What's new

Indian Special Forces

Im talking about the consistency of the new equipment for the NSG forces. Who cares about SPG really.

To be fair the SPG are essential and are there to protect those who genuinely deserve it is the PM and their families. You cas of say these people are not deserving of the best possible protection India can afford.

Duh.... but the NSG has to take part of the blame. The publicity hungry then chief of the NSG was the one continuously briefing the media even while operations were going on (later on -after retirement, claiming on television channels that he was suffering from post-traumatic stress-???), people were allowed to interview the commandos....very bad handling. Add to that, some idiot high up the Naval command decided that the Marcos should give interviews when they had achieved nothing during their operation(not that they should give when they do achieve something but it was clearly a stupid move) Journalists did a lot of damage but they were allowed to do that by an incompetent system. Even if there was initially some confusion, by day 2 that should have been all under control. It was a joke near the Taj with journalists pretending that they were in a war, all lying prone...the cordon kept changing and the media was allowed way too close. Stupid, stupid handling!

Duh.... but the NSG has to take part of the blame. The publicity hungry then chief of the NSG was the one continuously briefing the media even while operations were going on (later on -after retirement, claiming on television channels that he was suffering from post-traumatic stress-???), people were allowed to interview the commandos....very bad handling. Add to that, some idiot high up the Naval command decided that the Marcos should give interviews when they had achieved nothing during their operation(not that they should give when they do achieve something but it was clearly a stupid move) Journalists did a lot of damage but they were allowed to do that by an incompetent system. Even if there was initially some confusion, by day 2 that should have been all under control. It was a joke near the Taj with journalists pretending that they were in a war, all lying prone...the cordon kept changing and the media was allowed way too close. Stupid, stupid handling!

Indeed. Anyone other than police and security forces needed to be kept KMs away not literally within shooting distance. I hope the appropriate lessons have been learnt. It is a fricking tragedy that there is even the slightest possiblity that a NSG operator might have been killed because the terrorists knew they were beginning the assut as their handlers could see it on Tv! All sides had a part to play.

Wrt the MARCOs this decision was made in MoD can't blame the IN or MARCOs. And to be fair the MARCOs did effectively pin down te scumbags and their EOD unit did defuse some devices at the Taj. But considering the number of MARCOs deployed never exceeded 20 their utility was limited to say the least when split up in 3+ locations.

Wrt the MARCOs this decision was made in MoD can't blame the IN or MARCOs. And to be fair the MARCOs did effectively pin down te scumbags and their EOD unit did defuse some devices at the Taj. But considering the number of MARCOs deployed never exceeded 20 their utility was limited to say the least when split up in 3+ locations.

That I don't quibble about. I'm sure they did well within limitations but I was aghast at the cavalier manner in which they were made to give interviews and that too when the operation was still ongoing(even if by the NSG).. Uncontrolled (key being uncontrolled) publicity and elite units simply don't mix.

To be fair the SPG are essential and are there to protect those who genuinely deserve it is the PM and their families. You cas of say these people are not deserving of the best possible protection India can afford.

What are you talking about??

What are you talking about??

I'm saying that just like the USSS don't cut corners when protecting POTUS- the Indian establishment must give whatever support and resources to the SPG so they can do their job as well as possible. India cannot be losing PMs to assassinations. The PM of India should be the most protected person in India if not then india is some banana republic that can't Protect even those at the top.

I'm saying that just like the USSS don't cut corners when protecting POTUS- the Indian establishment must give whatever support and resources to the SPG so they can do their job as well as possible. India cannot be losing PMs to assassinations. The PM of India should be the malt protected person in India if not then india is some banana republic that can't Protect even those at the top.

I dont care about the SPG. They're small in numbers and their duty is to protect the politicians. So by default they'll be trained and better equipped.

I much rather see the group that always been under equipped be better armed and trained consistently. And the focus should be on them, not a small groups that's aways have been better equipped from the get go.

379255_10151249305016395_1444093385_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom