Indian soldiers 'treated like slaves'

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian soldiers 'treated like slaves' as complaints grow against Army online

indian-army.jpg

Indian Army soldiers from the Army Services Corps (ASC) Centre and College take part in a training and combat preparedness demonstration in Bangalore MANJUNATH KIRAN/AFP/Getty Images

Dissent within the Indian Army is increasingly being aired out in public via social media, as another soldier made headlines on Tuesday with a Facebook video about the treatment of troops.

In recent months soldiers have come forward to voice a number of complaints, mostly surrounding the behaviour of superior officers and general working conditions.

Jawan Sindhav Jogidas posted a video online in which he claimed that soldiers were being “treated like slaves”, fed substandard fruit and vegetables and beaten for objecting.

"The jawans (soldiers) are given the lowest quality of food which is just enough for survival. Some officers keep jawans as slaves but no one can speak against the officers," Mr Jogidas alleged.

He expressed regrets about speaking out, but said he felt he had no other option.

"I was punished for raising complaints," he said. "Army is the only service where combatants were forced to serve officers.

"I am sure that Army won't accept these complaints. I did not want to speak about the Army in public or social media, but I had no other choice but to raise my complaint in public.”

The Indian Army has rubbished the accusations and claimed an official response would be released soon, India Today reported.

They did however release a list of misdemeanours Mr Jogidas is responsible for, including refusing to clean bed pans in a military hospital and outstaying his leave.

This is the not the first time a soldier in the Indian Army has raised concerns.

A couple of months ago, another soldier, stationed along the border in Jammu and Kashmir, said that troops often have to serve on “empty stomachs”.

Tej Bhahadur Yadav also posted a video on social media, where he accused officers of “illegally selling off” supplies that were intended for soldiers, News 18 reported.

"Governments change, but our situation doesn't change… We only get a paratha (piece of flatbread) and tea as breakfast and this is without any pickle or vegetables.

“…We slog for 11 hours and at times we have to stand throughout the duty hours. For lunch, we get 'dal' (dried, split pulses) which only has 'haldi' (turmeric) and salt, with roti (piece of wholemeal bread). This is the quality of the food we get.” he said.

The Border Security Force responded to the allegations and like the Mr Jogidas case, they claimed Mr Yadav was also a troubled single case.

“Constable Tej Bahadur as an individual has a difficult past. From initial days of his career, he needed regular counselling.

“Different correction mechanics have been applied for the individual's welfare as he was habitual offender of absenteeism without permission, chronic alcoholism, misbehaving and using force with superior officers,” the force said in a statement.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...onditions-jawan-sindhav-jogidas-a7616206.html

lol Shahab Khan.

India is a democratic and secular country while 80% of the people are Hindus. Our Army is one of the most professional army in the world. Now talk about yours? Democracy? Secularism? Army? lol

The funny thing is Hitler is now a days teaching humanity and democracy. lol

You should not open your mouth regarding poverty, terrorism, army, human rights and secularism, because you are the worst performer in these categories.

We weren't lucky enough to choose our neighbors. See your signature says it all Indo and Afghan and what not. No other country on Earth has neighbors like us else we would have seen if they still existed.

We weren't lucky enough to choose our neighbors. See your signature says it all Indo and Afghan and what not. No other country on Earth has neighbors like us else we would have seen if they still existed.

You are not lucky enough, but your neighbours, whether Afghanistan, India or Iran are very lucky to have you as neighbour. All of them are bad and you are good. lol

You are not lucky enough, but your neighbours, whether Afghanistan, India or Iran are very lucky to have you as neighbour. All of them are bad and you are good. lol

Lol to you my lucky neighbor for .......

....... if you are into comparing then may be all three of you are not that lucky as China and none of you even can reach there where China is. Guess what's the difference? China has positive relations with Pakistan. Idiocy has no bounds. Lol to you :cheers:

Thread on Jawan Sindhav Jogidas's video was started on 7th March, I wonder why there was a need to make another thread on similar news? Incidentally that thread too was started by @Windjammer. After spamming PDF with fake videos and pictures are you spamming PDF with duplicate threads too?

BSF jawan posts video , says some subordinates ‘treated like slaves’
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bsf-...some-subordinates-treated-like-slaves.482058/
Well well, wonder who opens threads on random tweets and I'm sure you are just perfect who never gets anything wrong....but seems you have shot yourself in the foot, does the above link relates to the news carried by the Independent.....wonder who is desperate to dig up old threads to prove his worth.

Thread on Jawan Sindhav Jogidas's video was started on 7th March, I wonder why there was a need to make another thread on similar news? Incidentally that thread too was started by @Windjammer. After spamming PDF with fake videos and pictures are you spamming PDF with duplicate threads too?

BSF jawan posts video , says some subordinates ‘treated like slaves’
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bsf-...some-subordinates-treated-like-slaves.482058/

Both the articles in the original posts are also published on 7th march. :lol::lol::lol:

Well well, wonder who opens threads on random tweets

@hellfire @Nilgiri

dont miss the truck load of irony on this thread :lol::lol::lol:

Well well, wonder who opens threads on random tweets and I'm sure you are just perfect who never gets anything wrong....but seems you have shot yourself in the foot, does the above link relates to the news carried by the Independent.....wonder who is desperate to dig up old threads to prove his worth.
My "random tweets" are much more reliable than your highly classified sources.

As far as your query about how both threads are linked, both articles are quoting New 18 as source.

According to reports by CNN-News 18

News 18 reported.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/indian-soldiers-treated-like-slaves.485479/

Both the articles in the original posts are also published on 7th march. :lol::lol::lol:
Not only that, primary source for both article is News 18. :lol:

@hellfire @Nilgiri

dont miss the truck load of irony on this thread :lol::lol::lol:
Yea talk about all else except the topic.....i guess your troubles are over.....way to go Indians....:lol:

My "random tweets" are much more reliable than your highly classified sources.
Because they serve your timely purpose, and my sources are not meant for the absent minded.
As far as your query about how both threads are linked, both articles are quoting New 18 as source.

According to reports by CNN-News 18

News 18 reported.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/indian-soldiers-treated-like-slaves.485479/

Not only that, primary source for both article is News 18. :lol:
Then i wonder why some of your country fellows are taking a dig at the author.
Since you are desperate to for brownies, let me correct you once again, News 18 is not exactly the source of the OP....so stop cherry picking.....here enlighten yourself.

Tej Bhahadur Yadav also posted a video on social media, where he accused officers of “illegally selling off” supplies that were intended for soldiers, News 18 reported. :cheesy:

Tej Bhahadur Yadav also posted a video on social media, where he accused officers of “illegally selling off” supplies that were intended for soldiers, News 18 reported.
There are 257,025 Active Personnel in BSF One or Two complaints hardly matters to institution Itself Guy has Discipline Issues in past As-well.Still Millions of Millions Youth turn out During BSF recruitment Tests Every Year

The morale of Indian army is extremely low.

They are not fed or paid for their services. Suicide rate is increasing and recently they have started to take extreme measures such as deserting to enemy like Pakistan (perhaps with the hope to be fed well in prison?).

No wonder chest thumping clowns like Modi or Manohar had to use "Hanuman army" to carry imaginary SirGKal strikes, :lol:

Back
Top Bottom