What's new

Indian Special Forces

Where'd you get this pic mate?

Searched for republic day 2013 rehearsal in google images (for the past week), but the website itself did not work and was offline.

Ovuxp.jpg

It would make my day seeing them armed with the MSMC.

Bayonets on a SMG???

sorry for going OT , in this pic 2 soldiers have completely different weapon holding position .... any + and -ves for these 2 positions...

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR
Dude let me tell you the whole story then.

The RR earlyon comprised of only infantrymen and they got special reports for promotion but the other guys complained against this and seeked permission from the chief to be a part of RR.

The guys from Armoured and other branches uses to take position like this and get injured since this was not their skill..so special schools were setup so a soldier was properly trained before sending to combat.

Now even our armored and artillery guys can take better position that this.

This was unnecessary but then this is the Indian Army and a soldier is a skilled combatant so the driver of a MBT can turn out to be a guy who has spent 3 yrs in Kashmir and kick any enemy Infantry units azz even If his tank has been knocked out.

This is what I like about the Indian Army.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, 26/11 was a wake up call. Even state police forces have comparable units on their own now. Lets hope these guys wont be wasted for VIP security.

Excellent point. All the issues identified post-26/11 very much seem to have been addressed. It's a happy day to know that the NSG (protectors of the general people) are as well armed as the SPG and the like. This has often been a criticism in the past ie the SPG were very well equipped whilst the NSG were using antiquated equipment.

Excellent point. All the issues identified post-26/11 very much seem to have been addressed. It's a happy day to know that the NSG (protectors of the general people) are as well armed as the SPG and the like. This has often been a criticism in the past ie the SPG were very well equipped whilst the NSG were using antiquated equipment.
Yes,
Finally NSG (protectors of us normal people) are on the level of the SPG (protectors of VVIPs)
SPG
article-2092415-1179A962000005DC-92_634x421.jpg

NSG

WvEQuf1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom