What's new

Indian Special Forces

IAF GARUDs:

758154807.jpg

Ahhhh !!! Those different camou schemes for each soldier !!! One can see 4 different patterns on their tactical trousers.

Yup..Indian armed forces camo is in a mess.You can see 3 types of camo out of which the guy on the extreme left is weaing Indian Army camo..the ones on theright are wearing an old Indian Army camo and the guy in the centre is wearing what Garuds mostly wear these days.

I am hoping for F-INSAS to solve this problem for the Army to some extent.

I think the point is not about FINSAS solving the problem. The problem lies (acutely) with soldiers having to buy their own uniforms from different military vendors . There are countless pictures - not only of Garuds but of other regular army units wearing different patterns and this needs to be addressed soon. Just a few days back someone posted pictures of an army unit walking back after a mission in Kashmir and each one of them seemed to have his own personalised outfit. This year's 26th Jan parade had one picture of our para - one soldier wearing a different trouser pattern than the others.

I don't know how the supply of REGULAR CAMOUFLAGE uniforms is managed in other armies as big as India's but I have widely come across a lot of ex-personnel and serving members in the Indian Army esp. that they have to buy uniforms from vendors. As a civilian , I am a bit dumbfounded.

Nevertheless, I salute these soldiers for getting jobs done regardless of what they wear !

Yup..Indian armed forces camo is in a mess.You can see 3 types of camo out of which the guy on the extreme left is weaing Indian Army camo..the ones on theright are wearing an old Indian Army camo and the guy in the centre is wearing what Garuds mostly wear these days.

I am hoping for F-INSAS to solve this problem for the Army to some extent.

I think the point is not about FINSAS solving the problem. The problem lies (acutely) with soldiers having to buy their own uniforms from different military vendors . There are countless pictures - not only of Garuds but of other regular army units wearing different patterns and this needs to be addressed soon. Just a few days back someone posted pictures of an army unit walking back after a mission in Kashmir and each one of them seemed to have his own personalised outfit. This year's 26th Jan parade had one picture of our para - one soldier wearing a different trouser pattern than the others.

I don't know how the supply of REGULAR CAMOUFLAGE uniforms is managed in other armies as big as India's but I have widely come across a lot of ex-personnel and serving members in the Indian Army esp. that they have to buy uniforms from vendors. As a civilian , I am a bit dumbfounded.

Nevertheless, I salute these soldiers for getting jobs done regardless of what they wear !

Look,What i believe is that F-INSAS will bring in a digi-camo for the IA and since digi camo requires technology and designing it may have copyrights so that these vendors wont be able to copy it.Even if thats not the case the Army should take actions after inducting F-INSAS so that soldiers dont go to these vendors and buy any camo of their choice.

The problem is that the IA doesnt provide soldiers with enough cloth for a year's uniform and same goes for the boots.Hence a soldier has to go to a shop and buys camo and boots of his choice.

I am expecting all this to end with the induction of F-INSAS.

Look,What i believe is that F-INSAS will bring in a digi-camo for the IA and since digi camo requires technology and designing it may have copyrights so that these vendors wont be able to copy it.Even if thats not the case the Army should take actions after inducting F-INSAS so that soldiers dont go to these vendors and buy any camo of their choice.

The problem is that the IA doesnt provide soldiers with enough cloth for a year's uniform and same goes for the boots.Hence a soldier has to go to a shop and buys camo and boots of his choice.

I am expecting all this to end with the induction of F-INSAS.

Your points are well made and well taken . Thanks .
However, as a person who is in the fabrics technology for over 25 years, I must say this with sadness that the Indian Armed forces doesn't seem to look closely at the most crucial factor for colors on fabrics. My fear, is that no matter what kind of DDP FINSAS uses, the danger is in allocating "accredited" fabrics mills in India to produce them - SANS - any technical parameters of color fastness.

Color fastness is a BIG thing and a color / fabric reacts to sunlight (harshness), number of washes, tear strength, crocking (wet and dry crocking), tensile strength et al and shrinkage.

GREAT PICS @Water Car Engineer!!! Got anymore??

All in all the Garud are pretty well-equipped and I'm glad to see the Spetnez scooter-like helmet is on the way out for them.
why is the Garud carrying a rope a la boy scout style as I have never seen any Indian army personal or special forces operative carry a rope this way...most of the time the rope would be tucked inside the ruck sack or if the rope would be large enough would be carried on the shoulders

Last edited by a moderator:
why is the Garud carrying a rope a la boy scout style as I have never seen any Indian army personal or special forces operative carry a rope this way...most of the time the rope would be tucked inside the ruck sack or if the rope would be large enough would be carried on the shoulders

Yeah...and same goes for the knife and pistol placed wrongly.I am guessing that it is so because it is a "mela" or fair and they have to show what all they carry.Hence they have put it in a more visible place.

Yeah...and same goes for the knife and pistol placed wrongly.I am guessing that it is so because it is a "mela" or fair and they have to show what all they carry.Hence they have put it in a more visible place.

That's a negative mate, most soldiers place their combat knives and secondary weapons on their torso whereas security forces place them on the hips or strapped around the thigh.

This is to aid in mobility, a heavy weight tied around ones leg can reduce your running perfomance.

An US soldier with his pistol holster.

orig.jpg

Back
Top Bottom