What's new

Indian Special Forces

EOTECH must be related to optics..but cant notice anything in particular..:undecided:

though the old style chhadi,which the old man is holding looks cool..
@Dillinger

Lt.Gen KT. Parnaik sir, Oh I hope someone would have handed him the responsibility for the stand off right now....unlike the present situation where the area is under ITBP/MEA mandate...:hitwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Abingdonboy @Ayush @samantk @arp2041 @kurup @Koovie

KT+Parnaik.jpg

Notice something?

Hint:- EOTech

The soldier with the gun on the right, his gun does look like it has EOtech. When did we start using EOtech? @Dillinger

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somebody identify these soldiers ?? Regulars or PARA SF

377343_10151465074448071_1065150342_n.jpg

ZRA0e.jpg

Have you got the story behind his injury/heroism? I can't seem to find anything.

IC-74882F Lieutenant Manish Singh
9th Battalion, The Parachute Regiment (Special Forces)

25 September, 2012

Lieutenant Manish Singh 9th Battalion, The Parachute Regiment (Special Forces), Shaurya Chakra
Lieutenant Manish Singh is troop commander with 9th Battalion the Parachute Regiment since 01 Apr 2011.

As part of search and destroy operation of 30 RR at general area of Kupwara District in Jammu and Kashmir on 25 September 2012, his squad was tasked to track escaping terrorists through terraced maize fields. During the search, a terrorist suddenly opened indiscriminate fire injuring Lieutenant Manish Singh and pinning down his squad.

In a display of extreme courage and utter disregard for his own safety, despite his injuries, Lt Manish crawled forward and kept the terrorist pinned down. During the encounter, the officer displayed leadership of the highest order in refusing to be evacuated and notwithstanding his grievous injuries and blood loss, held on to his position.

Finally as the terrorist charged upon him, he shot him dead at near point blank range. His courageous action ensured the safety of his men and ruled out collateral damage to civilian houses.

For his act of showing courage of exemplary order, conspicuous gallantry and outstanding leadership in the highest traditions of the Indian Army Lieutenant Manish Singh is conferred for the award of “SHAURYA CHAKRA”.

IC-74882F Lieutenant Manish Singh
9th Battalion, The Parachute Regiment (Special Forces)

25 September, 2012

Lieutenant Manish Singh 9th Battalion, The Parachute Regiment (Special Forces), Shaurya Chakra
Lieutenant Manish Singh is troop commander with 9th Battalion the Parachute Regiment since 01 Apr 2011.

As part of search and destroy operation of 30 RR at general area of Kupwara District in Jammu and Kashmir on 25 September 2012, his squad was tasked to track escaping terrorists through terraced maize fields. During the search, a terrorist suddenly opened indiscriminate fire injuring Lieutenant Manish Singh and pinning down his squad.

In a display of extreme courage and utter disregard for his own safety, despite his injuries, Lt Manish crawled forward and kept the terrorist pinned down. During the encounter, the officer displayed leadership of the highest order in refusing to be evacuated and notwithstanding his grievous injuries and blood loss, held on to his position.

Finally as the terrorist charged upon him, he shot him dead at near point blank range. His courageous action ensured the safety of his men and ruled out collateral damage to civilian houses.

For his act of showing courage of exemplary order, conspicuous gallantry and outstanding leadership in the highest traditions of the Indian Army Lieutenant Manish Singh is conferred for the award of “SHAURYA CHAKRA”.

39948d1327571230-pay-your-salute-mother-india-happy-republic-day-7lwjd.jpg

I salute you lieutenant,may God Bless You!!!

In India we all sleep well at night knowing that men like you are there to keep us safe..

"JAI HIND"......I only wish it had a better ending

A unit of

Mizoram Armed Police

Mizoram Armed Police - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good to see you back on here bro!
mate I.R.B. is a force whichg has been raised by the state and 75% of its funds come from the centre.actually its a kind of a state paramilitary force which is under state supervision and control.these battalions were raised after 2000 in nearly every state as per the direction of the G.O.I. and every state police force has multiple I.R.B. battalions in their disposal.now the interesting thing is that although it is under the state supervision the G.O.I. has the power to deploy these battalions at times of need like general election,assembly election or for counter-insurgency purpose.they have been trained at the C.R.P.F. academies and i have read it somewhere(sorry i couldn't find the source) that there were 24 such battalions active as of 2008 and there are plans to raise another 30-50 battalions in the future:cheers:.

Back
Top Bottom