviously i dont wanna share on the net.I will share whatever i can but guys i cant name most of the equipments with their specifications because he is a soldier who is not much into the company and origin but in using his equipments properly.The last time i shared something like this people kept asking specifications which is difficult to tell.

Since my whole family is in the Army so its not very difficult for me to see operators but never have i become friendly with them so much that they have shared stuff with me.This guy was very friendly and i didnt know in the beginning that he is a "Special operations" operator.We were talking about various first person shooting games and all when he mentioned that he was in kashmir and was a special operations operator.

I didnt take him very seriously coz he looked like a cool guy straight out of the college but he surprised me when he took out his mobile phone and showed his pics with other operators and man i was soo shocked to see what i seeing.These guys with beards and long hair didnt loook like an Army soldier one bit.I knew that in special operations soldiers grew beards but i didnt know that they look soo hardcore taliban lookalike.

Here i wish i could share more with you guys but since this is a Pakistani forum i cant share much.Just giving you a hint that solid preprations are done to make them behave,dress and talk like a terrorist.I will share the incidents and stories the next time as i am busy these days.

Some of the things i have to share is..BPJ in use..helmets,NVGs,day night sights,modifications with their rifles,some really cool stories..the uniforms and various modifications they carryout..etc

I am really sorry that you have to wait a few more days and i dont have time to sit back and write about the whole meeting but i will soon post about all these things.Just give me 48 hours mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Abingdonboy

Okay,so i got to meet a young 24 yrs old "Special Operations" operator.And i want to clear things in the beginning that he is a "special operations" operator and not a "Special force" operator.He has 5 yrs of service out of which 4 years are in Kashmir as part of QRT/CAT/GHATAK operator who got awarded the best rifleman by an Ex Para SF officer.A young college(B.com) dropout who wanted to join Army and one day quit his studies to pursue his dreams.A die hard Play station fan who misses his gadgets in the IA.Over the last few days we have become best of friends and he has shared many things with me which obviously i dont wanna share on the net.I will share whatever i can but guys i cant name most of the equipments with their specifications because he is a soldier who is not much into the company and origin but in using his equipments properly.The last time i shared something like this people kept asking specifications which is difficult to tell.

Since my whole family is in the Army so its not very difficult for me to see operators but never have i become friendly with them so much that they have shared stuff with me.This guy was very friendly and i didnt know in the beginning that he is a "Special operations" operator.We were talking about various first person shooting games and all when he mentioned that he was in kashmir and was a special operations operator.

I didnt take him very seriously coz he looked like a cool guy straight out of the college but he surprised me when he took out his mobile phone and showed his pics with other operators and man i was soo shocked to see what i seeing.These guys with beards and long hair didnt loook like an Army soldier one bit.I knew that in special operations soldiers grew beards but i didnt know that they look soo hardcore taliban lookalike.

Here i wish i could share more with you guys but since this is a Pakistani forum i cant share much.Just giving you a hint that solid preprations are done to make them behave,dress and talk like a terrorist.I will share the incidents and stories the next time as i am busy these days.

Some of the things i have to share is..BPJ in use..helmets,NVGs,day night sights,modifications with their rifles,some really cool stories..the uniforms and various modifications they carryout..etc

I am really sorry that you have to wait a few more days and i dont have time to sit back and write about the whole meeting but i will soon post about all these things.Just give me 48 hours mate.

com on mate i cant wait jus describe the equipment and wht kind of those are in brief, if details specification are not possible or u can ping me on my personal id(jik60sk@gmail.com) for any kinda specific info.. BTW gr8 work:cheers:

@Abingdonboy

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR
Very nice mate!! Oh how I'd love that sort of oppurtunity to grill such a guy! But like you say- they are very cagey.

I notice you specifically differentiated between SF and "Special Operations" what exactly is the difference here? Was he in PARA (SF) or a Ghatak (not SF that's why I mention it) ie "Special operations capable" using Western/US lexicon?

If you don't wanna share publically you've got my email!

Very interested in finding out more.

Good work my friend!

+ @jiki

Any more info you can share about your encounter with PARA (SF) guys at Aero India wrt upcoming equipment and exisiting new tech they have mate??

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR please donot post any operational strategies of IA on open forum...that too on pk forum

Don't worry yourself buddy @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR has extensive experience around these military blokes and comes from a military family. He's perfectly aware of the need to protect Op Sec and where the lines are.

Any more info you can share about your encounter with PARA (SF) guys at Aero India wrt upcoming equipment and exisiting new tech they have mate??

Sorry Abingdonboy:sad:
dats it after dat conversation they jus vanished away and in the next day as the show was for common public i couldn't able to find dem , but yes i will try my best for any kindaa info or pic if will have a opportunity in future.

Sorry Abingdonboy
dats it after dat conversation they jus vanished away and in the next day as the show was for common public i couldn't able to find dem , but yes i will try my best for any kindaa info or pic if will have a opportunity in future.

Cool stuff bro!

I replied to your email btw!

Back
Top Bottom